‹ Prequel: Talk Is Cheap
Status: read the prequel first, pleaseeeee

My One and Only

I don't mind, cause you're mine

As Nicole’s eyes fluttered open, she was met with a pair of green ones, causing a wide smile to spread across her lips. She’d grown accustomed to waking up next to Harry over the past two weeks, and had no intentions of putting an end to the newly formed habit. His lips brushed her nose before he climbed on top of her and kissed her properly on the mouth.

“Good morning love,” he whispered, his hot breath warming the soft skin below Nicole’s ear as his lips moved down her neck and to her collar bone. Harry began sucking gently along her skin, doing his best to touch every inch of her visible skin with his lips.

“’morning,” she mumbled, a bit too preoccupied by the euphoric feelings rushing through her body to form a complete sentence.

Her hands started to roam over his already naked bum as his fingers knotted with her hair. He brought his mouth to hers again, and she parted her lips in order to allow his tongue entrance. Their tongues moved together fluidly as he pushed his hips hard against hers, forcing a pleasurable moan to escape her lips. Harry shifted his body downward and his lips brushed against Nicole’s chest as he began massaging her breasts. He took each nipple in his mouth respectively, wrapping his tongue around them pleasurably, and biting softly to make sure they were hard before moving to her navel. He left a trail of kisses down her stomach until reaching the spot that craved him. She started to pull at his hair once his face disappeared between her thighs. He reached around her legs and began passively tracing shapes against her skin as her hips buckled from the amount of pleasure.

She was moaning quite frequently and audibly now, and both of them were quite aware that Louis could probably hear, but neither of them cared; they were lost in the moment.

Nicole reached to latch on to the sheets around her as she neared her climax. Harry smirked slightly as he continued his fluid motion, not wanting to ruin Nicole’s build up. He could tell he was doing a good job when he noticed Nicole’s toes curl in his peripheral—that was her give away. After a few final flicks of his tongue to send her orgasm over the edge, Harry lifted his head and slowly crept his away back up Nicole’s body before kissing her cheek and falling over onto the mattress beside her.

“Now, my turn-” he insisted, latching onto her hips. She placed a quick kiss on his lips, but shook her head in disagreement.

“I have class, babe.”

“But it’s summer,” he whined, not finding her excuse to be nearly good enough.

“Right, but if I want to take a year off when the baby comes-”

“Wait!” Harry practically screamed in Nicole’s face, grabbing her cheeks forcefully in order to stare her directly in the eyes. “If you’re taking a semester off does that mean-”

Nicole’s toothy smile was enough evidence to prove his assumptions were right. She was going to keep the baby, and they were going to be parents. Harry couldn’t believe what was happening.

Quickly, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a tight hug before placing several rushed, sloppy kisses on and around her mouth. She couldn’t stop from giggling at his excitement. She knew he’d be happy about her decision, but he was acting like a little kid on Christmas, which was actually quite adorable.

“I love you so much,” he insisted between kisses.

“I love you too, babe, but now you understand why I have to go to class, and on time!” she replied, pushing him away a bit in order for him to know she was being serious. He let out a heavy sigh before reluctantly releasing her so she could crawl out of bed.

“I have work today anyways.” He mumbled as he watched her walk, completely naked, towards the bathroom.

“See, this works out for everyone.”

Harry didn’t agree, but instead rolled out of bed as well before following after Nicole to the toilets. She’d slipped into one of his V-neck t-shirts and had already begun applying makeup. He wrapped his arms around her from behind before resting his head on her shoulder. They made eye-contact through the mirror before he spoke, “Tonight, you owe me for this morning.”

“Says who?”

“It’s only fair. An orgasm for an orgasm. And might I add, from the volume you were screaming my name; I’m expecting an amazing blow job from you.”

“Is that so?” Nicole asked with a raise of her eyebrows before turning on her heel. Her chest pressed against Harry’s before he raked his fingers through her hair and pressed his forehead against hers. “I think I can manage that.”

In one swift movement, he picked her up and sat her on the counter. She wrapped her legs around his waist, and he took a step forward, closing the small amount of distance between them.

“You’re beautiful, do you know that?”

Nicole’s gaze turned to the floor as her cheeks flushed. He instantly lifted her chin with his finger so he could peer into her olive eyes.

“I love you,” he said, his voice completely serious. Not that he wasn’t serious before, but right now, he wanted her to know he meant it with every fiber of her being. “And I love you, too.”

He bent his knees in order to kiss Nicole’s stomach, and for the first time in her life, she thought things couldn’t get much more perfect than this. Everything about the moment was flawless, and no one could take that away from her.

“You’re going to be the most wonderful dad.”

“You think?” he asked eagerly, and Nicole nodded her head in complete agreement.

“Today, while you’re listening to boring interview questions or recording a track for your new album, you should think of names for the baby.”

“Oh, I’ve already started. I bought a book last week. I think I have some really good ideas.”

