Status: On pause. Working on others stories

Red Velvet Feelings

You Know I've Got To Get Away

Alex stepped outside and instantly spotted Jack's figure by the end of the building. He casually walked over to him, Jack only sparing him a glance. No tears it seems.

That's good, Alex didn't know of he could take tears just yet.

So Instead, as Alex got closer frustration seemed to be evident on his face. Alex had reached the older, just sliding down next to him. Neither talked for a good few minutes. Alex trying to think of something to say, Jack having an internal war with himself and ignoring Alex's existence.

"You know what I don't understand?" Alex finally asked, gaining a questioning look from the other. "How someone couldn't like your hair." he said it so seriously, but Jack rolled his eyes as Alex went on. "I mean I'm serious! I don't know about you- but I fucking love it. It really brings out your personality. And I once read an article in college that in the first week of a person dying their hair they are more likely to get more numbers from people. Maybe Sean read the same article as me, because again, how could anyone dislike the skunk look? So it could be possible he's just jealous. I wouldn't worry if I were you. He'll come around, you're too adorable not too."

Maybe Alex shouldn't have said that, but Jack was starting to smile so the rambling went on. Whatever works right?

"I remember this time, at my record company, I was standing in on a meeting. And I hadn't realized what it was about until my boss brought out a box of hair dye. I was like seriously! Someone can't even have hair dying freedom? It sucked because I had actually known the artist and he was bummed, but he had to do it. The label is so fucking demanding. But what I really mean is don't worry about it. Plus I'm pretty sure Zack would agree with me that it looks fucking sexy. I-" Alex was finally cut off my a laughing Jack.

"Oh my God Lex, just shut up! Please."

Goddamn, there goes that nickname again, and cue butterflies. Jack laughed some more making Alex smile. It got quiet again, both boys just looking ahead before Jack finally spoke up.

"I didn't know you went to college."

"Yeah. For study of music. It wasn't a big name school or anything. Just this really small community college in my town."

Jack nodded, "That's cool. It's good you got some sort of degree. I wish I had."

Alex titled his head, "Why didn't you?"

"My parents, and Sean. At first I was really determined to go. Even with my parents saying there was no need, and Sean saying he would take care me I didn't need a degree; I really wanted to go. The only college around here is BU and it's fucking expensive! Then Zack's parents died and he needed so much help. Everything was against me going so I just didn't."

Alex didn't say anything, taking in the new information. Jack sacrificed so much for the people he cared about it was ridiculous. But it made Alex like him even more, which was also ridiculous. These feelings needed to stop growing.

"Alex, Thanks." Jack said suddenly, "You made me feel better."

The youngest smiled, trying not to blush. "Anytime. So on a happy scale of one to ten what are you?"

Jack pulled a thinking face, "Uh. I'd say.... A six."

"A six? You just said I made you feel better so how is that only a six!?"

Jack shrugged, "I was a two and you made me a six."

Alex suddenly hopped up, putting a hand out to Jack. "Well lets make it a ten."

Jack just looked at his hand unsurely. "I can't, I really should get back to work."

Alex shook his head and wriggled his hand. "Zack told me you didn't have to come back today." Lie, but Alex will just have to text Martin to tell Zack. He shouldn't mind too much. "Well?" He asked again, smiling down. Jack finally broke out in a grin and took Alex's hand.

"Why not. Let's see what you can do Gaskarth."

~*~

Jack had to admit that he's had a really good day- with Alex. Alex created Mission Make Jack Happy aka MMJH. It was incredibly dorky, but cute. And it proved to have worked, Although Alex didn't need to know that just yet.

As soon as they left the bakery, Alex brought them to Sonic. They ate there, taking milkshakes then going to the park and torturing birds with left over french fries. Jack swears Alex almost killed a bird with how he threw it at him. But Alex said they should be happy he was generous enough to give them food.

Jack's happy scale went up one; leaving him at a seven.

After that Alex dragged Jack into the mall, demanding that he buys Jack Pineapple Express on DVD. The younger claiming it's the greatest movie and everyone has to see it. Jack pointed out they could just rent it, but Alex still bought it. As they walked out of the store Alex was talking animated on how Jack is going to 'fucking love it,' when he suddenly plunged forward and effectively tripped over his own feet in the middle of the mall.

In front of everyone.
Jack pretty much died of laughter.
Happy scale: Eight.

Alex pouted, until Jack promised him he'd make it up to him and assured it wasn't even all that embarrassing. (even though it totally was and was fucking hilarious)

Then then went into the arcade. Alex winning Dance, Dance Revolution. But Jack won air hockey twice, so it was okay.

After that Alex complained that he had one once to see Hotel Transylvania with- making Jack go.
It was a kids movie, and proved to be epicly boring.

So they talked through it instead, finding each other much more interesting then the movie. They talked about basically everything and laughed more then anything. It was while Alex was talking about how he hated the smell of oranges that Jack realized something.

He had forgot about Sean. He had submerged himself into Alex so much he had forgotten about the petty argument he and his boyfriend had earlier that day.

It was nice. Usually after a fight Jack would sit there and wonder what the fuck he did. Or mull about how stupid he was to make Sean mad. This time though, Alex made him go out and forget about it. And this time, he realizes it wasn't his fucking fault. It wasn't Alex's either. Sean had tried to blame him too. Alex was a saint in all this. Pretty much perfect, so Jack wasn't going to let Sean blame him. He dyed his hair himself. So after the movies, Jack was at a pretty little nine.

Which brings us to current reality: Alex and Jack walking down the block to Jack's apartment.

"So I figured the kids would be really well behaved because they were always so good. But as soon as their parents left. Holy fuck, they turned evil."

Jack laughed, shaking his head. "Maybe they just didn't like you?"

"Nope, pretty sure they were just naturally evil. They even drew on my face!" Alex scoffed opening the apartment building as they reached it, letting Jack in first. Once they went up the stairs to Jack's floor, and door Jack smiled. Just genuinely smiled because fuck, this was a really good day. One he hadn't had in so long.

"Thanks Lex. I don't think you could even understand how much this day meant to me. I needed it." Alex grinned at him, getting butterflies for probably the hundredth time this day.

"No big deal. You deserved it. Just know you can talk to me. About anything. Or if you need a distraction I'm there man." Alex bumped Jack's side playfully and they laughed a little.

"So I've been dying to know all day. On a scale of one to ten, how happy are you?" Alex asked seriously, a hopeful and playful glint in his eyes.

Jack grinned, taking the chance for something he's kind of wanted all day. (Even though he shouldn't)

He took a step forward and wrapped his arms around the younger's waist, Alex instantly responding. He wrapped his own arms around Jack's lanky body as Jack placed his head on Alex's shoulder, and his breath hitting his neck with his words Jack mumbled, "definitely a ten now."
♠ ♠ ♠
OHMYGOSH GUYS! I JUST REALIZED DON'T PANIC COMES OUT LIKE SUPER SOON AND I'M DYING. can we all just have a huge dance party and eat pizza that day? Pwease? And also, will someone go see Hotel Transylvania with me?

Now- i love you all! Thanks for the comments and subscriptions and i'd really love it if you'd comment again. More comments = more jalex, so get on that!<3