‹ Prequel: Talk Is Cheap
Status: read the prequel first, pleaseeeee

My One and Only

I love you more than songs can say

Wearing a thin fabric gown that barely covered her bum, Nicole laid flat on the patient’s table as she anxiously waited for Dr. Moore to appear. Harry sat in a chair next to her, casually reaching to grab her hand and give it a squeeze every few minutes. He did this more to calm himself than Nicole, but she didn’t mind, it was nice to know he was there and she didn’t have to go through this alone.

“Will we know the sex of the baby today?” he asked randomly, and Nicole turned her focus away from Harry tracing shapes in her palm to look at him.

“No, it takes a lot longer than two months to determine that.”

“It’s been almost three months,” Harry corrected her with a satisfied smirk. She rolled her eyes before pulling her hand out of Harry’s grasp and resting her hands on her small, yet visible, baby bump.

“It takes almost five months, genius.”

“Sorry I’m not as informed as you are about babies. I’m new to this, I got a late start, remember?”

“Stop being a prick.” Nicole insisted, and the pair fell silent. She watched Harry out of the corner of her eye; he seemed nervous. He kept raking his fingers through his curls and tapping his feet obnoxiously. Nicole wanted to laugh at him so badly, but she didn’t think he’d appreciate it much.

“We find out about the due date today.” Nicole said suddenly, and Harry’s eyes widened, he hadn’t even thought about that yet.

“Time is going to go by so fast. Think about it, this time next year we will have a kid-” Harry noticed Nicole’s surprised reaction as he said this and quickly added, “If you decide to keep it.”

“I know, I know, but oh my gosh, that’s so soon! And so—I can’t even fathom it right now.”

Harry nodded his head in agreement before releasing a heavy breath. Before either of them had time to say anything else, Dr. Moore entered the room with a large smile on her lips.

“Hi Nicole, so nice to finally meet you!” the tall, leggy, black-haired women crossed the room in two quick strides before reaching to shake Nicole’s hand, practically breaking every bone in the process. When she finally loosened her grip, Nicole had to massage her hand as Harry felt the wrath of Dr. Moore’s handshake. “And, are you the father?”

“Yeah, Harry Styles, nice to meet you.” She gave him an odd look, much like everyone did that lived in England, or Europe, or anywhere around the world that had access to the internet. Her eyes quickly darted between Harry and Nicole as she tried to figure out if Nicole was famous too, or if she was just thinking about the wrong Harry Styles.

“You as well, are you both ready to get started?”

Nicole nodded her head, and an even larger smile spread across the doctor’s face as she placed Nicole’s legs in the stirrups, ready to start her pap smear.

At first, Nicole was completely self-conscious about Harry being in the room, she hadn’t really thought things through, but really, there wasn’t anything for her to actually worry about. He’d gotten her pregnant, after all, so it was safe to say he’d seen every part of her body before.

Harry didn’t seem nearly affected by the awkwardness of it all. He listened to Dr. Moore like she was telling him the most interesting thing he’d ever heard. He sat perched on the front of his chair, nodding along to every piece of advice she offered, and near the end, she even let him get an up close view of Nicole’s vagina as she explained the birthing process. Eventually, Nicole became slightly annoyed. Her private parts were not supposed to be used as a model to demonstrate the female anatomy to her idiotic baby daddy who’d obviously spent all of health class laughing when the professor said ‘penis’ and ‘intercourse’ instead of actually listening to the lectures.

The appointment had eventually turned into a fan-girl session for Dr. Moore. She was constantly touching Harry’s arm and laughing at his disgusting vagina jokes. Nicole wasn’t sure if Dr. Moore was aware, but Harry had too much on his plate (including a baby, and a girlfriend) to be fraternizing with a gynecologist who’d recently discovered she was a cougar and picked a cheeky boy band member as her prey.

Nicole was quite thankful when the appointment finally came to an end. Dr. Moore wrapped things up by listening to the baby’s heartbeat and concluding everything sounded normal before going over the last bits of information in her office.

“To begin, it looks like you’re gaining a healthy amount of weight so far; you’ll only need to put on five to seven more kilos.” Nicole tried not to be upset by this news. Obviously, she’d noticed her weight gain, mainly in her breasts and bum, but she didn't like it much, and getting told she needed to gain five more kilos made her want to starve herself, but she knew that was a completely ridiculous idea.

“Also, it seems you’ll be having a new-years-baby! Your child should be due on January 11, 2013, how exciting.”

Both Harry and Nicole nodded their heads, Harry a little more enthusiastically than her. He suddenly reached to grab her hand before offering a smile and returning his attention back to Dr. Moore.

“So, I will plan on seeing you Nicole, and Harry if you’d care to join, in four weeks. Would you like to make your appointment now?”

Nicole turned to look at Harry, and like she expected, he seemed not at all interested in making the appointment right at that moment. She assumed he’d want to go home and check his schedule to make sure they picked a time when he would positively be able to come. After all, it wouldn’t be long before he would be returning to America, and the next appointment would be one of the last ones he’d be able to attend.

“Can I call you tomorrow and set up an appointment then?” Nicole asked, and Dr. Moore nodded her head.

