‹ Prequel: Talk Is Cheap
Status: read the prequel first, pleaseeeee

My One and Only

you need me, I don't need you

Nicole closed her eyes as the shower’s hot water dripped down her skin, warming her body, and washing the smell of sex down the drain. She’d spent yet another lovely night with Niall filled with sweet nothings and passionate sex. Not too long after they’d made things ‘official’ she’d had a talk with him about using profanities in bed. She told him the c-word was off limits. It was the only word she truly hated, and whenever he used it, she cringed. It was worse when they were having sex. She didn’t like being referred to in such a derogatory way—she wasn’t Sage. Sage used the word regularly in every day speech, even referring to herself as one some days when she did something really shitty like steal the change from a tip jar or something, but Nicole wasn’t like that. She was a lady, and deserved to be treated like one, and that included not being called the c-word when she was making love to her boyfriend that she was head over heels for. Niall didn’t seem to mind. He’d started referring to her as a ‘dirty little sex monkey’ instead. And for some odd reason, she liked it. It turned her on. Made her feel wild or something.

She paid no attention to the bathroom door opening and shutting, and it didn’t bother her a bit when Niall joined her in the shower, wrapping his arms around her naked body and pressing his lips to her neck. Nicole spun around quickly, smacking Niall in the face with her wet locks, before standing on her tip toes and kissing him hard on the mouth.

“ ‘morning, love.” he said when they pulled apart. She looped her arms around his neck as his member harden against her inner thigh.

“You’re up early.” She observed, knowing his routine quite well by now. On his off days, he never woke up earlier than noon.

“Meself and the lads have a photo shoot in an hour.”

Nicole nodded her head, easily understanding. She watched his eyes travel over her body, and started to wonder if he had any plans to make it to his photo shoot on time.

“Have your boobs gotten bigger?” Nicole’s olive eyes widened dramatically at his question. She hadn’t been paying much attention, but it was definitely a possibility that he was right. Everything was supposed to start getting bigger eventually, and she was pretty sure her breasts were supposed to start harvesting milk at some point. The mere thought of breast feeding made her sick to her stomach, but that wasn’t much of a surprise either. She always felt sick in the mornings; it was annoying.

“No!” she replied a little too loudly. He cocked an eyebrow, a tad bit unsure why she was so upset.

“I meant it as a compliment, babe.” He cupped her breasts in each hand, massaging them while rubbing his thumbs over her nipples. Before she had the chance to reply, his mouth was attached to hers and her fingers were knotting in his hair. He kissed her eagerly, forcing his tongue in her mouth before exploring every crevice. His hands drifted from her waist to her bum, and he gripped the flesh, grabbing it tightly before lifting her into the air, her legs instantly wrapping around his torso.

He stepped forward, pressing her back against the wall. He supported her easily as she started kissing his neck, her fingernails struggling to claw at his back because of the steadily pouring water. He slowly sat her back on the floor, and she struggled to find her footing, but Niall quickly steadied her before slipping a hand between her legs.

Nicole moaned loudly, throwing her head backwards and ignoring the pain as her skull collided with the wall. His fingers crept upwards, tracing shapes along her inner thighs, and inching slowly towards her opening, forcing a string of moans to escape her lips. He lightly caressed her, slipping a finger in only long enough to increase the growing need she had for him. Finally, she had enough, and wrapped her small fingers around his cock before slipping him inside her, not even giving his fingers a warning to move out of the way.

“You dirty little sex monkey,” he whispered, causing a smirk from Nicole. She tugged on his hair, forcing his lips to hers as he sent her over the edge.

Once they were finished, the pair helped dry each other off, Niall taking extra time to properly dry Nicole’s breasts more than any other part of her body. She scrutinized herself in the mirror, trying to decide if her once flat stomach looked a bit plump. It was still too early for significant weight gain from her pregnancy, so she blamed it on all the Chinese food for bloating her stomach.

Niall towel dried his hair because no matter how much he styled it, the band’s hair dresser would completely redo it once he arrived at the shoot. It was still pretty strange for him to have someone style his hair and dress him like a doll; but he didn’t mind it entirely, it suited his lazy ways.

“I better get dressed,” Niall said, pulling Nicole’s attention away from herself. She smiled and nodded her head before watching him leave the room and start down the corridor to his bedroom. She began searching the cabinets for a towel, deciding to give up on pinpointing every little detail wrong with her body. After twisting all the water out of her light brown hair, she wrapped the mossy-green towel around her body and started after Niall. She could hear people talking and assumed it was the tele, but as she approached the balcony overlooking the flat’s foyer, she noticed Niall standing nakedly against the railing, peering over the side and talking to someone. Nicole stopped dead in her tracks, but it was already too late.

The remaining members of One Direction were standing in the foyer, their gazes moving quickly to Nicole as she appeared overhead, completely naked besides the thin fabric of her towel. She looked at them with wide eyes, unable to move because of the utter embarrassment taking over her body. For a moment, no one said anything, but it wasn’t long before the lads were bursting with laughter, and Nicole could feel her cheeks flush a bright shade of red.

“Niall!” she shrieked, not sure what to do. “You didn’t tell me they were here!”

He shrugged his shoulders, not the least bit worried that he was standing there completely exposed, and it was quite obvious what the pair of them had been doing. The lads weren’t oblivious enough to believe they’d merely showered together to conserve water. “I’m just as surprised at you.”