“You shouldn’t have done that! It makes you attached, and how were you to know I’d decide to keep the baby?”

“Because, you’re you.” He said simply with a shrug of his shoulders. “If anyone I know is supposed to be a mum, it’s you, and you’d never be able to put your child up for adoption, it’s not in your character, and even if you went through with all the paper work and hassle of adoption and had the parents all lined up, the minute you set eyes on our baby you’d change your mind and have to keep it, because let’s face it, our baby is going to be the most gorgeous child alive for obvious reasons.”

Harry indicated between the both of them, causing Nicole to laugh. He was so right that it was impossible for her to understand how anyone could know her so well. She snaked her arms around him and rested her head against his chest for several minutes as she basked in the moment of one of the happiest times in her life. Sitting half-naked in the loo with the boy that’d gotten her knocked up was a lot less painless than she’d ever expected it to be. The fact that she quite enjoyed it made her smile wider.

*****


It was quite late when Nicole finally arrived back at the lads’ flat complex, and she expected Harry had already returned from work. She also hoped either him or Louis had made dinner because she was starving and figured the baby might claw its way out of her if she didn’t feed it soon. After tossing her rucksack over her shoulder, she locked her car and made her way through the car park. She muttered every profanity imaginable as she stomped up the three flights of stairs to the flat; the pregnancy had made even the smallest task unbearable. Walking had become a pain in the arse because her feet were swollen and didn’t fit in her shoes properly anymore, also her back ached constantly from the added weight, and her body temperature was always up and down; the second she put on a jumper from being too cold, she had a hot flash and felt like she was in a desert in Africa. All she wanted was to get home, eat a big meal, and have Harry massage her feet.

“Nicole?”

Her eyes fluttered close and she sucked back a sharp breath before turning on her heel. Niall was standing at the front door of his flat, a pile of groceries at his feet, and his key in the door knob. Despite the fact that it was possibly the last thing she wanted to do, Nicole started towards him, changing her route to get to Harry’s.

“Hiya Niall, get some shopping done after work?”

“No, no. I didn’t have work today. Just got some food for the week.” Nicole cocked an eyebrow and eyed the amount of food Niall had picked up from the store suspiciously.

“That won’t last you three days.”

He laughed loudly, his whole face lighting up as his cheeks flushed red. “I like having an excuse to go to Nandos.”

“You’re an 18-year-old multi-millionaire, you don’t need an excuse to eat out—you can do whatever you want.”

“That’s mostly true, yeah?” he said, not expecting a reply. Nicole let her rucksack slide from her shoulder and fall to the floor. She rested her hands on her hips and released a heavy sigh before blowing a few strands of hair out of her face. She smiled brightly up at Niall, happy to see and talk with him again. She’d missed him a lot more than she’d thought.

“You look really good. You look so—happy.” He said suddenly, and Nicole tried not to look taken-aback. She supposed she hadn’t really thought about it much, but he was completely right. She was happy, very happy actually for the first time in a really long time. Not that she hadn’t been happy with Niall, but things were just different now. Her life was completely different than it had been three months ago when she’d picked Niall over Harry.

“I’m at a really good place in my life,” she told him, and he tried to look pleased.

“I guess that has everything to do with Harry, huh?”

She shrugged her shoulders. Sure, Harry attributed to her happiness, but it wasn’t all about him. Nicole had never been the type to have one person or thing as the reason for any of her emotions. It was all aspects of her life they made her feel so content. “Not exactly. I’ve just got a lot of really good things going for me now. Not that my life wasn’t good before, but now I’m just doing what I want without worrying about what might happen.”

“Well, you deserve to be happy—more than anyone I know.”

Nicole smile, genuinely pleased that he felt that way. She felt the same way about him. Even though he’d done something quite awful to her, she still wanted him to be happy because Niall was a good person. And, she hadn’t been completely honest with him throughout their relationship either—she hadn’t been honest with herself about her feelings for Harry.

“I miss you, Nick. A lot.”

“I miss you too,” she said honestly, not feeling a bit of guilt. She did miss him a lot. Niall was one of the purest souls she had ever met. He was amazing, and it hurt her to know they weren’t and possibly would never be as close as they once were. “You were the only person to ever laugh at my jokes and I miss that. Also, you are probably the most easy-going, carefree person I’ve ever met and I miss having someone like that in my life.”

“It’s funny the things you miss about someone when you stop speaking and seeing them every day.”

“It really is. Like how you make rude jokes in Spanish so no one really knows what you’re talking about.” She said, beginning to laugh.

“Or how you snort when you laugh.”

Nicole quickly covered her face with her hands from embarrassment. “That’s an awful thing to miss!”

Niall took a step forward and closed the distance between them before peeling Nicole’s hands off her face. Despite her feigned annoyance, she was smiling widely, and her cheeks her bright red.

