‹ Prequel: Tell Me This Then
Status: Finished :)

Unreadable

Concerned

I halt right in front of the building. It towers greatly over me and drives away my scariest nightmares, making all of them seem like a slive of heaven. It's not the building itself that scares me but what's inside of it.

"I was completely drunk that night. I had no idea what was going on through my head," I explained to her.

The doorknob clicks open and I smile, despite of the nerves creeping inside of me before. I smile because I know she's in here. Throwing my coat onto the top of a bookshelf, I carefully lift the heavy blanket.

She sighed and I wanted so bad to reach out and hold her hand. "What happened then? What was I doing?"

I smiled, glad that she was eager to know. "We'll see."

Her sweet face is relaxed, her eyelids lay down and I slip in beside her, draping an arm around her shoulders. She flinches at the sudden touch then I feel her heart beat slow down, the rhythm turning into her normal breathing pattern. Her contentment is nothing compared to my own happiness.

A look of sadness washed over her face, the similar expression she had whenever tears would begin streaming down. Not thinking, I placed my palm over her wrist and she immediately snatched it back. "I'm so sorry. I-I wasn't-"

"Zayn," she whispered. I looked up again surprised that she had said my name properly. "Please continue."

The first lights of the morning sun flows in from the open gap inbetween the two curtains and flash my eyes. I wake up feeling a light grin tug on my lips which soon disappears when I don't feel her presence. My fingers spread apart searching the mattress for her.

In a haste I sit up only to see her pressing up against the corner of the bedroom, her knees folded against your torso and arms protectively around herself. "Please don't hurt me," she whispers.

The fear in her eyes is unimaginable. It has a slight tint of awareness and concern in it, not for her but for someone else. Me. It's a look I've never seen on anyone but her.

"What's wrong love?"

"I love you Zayn. I love you so much," she says before scattering away.


Her sobs break me. I don't wish for anything else but to hold her in my arms once again. But I can't. She's afraid of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapters will be in his point of view. Such a sad start!