“Sorry Nicole,” Liam said from downstairs, and she turned sharply to look at him. She tried to ignore the stares from the other lads, but especially Harry’s. She hadn’t seen or talked to him since the incident at the hospital. “We didn’t know you were here. We came to get Niall; we were supposed to be at a photo shoot ten minutes ago.”

“It’s fine,” she mumbled irritably, biting her bottom lip.

“We waited in the parking lot for 20 minutes!” Louis added, slinging an arm around Zayn’s shoulders. “Figured he was just late because of the early hour, but when Zayn finally stumbled downstairs 10 minutes ago, and Niall was still nowhere in sight, we assumed he forgot and wasn’t going to come!”

“But it seems Nialler was too busy coming to be on time.” Harry said, and him and Louis high-fived over Zayn. Nicole’s eyes darted to her curly-haired ex-boyfriend as the lads roared with laughter; she couldn’t believe he was joking about her shagging Niall. The topic used to make him sick, but now he was talking loosely about it like it didn’t affect him at all. But, maybe it didn’t. Maybe he moved on. Nicole wasn’t sure if she was happy or not about that possibility.

“I’m going to get dressed,” Nicole huffed, rediscovering the ability to walk and starting again towards Niall’s bedroom.

“Better do the same,” Niall said, earning a few laughs. She didn’t have to see him to know he’d winked or formed some sort of rude hand gesture.

She stormed around his room, searching for her clothes from the previous night. Everything was strewn across the room and it was like performing a scavenger hunt to find it all. Niall watched her stomp around while slipping into an old t-shirt and pair of joggers. She was fuming, and he felt guilty. He didn’t like seeing her upset.

“Please tell me you’re not mad.” He spoke, and she glared at him over her shoulder while fastening her bra.

“I’m not,” she replied, snatching her shirt off the floor and pulling it on. His blue eyes observed her, knowing quite well she was lying. He walked towards her, ignoring her attempts to swat his hands away as he pushed back strands of her hair before cupping her face.

“I’m sorry; I honestly didn’t know they were here. Please don’t be mad.”

She looked at him harshly, but her face eventually softened. Nicole wasn’t really mad at him anyway. She was mad at herself for letting Harry’s joke affect her, especially because it seemed he didn’t care about her at all anymore.

“I’m not,” she repeated, but this time she meant it. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead before taking a step back and resting his hands on her hips.

“I should get going,” he pointed towards the door with his thumb. “But I’ll call you after the shoot, yeah? We can go out to dinner?”

Nicole nodded her head in agreement, the idea sounded lovely to her. “Yes please. Can we get Chinese?”

He scrunched up his face and replied, “I s’ppose, but just know, I would never eat that ghastly stuff for anyone else.”

She smiled toothily. “Brilliant.”

He kissed her goodbye before heading out the door to join the lads. She listened as they left the flat before she finished putting her clothes on. She moved slowly, in no real hurry to get home. She decided against turning her phone back on, knowing she probably had over 100 texts and voicemails from Sage. If Sage knew who the father was, Nicole was the least bit interested in what she had to say. She wanted to find out on her own; she wanted to read the results for herself. So, she gradually made her way home by mid-afternoon, stopping to get wontons and run a few errands before reluctantly pulling up to her flat complex.

When she walked inside, her mate was sitting at the kitchen table, enjoying a bowl of cereal. Sage didn’t say a word as Nicole crossed the room and took the seat across from her. Nicole looked at the table, the envelope that basically decided her fate for the rest of her life was staring back at her, mocking her like it’d done all day yesterday.

“I didn’t open it,” Sage spoke, and Nicole looked up from the table, peering at her mate through her eyelashes. “I figured you’d tell me in your own time, but why didn’t you tell me you got the results yesterday?”

“I haven’t looked either,” she replied, reaching to grab the envelope before turning it over in her hands. “And I didn’t want to tell you until I read the results and processed everything.”

Sage nodded, understanding perfectly. She shoveled a mouth-full on fruit-loops into her mouth, but her grey eyes never left Nicole. “Do you want me to leave, so you can read it alone?”

“No,” she said quickly, deciding it didn’t matter if she read the results alone or not, the information would be the same either way. She was still going to be pregnant, and a member of One Direction was still going to be the father.

“You know, you don’t have to read them. Just be with Niall, raise the baby with Niall, no one has to know any different.”

“I can’t do that,” Nicole said, holding the envelope in front of her face as she tried to read through the paper. “I have the results; I have to know who the father is. If it’s Harry’s, he has the right to know, too.”

Sage shrugged her shoulders; not fully understanding her mate’s logic, but that was because she was a selfish person. She would always love herself more than anyone else, so it was hard for her to understand the part of Nicole that loved everyone else more than herself. “Would you like me to open it for you?”

“No,” Nicole whispered, taking a deep breath. It was now or never, she told herself before sliding her finger along the flap and opening the envelope. She shakily removed the results, her eyes growing wide as she read the father’s name. She instantly felt queasy, and dropped the letter on the table before rushing to the loo.

There were no more questions, no more assumptions; the answers were all right there on that piece of paper. She knew who the father was, and now, the thing worrying her was whether or not she was pleased with the results.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so... the father is... oh right you guys don't know! oh well, until next time. ;)

SOOOOOO the first person to correctly guess and comment the three One Direction songs I gained the most inspiration from for this story concept will be added to my story as a minor character for the rest of the story! and maybe, just maybe, you'll be a certain 1D member's girly friend. MAYBE.

so, get to commenting! also, the more comments I get will make me update faster, which means you get to see who the father is. Yes, I promise the great revealing will be in the next chapter!

That is all, thanks for reading! LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLL.