Status: On pause. Working on others stories

Red Velvet Feelings

Kiss Me Like You Wanna Be Loved

"Here's to Alex! Our newest friend who we've all come to love. He's given us an excuse to drink so here's to him. Hoping he sticks it to his boss and fucki-"

"No. no." Jack interrupts, "We want him to sweet talk his boss and uh," Jack's face crumpled as he stumped himself on what else to say when Vinny yelled out, "And to do work my son. Now let's drink!" Everyone laughed, half cheering and taking drinks of their beers.

Alex sat on his own rented couch, heart swelling with an overwhelming feeling of happiness. He feels accepted, loved, and dare he say he feels at home among his new friends. In the short amount of time he's spent in Baltimore it successfully made him head over heals. Not just the city, but the people. He loves it. After Jack had told everyone he was leaving for a day they convinced him to let them have a party in his honor.

Jack stepped down from the stair the three stood on and joined Alex down on the couches. He plopped down next to him with a heart warming smile tipping the neck of his beer to clank it against Alex's. "Hey, would it be really selfish of me to steal you away from your own party?" he asked, looking at Alex through his thick eyelashes.

Alex looked around shaking head, "Considering this party is more about the drinks then me, I'd say it wouldn't quite matter."

"Oh zip it up. They love you. But let's go yeah?" Jack gave Alex a look before getting up and walking off. The younger took another drink, getting up and swiftly following him. They wordlessly grabbed their jackets, stepping out side. Alex paused on his cement step watching Jack as he continued walking. He must of noticed the lack of footsteps because he looked back.

"Come on Lexy." he called out and winked, not looking back anymore. Alex had to stand there for a minute to control his heartbeat before chasing after Jack, who was sauntering down the sidewalk. After he caught up he stayed a little ways back. Enough for them to be apart, but close enough for them to still have a conversation

"Where are we going? Alex asked as he pulled his sleeves over his hands.

"It's a secret. Shut up and take my hand, we're almost there." the other joked, Alex huffed childishly and Jack chuckled at him. He decided that was all he going to get and sped up walking right next Jack. And maybe Alex was just half drunk, searching for substance but the walk was full of side-ways glances, small smiles, playful pushing, and heavy blushing. Innocently, wordlessly, flirting.

They reached the corner of the second block and Jack paused, "And here we turn." The green street sign read Thames St. And Jack grinned at him, turning the corner. It was a busy little block, full of local businesses, homely restaurants and even an pet shop on the right, further down. The two walked, Jack spotting his destination, and Alex curiously looking. It was a brick building and a small open sign in the window door.

"I gotta go in here. I hope you didn't mind this." Jack said, looking down. Of course he always has doubt. It's who Jack is. Sure he can be playful and flirty and confident at times, but deep down he'll feel hardly worth anyone's time. It's a shame because he's more then that.

"I really didn't. I wanted to." The younger tried to reassure and Jack just nodded, opening the door for Alex.

"How may I help you?" They were greeted when they stepped inside. It was an office, and nicely decorated entrance and brown doors with plaques on each one.

"Yeah. Hi, I'm here for something called term papers. I think that's what it's called." Jack said stepping up to the middle-aged lady.

Her face slightly dropped, and her eyes lost that greeting sparkle. "Oh. Uh, yes of course. Name?"

"Barakat."

Her face got more serious but Jack didn't seem to notice any of the changes. Her eyes flickered to Alex who was staring at her skeptically. He could almost read her like a book and she sensed that. "It'll be one minute." She walked back out as soon as she disappeared into one of the rooms, and big white envelope in hand. "Here we are. Have a nice night."

Jack took it, smiling back at her. "Thank you. You too."

"I, uh. I wouldn't look in that if i was you." She called out when they reached the door. She was speaking to Jack but looked at Alex. Almost as if she was trying to help Jack for the sake of Alex's uneasiness towards her.

"I wasn't going too." Jack assured with a light laugh, "No worry. Have a great night." They left the place and Jack just look back at it strangely. "She was a bit odd." Alex agreed, laughing a little.

"Hey. I know we should head back like right away but I think we should go get ice cream."

Alex hummed and dug his hands into his front pant pockets. Jack was like a drug to Alex. He could spend forever with him and never get tired of it. The lunch breaks just weren't enough time for them to spend together. He liked this uninterrupted one on one time. So why would he turn down even more of it? "Actually ice cream sounds good. I'm pretty sure the guys won't mind. Is there one near here?"

Jack nodded and began to walk, "We'll hit South Broadway in the matter of minutes. There's a park between the two streets so we can get some ice cream and eat it at that park."

~*~

The two did as Jack had planned, now sitting on one of the park benches down to the cones of their ice cream.

"Have you ever wondered was your purpose in life was?" Jack asked suddenly. It was weird he was serious because they were just laughing a second ago.

"Not really. I focus on the moment."

Jack's eyebrows furrowed and he stretched his feet out. "Never?"

The younger nodded, ate the last bit of cone left and bringing his knees up, feet flat on the bench, turning towards Jack. "No. I believe your purpose changes. Like when you're a baby, your purpose is to bring kindness and joy to others. When you're a kid, you bring happiness and youth. When you're a teenager you give people a hard time, yet a sense of fun recklessness. And now as an adult, I believe it varies." he places his chin on his left knee, looking at Jack wide eyes.

Jack nodded slowly, "It makes sense. I couldn't follow that though. I feel lost without a purpose."

It's quiet for a moment and Alex nudges Jack's shoulder, "I think you should stop worrying about your purpose in life. You're more like a teenager anyway."

Jack pretended to be offended, pushing Alex who started laughing. Alex put his legs down, scooting closer to Jack and poking his cheek. "Jus' Kidding." he said softly, looking Jack in the eye and smiling at him. Jack couldn't help to smile back. His heartbeat quicken when he saw Alex's eyes flicker down to his lips. Before he could even understand what happening a soft pressure was being applied to Jack's lips. It gone as quick as it was there.

Alex backing up with widened eyes, "Holy shit. Jack I'm so sorry. I don't know. I just couldn't control myself. Fuck I ruined this. I-"

"Alex stop. Don't worry about it. I liked it actually."

Alex looked into Jack's brown eyes confused. "W-What?"

Jack smirked at him and just shrugged, "I think you should do it again."

Alex didn't believe this was real. He was half drunk at this point in his defense. He wasn't going to bring Sean up or make Jack find reason. He's wanted this.

"Are you sure Jack?" he tried once more.

Jack rolled his eyes, scooting closer. "Shut up and kiss me now."

Alex laughed, but did as he was told, pressing his lips to Jack's once again. Jack closed his own eyes, kissing back. Kissing Alex was more then he dreamed of. His stomach bubbled with butterflies, and the feeling of bliss overwhelmed him. The action lasted for a good while. Alex eventually broke away, grinning big. Jack laughed at him smiling just the same.

"The guys are probably wondering where we are." Alex said, getting himself up and putting a hand out towards Jack to help him up. Jack took his hand, letting go once he got up, and agreed.

As they walked back Alex basked in the liveliness of the city. Maybe the city just felt Alive when they were together but there was something. Something was there that Alex was undeniably falling in love with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anther update!? Whaat?

okay, i really like this. I had fun writing this.Can you guys catch all the references? For Baltimore is one of my favorite atl songs ever so i just had too. and obviously there's some six feet ones too. So yeah, I hope you guys like this. Comments motivate me so please pleaaase give me some feedback!!<3