‹ Prequel: Tell Me This Then
Status: Finished :)

Unreadable

Demanding

"Bye love," I said choosing the words I use carefully. The last time I had called her babe, her expression frightened me - it was as if she thought I'd begin harassing her. 

Eloise gave me a small sincere smile before walking down the steps to join the other girls. Perrie placed an arm around her shoulder giving her a comforting grin, Eleanor was still struggling to get out of the car as her foot kept getting tangled with the seatbelt while Dani noticed my expression. 

She laughed lightly at me. "Hey don't worry Zayn, we'll get her back early. Stop worrying so much," she reassured. 

They headed down the front of the house following the small pathway heading towards the running vehicle. Eloise faced me one more time and her expression was the physical picture of my worries. "Bye I'll see you later." The latter part amused me as I didn't think she'd actually be glad to see me again. Though she had still yet to mention my name. 

But I had no right to question her as she had begun to grow comfortable around me. After almost two months of this unique case, her fear had slowly morphed into anxiety and timidness. My presence still made her whole body tense but at least she didn't flinch anytime I wiggled a finger. All I sensed from her lately was high nerves and she was still shying away from me. 

I felt a hand pat my upper back. "Come on then, Malik." I recognized the voice as Louis and I immediately obeyed, walking back into the house.

Finding the nearest comfort I slumped myself down on the sofa trying to avoid the gazes of the boys. Out of all the things I didn't want, confrontations was at the top of the list. All of this suffocated me but not up to the point where I wanted to give up, just strangle me enough so I'd be able to take the littlest breaths. I was afraid that I'd be suffocated too much that I'd want it to end. That was not something I'd want to confess to my friends. 

Liam decided to break the silence that I'd created the second I walked in. "So didn't you go see a psychiatrist a couple of days ago?"

The worry in his eyes were real and I began to doubt myself even more. "Yes but being the git that I am, I couldn't understand a word she said."

Laughter chorused from everyone in the room and Lou slapped me lightly on the back. "You're not a bloody git, Zayn," he teased. 

"Seriously," Liam said yet again, "what happened?"

"Something about being afraid, she wrote it down but I can't be bothered to get it."

This time it was Harry who spoke and I was shocked by the softness in his voice. "You can't run away from the truth Zayn. Why don't you just-just let her go?"

His question boiled beneath my skin and I forced the urge to punch his face right back down. I knew he meant well and it was probably the sensible way out of the situation but that didn't mean it was right. I couldn't let her go. Not when she had me from the start. 

A waitress set down the cup placing a small coaster underneath it then immediately walked away after giving a small smile. I returned her smile but my mind was definitely elsewhere, my thoughts were propped on the other side of the room.

The scent of fresh and hot coffee slithered up my nose, managing to distract me for a half a second. It was at the very right time though, as she had whipped her head around in my direction. I averted my eyes from her as I held the cup firmly in my hand. I took a small sip, sighing with content as the warm liquid trickled down my throat. Before I was able to take another, the same loud laugh echoed through the room. 

I took the chance and slowly lifted my eyes to catch the girl laughing. Even though she continued on with her hysterics, her gaze on me was intent. A smile broke across my pursed lips as I realized she wasn't breaking this stare competition anytime soon. 

Her index finger motioned for me to go to her table - filled with her friends. I lightly shook my head, a bit upset that I had turned down a fantastic invite. She repetitively mouthed the words "come on", persuading me to just go through with it.


"I am not leaving her," I cried. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the late update guys. I was gonna post this last night but something came up and I couldn't be bothered. Hope you enjoy this though. Btw, yes Perrie is in this but she isn't with Zayn. She's just friends with Eleanor and Danielle.