Status: New story! :)

Ink

02

I was alone.

Darkness lapped at the horizon as i trudged across the deserted pier. My dog fang, followed, biting at my feet. I had on my normal attire, short white dress and no shoes. My sadistic nature came out in that way, appear innocent, even helpless. A wolf in a lambs body.

The ocean's salty wind played with my ebony hair, twisting it into intricate ribbons. But the water sang to a different tune. It crashed against the sides of the pier, making us sway back and forth. I stopped at the edge of the pier, searching the dark water. And then I let my energy surround me, and consume my thoughts.

I flicked my hand and a tree sprouted out of the ocean, water cascading off its huge limbs. Climbing higher in the sky, its great leafy branches folded into a house perched at the top. I guess i was sort of innocent in this way, still wanting to play in tree houses, and to be a kid. But we all knew i was anything but an innocent child. I whistled at Fang and then flapped my wings, pushing off from the deck.

I landed lightly on the limb high above and opened the door to my house for the night.

"Fang welcome to the new home!" I beamed, usually it didn't work out this perfect. Sometimes my magic wouldn't blend right and half the house would be hanging off or completely gone. I went to my hammock in the center of the room and sat down lightly. Fang leaped up beside me. His gargoyle wings framed his face as he barked at me.

I pet his head and then squinted, letting a huge t.v appear. I saw the humans watching this, and i was determined to like it too.

"In other news, a fire suddenly started in Hawthorn valley where it killed 4 teen-" I flicked through channels mentally before coming to one that showed another couple kissing. I didnt understand. Why did the humans need each other? It seemed so boring.

And yet they were happy.

Frustrated i made the t.v vanish and folded myself into into the hammock.

"Fang. We're going shopping."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I let myself blend into the teenagers for the first time. I didn't kill anyone, instead, i tried to be one with them. Fang, now without his gargoyle wings looked annoyed. His intelligence was fine tuned by yours truly and understood everything that was going on.

I beelined up to a group of 18? 19? year olds. There was something about them.. I couldn't place it. It was like i was drawn to them. They were by far the biggest humans here. They looked like killing machines compared to the other humans. Just my kind of people.

I stepped right up to them, and of course Fang leaps at the opportunity and bites the male thats closest to us. They were laughing at something, but stopped when the boy yelped. They stared awkwardly at me. I stared back.
"I'm Sky." I swept my hand forward to shake theirs. The taller boy with shaggy hair just blinked back at me. I willed them into submission.

"Hi Sky. This is Tyler, Sam, and I'm Brayden." A goofy smile splayed across his face as he pointed them all out, suddenly infatuated by my presence. I wonder why.... ha.

As the one on the left, Sam, took my hand i pulled him forward and gave him a hug. He nearly fell over me as i pulled him,
"Whoops i guess i don't know my own strength." Really though, i have to be super careful with them. They're fragile.

I stared them up and down, being picky. Tyler was tall and lanky. Sam had a nice face but he seemed like he wanted to be pushed around. Too easy. Brayden was cocky. He punched his other friend jokingly, confidence practically oosing from him.

"You." I pointed at him mid sentence to whatever fire crotch was saying.
"What's that, baby?" He asked coyly. I let my energy sooth the other two, and they lazily grinned back at me. Then a collar clamped around Brayden's neck, identical to the one Fang wore. He looked at me in shock as he tried to pry it off himself.

"That wont work." I stated and began walking away. I willed my energy to pull him after me. I heard his feet struggle to find holds as he was pulled away from his friends.
"SAM!" He yelled, reaching towards them. They just stared back at him, the grin still plastered to their faces. He swore under his breath, "Sam! Tell dad!! TELL DAD!" He began cussing more violently and people were starting to stare, so i willed them back to their business.

"What the hell!" He yelled at me, this time catching up and placing a hand on my shoulder. I brushed him off easily.
"We're going back to my place."
"The hell we are! Who are you!"
"Sky." I gave him a look like i was questioning his sanity.
"What are you?" Menace laced in his voice.
"Fae." I glanced back to see his face suddenly grow pale. Jeeze humans are so temperamental. He stopped talking. And i let him, enjoying the silence that ensued.

After i felt like the walk had calmed him down I wove a web around myself and fang; then Brayden. He looked like he was about to vomit. The blue light reflected from the webbing onto our faces, highlighting his cheekbones and lips.

His eyes flicked over at me, meeting mine. A second later he sprang, trying to pin me to the ground. I stared at him for a second, amused. The blue light swam above us, lighting us in our own little world. Fang was barking at Brayden, trying to bite him. He swatted him away and fang yelped. Okay, that was over quick. I struggled underneath him, reaching my way to his hands and flipped him over so i was on top. I actually struggled to find the upperhand. What the hell?

I stared down at him in wonder, malice boiling across his features.
"You cant beat me." I stated sadly. He tried pushing himself up and i slammed his arms back down again. "If you do that again i'll break your fingers." Then i leaned down into him.
"What the-" And i kissed him.

He broke away, raged. "We will kill you for this insult, Fae!" It sounded so personal. I pulled myself off him, picking up fang.
"We?"
"Are you stupid? Yes, we. When they find me, they'll have your head." I just snorted at him. Ignorant humans.

I put fang down again and let the blue untwist from around us, revealing a room with a huge balcony and a view of the sky. There was only one door leading to the master bathroom. Rich fabrics and furniture adorned the room. It was perfect.

Instantly Brayden was leaping over the sofa and slamming the glass doors to the balcony open.
"I wouldn't do that if were you!" I yelled too late. He stopped outside, his face scared and vulnerable. I joined him. The wind whipping my hair across my face as i looked down. All i could see was innocent looking white clouds surrounding us.

"I dont think your going to be found." I stated with a grin. I had won.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second part! Im loving writing this story!! Please comment so i know you like it too? Or suggestions <3 thanks :)