“I just miss being able to hang out with you. You’re a special person, Nick.”

“I miss that too.”

His blue eyes met hers, and despite her better judgment, she didn’t put a stop to the sudden butterflies that began to flutter about in her stomach. He reached to caress her face with his guitar-calloused hand, and her gaze found the floor as she tried to ignore the chill shooting up her spine from his touch. Eventually, she peered up at him through her eyelashes once noticing his hand wasn’t going to leave her cheek any time soon, and the second their eyes met, his lips crashed on hers and she didn’t remotely try to stop him.

Her hands found the back of his head as her fingers intertwined with his blonde hair. His arms wrapped around her waist as he held her tightly, wanting to never let go. Their lips moved together as one as their tongues became re-familiarized with each other’s taste.

But even though the moment was perfect, neither of them could deny the underlying feeling that seemed to coarse through their veins. Slowly, they pulled a part, both of them not truly wanting to let go, but understanding it was the right thing to do.

Their eyes challenged each other for a few minutes until finally Niall decided to break the silence, “Things are just different now, yeah?”

Nicole silently agreed with a slow head nod, not fully being able to believe it herself. She didn’t actually know what’d she’d expected to come of their kiss, but it hadn’t been this. Maybe, she was just afraid of letting go. Letting go of another person she cared about wasn’t necessarily something she enjoyed.

“I wish I could just turn back time.”

“That would be nice,” Nicole agreed, her thoughts focused on being more cautious when having sex than anything else.

“It wouldn’t have made much of a difference though.”

“Why do you say that?”

“You’re meant to be with Harry, Nicole. I know that, and I’m working on accepting it. It’s always going to be that way.”

“Perhaps you’re right.”

Niall offered her a sheepish grin before extending his arms to her again. He pulled her in for a final hug, and for the first time, both of them truly felt closure with one another.

“We’ve got to be proper mates now, though. I don’t want you disappearing from my life again!” Nicole feigned seriousness as she scolded him. He laughed and reached down to grab her rucksack before handing it over to her.

“Sounds brilliant to me.”

“I’m going to try and talk Harry and Louis into having another dinner at their house. I feel like I haven’t seen everyone in ages!”

“Just give me a ring!”

Nicole turned to continue her walk to Harry’s flat before looking over her shoulder and shouting, “Goodbye Niall, nice chatting with you. There are loads of new Obama videos on YouTube for the American election; we need to watch them sometime!”

“I would love nothing more.”

As she walked down the corridor, Nicole wondered whether or not she should have told Niall about the baby. It wasn’t necessarily his business anymore, but she figured he’d want to know. Her and Harry also hadn’t discussed the right way to go about telling people yet, and she figured that was a conversation the two of them needed to have very soon before anyone else found out she was pregnant. It wouldn’t be long before her baggy clothing didn’t hide her baby bump any more.

Much to her dismay, the flat didn’t smell like cooked food when she got back, and as she walked back to Harry’s bedroom, the growling in her stomach assured her they’d have to get take-away. She wasn’t going to be able to wait much longer for food.

Like she assumed, Harry had gotten back from work. She watched him from the doorway as he stood dripping wet with a towel around his lower half as he peered in his closet, trying to decide what to wear.

“Wear something decent. You’re taking me to dinner.” She announced, collapsing on the bed. He turned sharply to look at her, a smirk creeping across his lips.

“You’re wish is my command.”

Out the corner of her eye, she noticed Harry’s favorite suite resting over the side of the bed. Slowly, she perched herself up on her elbows as she eyed him suspiciously. “Why is your suit out?”

A flicker of panic swept across his face before he quickly contained his self. “I didn’t mean for you to see it. I need to get it dry-cleaned for this weekend.”

“This weekend? What’s going on this weekend?”

“It’s supposed to be a surprise!”

“Tell me what’s going on right now!” she demanded, not quite sure if she was serious or not. He took several strides across the room before plopping down next to her.

“I’m taking you to Paris.”

“Paris?”

“Yes, and we’re going to get dressed up and have a brilliant time.”

Nicole’s eyes grew with excitement before she jumped to her feet and danced around happily. “I need to get a new dress.”

“Fine, go shopping tomorrow if you wish.”

“I’ll ask Emily to join me.”

“Whatever you want Colely, but I should get dressed so we can go to dinner.”

As Harry started to stand up, Nicole pressed her hands against his chest and forced him back on the bed. With a devious look in her eyes, she sunk to her knees. “There’s just one thing we need to do first.”
♠ ♠ ♠
shit hits the fan next chaper, and after this there are only 3 more! and a possible epilogue! wahoooo!
Please please please give me your feedback! I love hearing what you think! and I'd love hearing your guy's assumptions on what might happen that's going to be OH SO dramatic...
Thanks for reading!!!!! :)

btw, I listened to Take Me Home... Over Again and Change My Mind are my two absolute favorite! along with little things.... WOOOOOP!