Status: On pause. Working on others stories

Red Velvet Feelings

I'm Not Quite Certain Of Your Love

Over the next few days, they happen all the same for Alex.

He wakes up, eats breakfast and watches tv. He then takes a shower, and works extra long perfecting his hair. Then he picks an outfit that flatters his body. He drinks some coffee, checking up on work and emails from his friends, and calling his parents. Next, after grabbing a notebook and pen, he leaves his rented house and makes his way over to a warm bakery. And he tries his hardest to write until about 1:30, when Jack shows up for his lunch break. They have small conversations. It's then, does all his work go out the window and he becomes mesmerized with every word Jack says.

Only today happens to be a little different.

It's two' clock and the lanky boy has yet to show.

Alex felt seriously disappointed but he reasoned maybe Jack just didn't work today. And suddenly, it was as if someone could read his thoughts...

"Jack didn't come in today, Something happened with Sean and he needs to tend to that situation. His words not mine." A guy, a green-eyed  muscly blonde who had tattoos decorating his arms, said taking a seat across from Alex.

Alex smiled, trying to act nonchalant, "Oh, well good to know, thank you. But who exactly is Sean?"

The guy sighed, "His boyfriend. Trust me, I did not want him to go. But there was no reason not to let him miss a day. He works every single day, and is my best friend. I just couldn't say no."

Alex couldn't help but feel confused and curious. So much it probably showed on his face. "Why wouldn't you want him to go?"

"Sean Grabey is the duchebag of the year and in no way should he deserve to be dating Jack."

"But Jack told me he's good, and cares about him a lot."

The blonde shook his head disbelieving, "Well Jack has a different relationship made up in his head. One he wishes was the real one. Sean treats him like shit, and he just takes i- oh hey Ri." The guy said as a very happy 'I'm Rian Dawson,' sat down next to him.

"See you've met Zack." he said to Alex. Which made him remember he never really got an introduction.

"oh, yeah. Well never got your name."

Zack laughed. "Sorry about that. I already knew your name, so I just figured you knew mine. I'm Zack, owner of this lovely establishment."

Alex's eyes widened," Really!? Well it's a great place! You've done a good job on it."

Zack smiled at him widely, "Thank you, really."

Rian groaned, rolling his eyes playfully,"Had to fuel his big ego didn't you? So what were you guys talking about?"

"Sean." And Rian's face showed nothing other then disgust.

"That bad?," Alex asked.

"Let's just say I hate the guy. We only deal with him for Jack, otherwise we'd run him out of town." The tone he used assured Alex he wasn't joking.

"And it's not only us. We're really biased because of all he's done to Jack. But there's tons of people who feel the same and barely even know about Jack." Zack defended.

"Are guys talking about Sean?" A lean brunette was standing over their table, his face looking a bit angry.

"Not anymore. Martin, this is Alex." The angry look on his face faded and he smiled at Alex.

"The Alex?"

"You know, I'm still kind of wondering how you guys all know me and I have no idea who you all are." Alex laughed, but put a hand out to shake Martin's and he returned it politely.

"Well let's just say, Jack talks about you often."

"You know he'd kill you if he found out you said that." A voice came from behind Martin and he shifted a little. A small framed bottle blonde came into view.

"Oh shut it Grieco." Martin snapped.

The guy, Alex assumed to be named Grieco, awkwardly waved at him with a small smile before looking over at Rian.

"Has Jack told you about this song I have to write?" Alex questioned getting hums and yeses from all the guys. Okay then. "Are any of you in a relationship?"

Zack was the first to put a straight out no, but then things got tense. Rian was looking over at Grieco, who was looking at the floor. Martin trying not to glare at Zack. While Zack, blissfully unaware, just stared at Alex.

"No. I'm not either I guess." Rian stated rather loudly, obviously upset.

So that was not a good thing to ask.

"I'm so sorry. It's obviously a touchy subject. I didn't mean to make things all awkward." Alex tried, looking at Zack because he seemed the least upset.

"Don't worry abou-"

"Hey guys, there's someone here to pick up a cake." Rian was being abruptly cut off, everyone turning to see Jack, and a small lady behind him.

Zack pulled into a puppy dog pout, eyes pleading towards Martin. He gave a gruff, but walked over and announcing a sweet greeting towards the customer.

"We need to get back to work anyway people. Grieco, did you really leave Vinny to bake all by himself?" Zack questioned.

The guys groaned in disapproval and Grieco snorted, "His only job was to pre-heat the oven. I had the mix done."

The guys started walking away, saying quick byes to Alex. Jack was still standing by the door, just watching Alex. "Well look who it is." he joked.

For some odd reason, Jack was looking extra nice today.

As he walked over, his tighter then usual skinny jeans and fitted black leather jacket were definitely noted. Alex really couldn't point his finger on what it was, but whatever he did differently was working.

"Hey. Zack said you weren't coming in today." Alex said, he could faintly hear the other boy's breath sucking in.

"Yeah, that was the original plan. But I see you met the guys." he said, almost as if he was trying to poke around and find out information, but Alex ignored that and answered him.

"Yeah! I did. They're great." He really did form a liking to them. They all seemed so genuine, and it might just be the lack of a social-life Alex has been forced into moving here, but he wouldn't mind hanging around them.

Jack suddenly looked down, shifting on his feet. "They didn't mention anything about me, did they?"

"Nope. Zack just told me you wouldn't be in. Your all in the clear." Alex smiled over at Jack.

He was quick to smile back, standing up a little straighter. "I'm going to go in the back and talk to Zack for a second. But when I come back I want to hear about the love song progress."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks to Ninja132 and KobraKommander for their comments<3