Glass Hearts.

Glass Hearts.

Tiny ‘I Love You’s’ echoing into the night. Soft sounds of lips against lips, in a gentle way. Skin on skin, sweat falling from both. A small, sweet, delicate gasp, of, ‘Gerard!’ sent up into the air. Like a total bliss.

Falling back onto the bed, breathing for air, reaching for each other. Smiles of content and arms wrapped around one another. Falling in love all over again, eyes shining bright into the other’s.

Sun coming up, dancing through the blinds, just barely six o’ clock. Wake up, wake up, feel him next to me, smile and savor the moment. Blink away the sleep and curl closer into his arms.

He moves in his sleep, whimpering just lightly, save me, save me, and I frown. He’s my perfectly messed up picture, sun bleached and spotted, yet somehow beautiful. “Gee,” flows into the air from my mouth, shaking him just a bit.

He stirs, caramel eyes suddenly glaring down upon me, melt, melt, heart melts. He smiles just barely, a smile forming on his precious cherry lips. “Frankie.” A voice so hoarse, a voice so raspy and soft, barely a whisper, yet meaningful enough.

I don’t bother to say it again, instead nuzzling my nose into his neck as he kisses my forehead and whispers the sweetest, “all mine.” It’s not possessive nor guarding, just simple and loving.

“You were whimpering,” I breathe out. Puffs of carbon dioxide floating into the air, pale chests rising and falling, eyes shutting and closing, fingers trembling just barely, and he smiles – smiles just a tiny smile, barely there – taking his fingers and running them through my hair.

My beautiful sun bleached photo, lying there so still. “Gee, Gee, what was wrong?”

Share your dreams, precious, share them all. Tell me your fears, spill your heart out, blood and veins, onto the floor, left for me to clean up. “I lost you,” it rings clear as night out into the room,

Hearts jump to throats, threatening to spill out, salt flows to eyes, threatening to flow down. “L-lost me?” my voice is throaty and dull, looking for life, the life it had last night when I was pleading for him.

It’s so empty and cold, my mind decides. Even I am surprised by the lack of life held in my voice box, the lack of happiness and content – the two things I had last night.

He traces blank patterns on my skin.

“Lost you,” He tells me again.

And I’m merely confused. Because he’s never had me, for definite. There’s never been that moment where he asked me to be his forever, where he told me that he want me to be his. He never had my heart for sure. “I was never yours,” I repeat.

Blank stares and hurt eyes, words poised on lips, ready to spill out; choking on ecstasy, burning on passion. “Never mine?” The words tumble from his pretty mouth like dice falling from hands, clattering hard against the floor.

“You never…we never…I never…” Smooth, Frank, smooth.

Speak, speak, don’t let this fall, speak. “Never what?” He speaks so delicately.

And I’m afraid of what to say back, his words are so daring, so testing, and I’m afraid I might shatter the calm if I say the wrong thing.

All we are is glass hearts, sitting, waiting expectantly to shatter; erupt up into our throats, fall out with blood and memories. Delicate brains waiting to implode, cranium spattering against the walls preciously.

I am sent into panic mode, gasping for air that isn’t needed, gripping onto his arms for life that is already there, looking for light to dig me out from the blackness starting to invade me. “Shh, calm down,” He whispers into the shell of my ear. My body relaxes almost immediately, and I smile just the tiniest bit, once more burying my face into him – inhaling his scent, kissing his shoulder.

“I w-want to be yours,” I spit out, gripping onto him again. Air. Breathe, breathe. “I w-want to be just yours.”

We’re just two people, two people pleading for love, desperate for comfort, dying for affection. And he’s holding me close, and kissing my forehead, and whispering those soft ‘I Love You’s.’ Only this time, it’s not from sweat-filled, lusty kisses, it’s from his pretty glass heart, filled with the life it keeps pumping out.

“I don’t want to lose you in real life,” He says. His caramel eyes are boring into mine. Melt, melt, heart melts. They sparkle and shine with an affection I never pictured to be real. “Not ever.”

And his cherry lips are against mine, proving his love, proving his care. And his pretty glass heart and mine, have shattered together. They’re repaired as one, and suddenly – suddenly – we’re okay, for just this moment.