“Yes that’s fine,” she replied before standing up from her chair. She reached to shake Nicole’s hand first, but she opted for an awkward high-five instead that resulted in more confusion on Dr. Moore’s part than anything else. Next, the doctor reached to pull Harry into a hug. He didn’t object, but ended up having to pat her on the back several times when their embrace lasted longer than he’d hoped.

While looking Harry directly in the eyes, Dr. Moore said, “Nice meeting you both; can’t wait to see you again, goodbye!”

Harry offered the older woman a wave before placing his hand on the small of Nicole’s back and rushing her out of the room. Nicole didn’t say a word as they walked out to the car park and to Harry’s car. Although she didn’t want to admit it, she was a bit irritated with Harry for completely taking over her appointment and flirting with her doctor. Dr. Moore wasn’t even the least bit attractive, so it all seemed a little unnecessary, but she knew Harry well enough to know he had a naturally flirty personality, but that didn’t keep her from being annoyed.

“I thought that went well,” Harry said as they pulled out into the road and started on their way back to his flat. Nicole shrugged her shoulders, not really in the mood to talk. Instead, she leaned over and pressed her cheek to the window as she watched the scenery pass by.

“What’s your problem?” he asked after several, long, quiet, tension filled minutes.

“Nothing,” she muttered, but he didn’t buy it. He always knew when she was lying; he didn’t need to see her eyes to known she’d blinked three times.

“Coley, don’t be like this-” he warned, but she shot him a sharp looking and he instantly clasped his mouth shut. Honestly, she was embarrassed to tell him why she was upset because it was so trivial, and if it hadn’t been for the pregnancy, she would have never been this emotional over something so stupid.

“It was nice of you to flirt with Dr. Moore with your pregnant ex-girlfriend in the room!”

At first, Harry was surprised by her words, but he quickly came to realize the pregnancy made Nicole a lot more emotional than usual, and this amused him a lot more than it should have. “I’m sorry.”

She could tell he was trying not to laugh, and that made her feel 100 times worse as her cheeks instantly flushed a deep shade of red. “It’s not funny!”

“I promise I don’t think it is, not really anyway, but it seems to me your jealous.”

“Jealous? Of Dr. Moore? Are you insane?”

“I think it’s pretty ridiculous too, especially when compared to you, the most beautiful girl in the world, and she’s merely a 7—8 at best.”

“Harry Edward Styles!”

This time he couldn’t keep from laughing. When she said his full name, he felt like he was being scolded by his mum, so he definitely couldn’t take her seriously. “I’m sorry, Cole. Really, I am. Let me cook you dinner as an apology.”

“Fine,” she muttered, trying to hide her satisfaction, before returning to looking out the window.

When the pair returned home, Harry immediately started to prepare dinner, deciding to make his specialty: tacos. If it was anyone else making them, Nicole would have been worried, but she trusted Harry to make her taco meat just the way she liked it—without taco seasoning.

She observed him quietly, leaning against a nearby counter as she sipped on a cup of tea. He moved so fluidly in the kitchen, which was always something she’d admired about him, and before no time he was setting the table for two, even taking the time to light a few candles to set the mood.

Without asking, Harry received the Ranch dressing and ketchup form the refrigerator before setting the condiments down on the kitchen table in front of Nicole’s plate. As she watched him, all she could think was, “This is why I love you,” and before realizing what’d she’d done, Harry turned immediately on his heel to look at her, his entire face a mixture of a thousand emotions.

She slapped her hand over mouth, only just then comprehending what she had done. She’d said she loved Harry out loud. There was no coming back from that. No rewind or erase button; what was done was done, and she couldn’t begin to figure out what to do next.

Their eyes locked, and for a couple minutes neither of them said a word. Finally, Harry took a step forward, and then after a moment of hesitation, he took several steps forward until he’d closed the space between them. He reached towards her before tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, and his green eyes never left hers for a second. She found it hard to breathe as his hot breath warmed her skin, and when he touched her, completely cupping her face in his hands, she felt like all the muscles in her legs had disintegrated and she would topple to the floor at any second.

“I love you too, Coley.”

When their lips met, Nicole’s stomach seemed to erupt with an endless amount of butterflies. She felt like every inch of her skin was on fire, but in a good, sexually pleasing way. His arms wrapped around her waist as he lifted her in the air, her legs immediately closing around his torso as her fingers knotted in his hair. Suddenly, he pulled away from her, and rested his forehead against hers.

“You really have gained weight.” He joked and she hit him hard upside the head. “Ow!”

“You deserved that.”

“I know, but kiss it and make it better?” he pouted childishly, and Nicole couldn't help but subdue to his wishes. She placed a kiss in his hair before giggling loudly, and he reacted by cutting her off with a hard kiss on the mouth. Slowly, he backed out of the kitchen and carried her to his bedroom so they could spend a much anticipated night together. For one night, they left their worries and insecurities behind and just enjoyed being together, and even though neither of them would admit it, this was what they’d been wanting for longer than they could remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
and they lived happily ever after....
haha, except not. :)
seriously, the biggest most dramatic part of the entire series hasn't even happened yet, and yall should know me better by now than to think I will let this love fest carry on for much longer...hahah :)

thanks to all of you lovely reader, i love you SO much! 5 more chapters after this! please comment and tell me what you think!!!