Status: New and Active!

My Perfect Mistake

Five

My curling iron dropped the last curl out of its barrel and I ran my hands through my hair as I looked my hair over in the bathroom mirror. Stepping out of my bathroom and into my bedroom my outfit was lying out on my bed in a perfect fashion. The clock read 7:55 and I knew that I needed to get dressed fast, Mycin was supposed to be here at 8. If he was anything like how I remembered he was extremely punctual.

There wasn’t a knock, Kiley walked right into my room while I was in the process of getting dressed. Honestly, I had become so accustomed to her walking in at rather awkward moments that it wasn’t even awkward anymore.

“Wear your black shirt, you look hot when you wear black.” Kiley sang as she fell onto my bed.

“I really thought this one would be better, are you sure about wearing black?”

“Wear black, I’m sure he won’t care either way. You guys have been texting non-stop for the past week.”

I took a sigh and changed my shirt before heading down the stairs. I had perfect timing, I saw his headlights enter my drive way as soon as I had made it to the front door. Quite literally I felt my heart skip a beat as I skipped out the door to his car. We embraced upon impact and I allowed him to open the passenger side door for me.

“You look great.” He said with a smile on his face as he watched the traffic.

“Thank you, you clean up nicely yourself.”

Every now and then I had to remind myself not to get too caught up in Mycin again. He cheated on me, why would I want to give him a second chance. This was just one date, I couldn’t make this into anything more than what it was, it was simply one date.
We entered the parking lot of a nice local restaurant and walked in to our reservations. We had some small talk and ordered our food like any normal couple would. When the waiter arrived with our food something about the way it smelled caused a wave of nausea to wash over me, I immediately tried to hide it in fear of ruining my date with Mycin.

“You okay?” He asked noticing I had stopped our conversation.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” I smiled and he continued on with his food. For some reason I began counting the days in my head, was I late? Why was I suddenly just thinking about this?

I was late. No, I couldn’t be. I had to be just counting wrong. I tried to push the thought into the back of my head as best I could and finished out the night.

Mycin took me back home after a goodnight kiss I dashed up the stairs and found Kiley sitting on my computer in my room.
“Kiley, I’m late on my period.”

“What?”

“Yeah.”

“Shit, Lina. Take a pregnancy test, now!”

“I don’t have one.”

“Then go get one.”

“Kiley, I can’t be pregnant, not now.” It was there, right there. I broke down and began to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, sorry!