Status: On pause. Working on others stories

Red Velvet Feelings

Then I Might Learn

"I have to warn you it's kind of messy. I didn't think anyone would be coming over, ever honestly." Alex warned as he made his way up his own rented home footpath.

"I really don't mind, you should see my room." Martin muttered.

Martin Johnson was a quiet one, but he had a lot of dark, sarcastic flair to him. Alex liked him. He was still really nice, and you could tell once you got through to him he would care for you unconditionally. Which brings us to the reason he's walking into Alex's house and seating himself on the couch.

"I know that you talk to all the guys quite often when your at the bakery. So I was just wondering, have you noticed anything different?"

Alex handed Martin a soda can, and sat on the sofa opposite from the one Martin was on. Different? "Not really sure what you mean? I haven't been here all that long so I can't compare much but no one's acted any differently since I met them." Alex said, turning the TV on.

He really had no idea what Martin was on about.

"Oh. Just wondering." he chuckled awkwardly.

And Alex shot him a I'm-not-that-stupid look. Something was obviously up, he's not that stupid. Plus, he's pretty sure the younger wouldn't follow Alex to his house just to ask him one question.

Martin looked down trying again, "Nothing with Rian?"

Alex shook his head.

"Nothing with Jack?" Alex raised an eyebrow at that one, and Martin sighed.

This time he spoke a lot quieter, "Nothing with Zack?"

Bingo. This whole thing was about Zack.

And suddenly Alex didn't know what to do. He couldn't exactly blurt out about the conversation he and Zack had a week ago. Alex promised he wouldn't tell, plus it was a serious thing. It wasn't just gossip. But that led into a reason why he should mention it. Zack was getting symptoms he had when he was depressed, that's a serious thing. And someone who cares about him is blatantly asking about his sanity. It's just that he hasn't been seeming too bad lately though, so it wouldn't be right to worry Martin over a subtle set back if it's over with.

Alex made a mental note to talk to Zack tomorrow, and shook his head. "Nothing with Zack. But I know he's what your worried about. I can talk to him if you want? Tomorrow. Just try to feel him out a little for ya."

Martin looked at him relieved, "Really? Please do. He's not talking to me and I'm just worried. And don't mention this to anyone, especially Zack."

Alex nodded, "Will do." He was going to talk to Zack tomorrow, and if things still weren't looking good he'd definitely mention it to Martin.

The dark haired man went to open his mouth, but his phone started ringing from his pocket. He reached for it, looking the name and answering the call. He rolled his eyes at Alex, and started talking.

"You Need?"

"At Alex's."

"No- the other Alex."

"Yes, your Alex." Alex tried to ignore that, he really did.

"Yeah, that's fine. I don't care, I was going to go to my parents but they aren't home."

Martin quickly asked Alex for his address, repeated it to the person on the line, then hung up.

"Jack's coming over." he announced proudly.

"What?" Alex choked out.

"Jack's coming. You don't mind, do you?" Martin asked suddenly. Like it even matters now.

He received a smile anyways, "No, not at all."

Martin nodded, "Good. Sean ditched him so he needs a ride home." This made Alex's smile drop, and Martin noticed.

"Yes Alex, he's that much of a prick. They went to a diner and he left him there." he stated in a bored tone.

"I didn't say anything." Alex defended.

"You didn't have too." It suddenly became quiet between the two. Alex was the first to break the ice five minutes later,

"Why doesn't he just break up with him?"

Martin scoffed, shaking his head. "I tell him this all the time. But Sean has him so convinced he's no good, that Jack is scared. He caters to Sean's every want and need because he's so scared to lose him. He thinks he'll be forever alone. And that wouldn't be the case at all."

Alex shook his head, playing with the remote. "I know. That isn't good for him."

Martin nodded, "You like him, don't ya?"

Alex kept his focus on the TV and his words low, "It wouldn't matter if I did."

He could hear Martin sighing, and Alex had a strange feeling of deja-vu. He and Rian having a similar conversation just three days ago, on Jack's couch. "Oh, I think it would. He needs to finally get rid that fucker. And for the first time, he seems interested in someone. I think you can change the disturbingly weird hold Sean has on him."

Alex just nodded not saying anything, because he honestly had nothing to say. He just felt weird about the reoccurring subject.

"Do you like Zack?"

It was blurted it out, and obviously not the smartest thing to do. But Alex was really just curious, even though he felt like he was in high school gossiping about relationships. Martin's glare told him he'd put a stop to that though.

"Too close for comfort Gaskarth."

Alex laughed, nodding. "I know, just though I'd try."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm loving the comments, keep them coming please:D I hope you guys aren't bored with it, some jalex action will start stirring up soon I promise!

Feedback is always appreciated<3