Status: New story! :)

Ink

01

I watched them.

They stood near each other, laughing loudly, mindless of the danger perched a few feet away. The alcohol they consumed tainted their blood. I could smell it, thick as a blanket. They laughed some more; saying their goodbyes and stumbling to the tents to sleep. All except two.

"Come on Dylan!" The girl said, pushing the tall male back. She grinned wildly and pulled him back again.

I cocked my head, intent on learning about these humans.

The male pulled her to him and bent to kiss her. She leaned into it, obviously appreciating the quiet swap of saliva. I didn't understand. But i tried. They continued, falling a bit from all the alcohol.

"Lets go." The Tall One cooed. He gave her another 'kiss'. I licked my lips, wondering how it would feel to be the female. To be kissed.

I was so lonely.

“Dylan.” I whispered his name for my ears alone to hear. It rolled across my tongue with a sweet taint, an addictive substance. I smiled, pushing myself up from the tree. I wiped the grit away and walked out of the shadows, my saunter screaming purpose.

The closer i walked the more heat radiated off me, i could feel it. The sweet sensation of the hunt. They didn't notice me until i was a within touching distance. Too easy.

"Hi." I grinned, showing layers of glistening sharp teeth. Their shock was instant. Before the female could scream my hand flew forward, an invisible knife cutting ribbons in her chest. She fell in a bundle, blood lapping at my bare toes.

I turned towards the male. He stood, a silent scream stuck in his through. I didn't understand, why didn't he scream? They all screamed. I reached for him as he fell backwards, trying to get away.

Then he screamed, the silence ripped apart by it. A flick of my finger and he was so still he could have been dead.

I fell to my knees, the blood soaking my jeans instantly, i pushed the female away effortlessly and slid closer to Dylan. Only his eyes moved, and they were terrified. I wafted through the fear, my hands reached to his face.

"What are you?" He asked, horrified. My wings slid effortlessly into view, and spread out. All 12 feet of them engulfed us darkness, a halo lining my blood splattered wings.

"Fae." I echoed. He cried out again, as i pulled his struggling form closer until my lips touched his.

I waited for the feeling of belonging to come. The happiness. I waited.

Nothing. Emptiness.

Sadness came back swifter like a slap in the face. Then anger. I swatted Dylan away like a bug allowing his still frame to tumble out of view. Flames erupted out of the ground, enveloping the clearing in a bright light. I was pissed off.

"WHY!" I yelled at no one. Screaming started, and i instantly i stopped it. Silence ensued, except for the popping of the pine trees as the flames burned through them.

Suddenly i heard a crying sound, and i glanced down to see a puppy. Its big floppy ears nearly covering its eyes. It limped closer to me, obviously hurt. The fire followed close behind it, until it reached me. It stopped, staring at me.

I had the power. Save or kill.

I didnt think when i picked it up, allowing my powers to heal the puppy. The flames now enveloped me, licking up to my knees. And yet i felt no pain. The puppy snuggled into my arms as i let wings trace the flames below.

Its so strange how clearly i lack the ability to have normal human feelings, and yet when i have a chance to save a puppy i do so without thought.

One kick and i was out of the clearing, and all i had to remember of the nights horror was the ash in my hair and the blood caked under my fingernails and up my legs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Umm im going to redo this chapter tomorrow a little i think. First time on this site in a while :) Comments? Thanks <3