Status: New and Active!

My Perfect Mistake

Four

“Alright, thanks Jason.” Kiley said with a giggly little tone as she hung up her cell and tucked it back into her jeans pocket.

“So?” I asked with extreme curiosity peaking through.

“Mycin’s working at Sports Zone in the Arrington mall.” Kiley smiled wide as the wheels in her mind started to get creative. “Get in the car Lina. We’re going shopping.”

Before I had even the slightest bit of time to reject, I was being dragged back out to the parking lot and thrown into Kiley’s passenger side door. She took off down towards the city mall.
My mind couldn’t decide if my knuckles were turning white because they were gripping the side of the door for dear life because of Kiley’s driving or if I was turning pale all over because of nervousness.

---------

My palms began to sweat badly as Kiley and I stepped in the entrance into the mall. I felt my heartbeat quicken in my chest with every step closer we got to Sports Zone. Finally, there wasn’t any more walking to do and we were standing directly in front of Sports Zone. “Well, I have some clothes to get. Be back later.” Kiley said quickly as she pushed me from behind into the store and sped walked off down the mall. My mouth was ajar and gaping at the fact she had just left me here alone.

My legs started to walk forward after several debates as to whether I should follow Kiley or go inside. When I walked through the doorway my eyes immediately darted to the tall, dark haired mystery man behind the counter. My nerves immediately disappeared and my strong side came into play as I made my way over to the counter.

“Selling baseball bats requires you to ditch your dates, eh?” I asked with a sarcastic tone. Mycin’s eyes immediately met mine and he smiled wide, with his beautiful white teeth almost all showing.

“I’m so sorry, I’m glad you came and found me. Did you get my note?” He asked leaning onto the counter and coming to closer proximity with me.

“Yeah. Cliché don’t you think?” I asked smiling to let him know I was only joking.

“I tried to wake you, you were dead asleep.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine, when I’m sleeping it’s like trying to wake up a rock.” Mycin laughed deeply at what he had said and I smiled a half smile.

“No, I’m sorry for last night. I was drunk and I shouldn’t have come onto you like I did. We have history so I know you probably found it weird.”

“You know, I’m the one that needs to apologize. I shouldn’t have allowed the situation to get as far as it did.”

“Mycin. Please. It was fun while it lasted, right? Just have to forgive and forget.”

“That’s the thing. We need to talk about what happened last night.” Mycin’s voice suddenly turned from giggly to whispering and serious.

“What about, exactly?” My eyes opened in surprise at his serious tone.

“I don’t think we used protection last night Lina.” The sound of his voice saying ‘Lina’ brought back so many memories that it felt as though a shiver ran all the way down my spine.

“It’s fine, I’m sure the morning after pill will still work, and I’m not ovulating right now anyway. It’s not like anything is going to come of this.”

“I mean, I pulled out but I would definitely think about the morning after pill.”

“Yeah, I guess I should go and get that then.” I laughed with an unnoticeable nervous edge. I turned on my heel and began to head out of the store with a wave goodbye.

“Lina, wait.” Mycin stuttered grabbing hold of my arm gently.
My head turned back to face him and I waited for him to speak again, although the touch of his arm was withering away at all that had built up inside me since our break-up.

“Last night meant more to me than a one night stand and I want you to know that.” His eyes held truth and Mycin was much more sincere than he had ever let on before our relationship. That was one thing that had always surprised me about him, the way he originally came across as nothing but a normal guy but, seeing past the façade that he displayed for everyone else; there was an extremely sincere and caring side to him.

“Thank you.” My voice was quiet and choppy, whether it be from the shaking nerves or just pure thankfulness.

“Do you think you’d want to catch a movie, or dinner sometime?” Mycin asked suddenly breaking the tension in the room.
I smiled deeply and nodded before writing my number down on the back of one of the Sports Zone business cards lining the counter. We bid our goodbyes to each other before I left and continued my way down the mall towards the little pharmacy located at the other end.

It wasn’t until I was halfway down the mall walkway that everything that just happened sank in. No protection? Drunk? Those two things did not add up well, it wasn’t long before I was running towards the pharmacy to get the morning after pill.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so kind of short, sorry!! And it's been awhile since I last updated sorry for that too!

Please let me know what you think, it's always much appreciated and of course it always brings motivation and inspiration to write more.

Much love, Sarah