Status: Updating

On Your Side.

It was a Saturday, remember it like yesterday.

Cara's POV-

It was only a two and a half hour drive from where I live in Michigan to where I'll be staying for the summer.

Spring-wood, Ohio. Possibly, the most boring city on the map.

My dad was shipping me off to my aunts, for the summer. He had big plans to backpack through Europe, without me. My mom insisted she couldn't have me this summer. Apparently, her new family couldn't make any room, for me. I fought with my dad, begging him to let me stay home alone, but he doesn't like the idea of his fifteen-year-old daughter alone, for two-ish months.

I lugged my bags from the backseat of my dad’s truck to my aunt’s porch. I set my bags down, and pressed my finger to the doorbell.

My aunt didn't take long to answer. She swung the door open, expecting me. "Cara," She shrieked. "My god, look how much you've grown." She forced me in to a hug, basically crushing all my bones.

"Hey, Aunt Sally." I choked out.

"Now, come in, come in." She said, finally letting me out of her grip.

I picked my bags up, and looked back at my dad, who was walking up the sidewalk.

I entered the small house, and dropped my bags by the door.

My dad and my aunt caught up, a bit, before he said he had to head out. "I'll see you soon, Cara." He said, and then hugged me.

I waved to him as he pulled out the driveway. Honking the horn as he rolled down the road.

I went back into the house. "So, what is there to do here?" I asked my aunt, as I plopped down on the couch.

"Well, there is a lot of fun stuff to do out in nature."

Is she serious?

"Libraries, and camps, too."

Yeah, she was serious.

"Oh." I mumbled.

"Don't worry, you'll have a great summer."

"I'm sure I'll find something to do." I stated, trying to stay optimistic.

"That's the sprit, Cara." My Aunt Sally cheered.

"I'm going to go get settled in to my room." I said, picking up my bags, and heading down the hall.

•••

I tucked all my clothes away in the dresser, and closet. I set up a few of my things from back home around the room. Also, I hung up a couple pictures and posters on the bright blue walls. Once everything was how I wanted it, I decided to go for a walk around town.

I let the screen door slam shut behind me, as I hopped off the porch. It was later in the day, so the sun wasn't too hot anymore. I paced along the sidewalk, passing houses, and little stores. This town was cute, not quiet what I was use to, but it was nice.

On my way back home, I noticed a brown haired boy walking on the opposite side of the street.

He was well, cute.

He had longish brown hair, and a plain white t-shirt on. I watched him as I continued to walk. Until, he looked over at me, I was caught. His eyes got big, as he smiled awkwardly. I smiled back, waving at him. He stopped walking, turned his head left and right, and then crossed the street. He was walking up to me now, tucking his hands in to his jeans pockets. "Hey." He said, nervously.

I stopped walking, and peered over at him. "Hi."

"Uh, my names Eric." He shrugged. "But some of my friends call me Halvo."

"Halvo?" I laughed.

"Yeah, it's because of my last name."

"Oh, well that's cool. I'm just Cara, no special nickname." I said, reaching my hand out to him.

He stared down at our hands, as he shook my hand. He let go of it, and said, "So do you live around here? I don't, and I'm kind of lost."

"I'm no help." I said. "I'm not from here, either. In fact I just got here today."

"Really? I did to. Where you from?"

"Michigan."

"That's not too far away. I'm from Arizona."

"Now that's far away." I exclaimed.

"Yeah, it is. And I had the pleasure of driving here. Longest car ride ever. I hate long car rides." He muttered, leaning back on his heels.

"Why? Road trips are fun."

He shrugged. "I don't know, maybe they will grow on me."

I nod. "Well, I need to get back to my aunts house. I hope you find your way back home."

He smiled to, it was a dorky kind of smile, pretty awkward, but cute. "Thanks, I do to. And I hope I see you around again, soon."

"Yeah," I nodded. "Me too."
♠ ♠ ♠
First time writing a Halvo fic! This one is for my best friend Cara. :)

This is going to be a short story, like 6/7 chapters.

Subscribe/comment? Please!

Thanks for reading :)