I Don't Love You

2/2

Frank walked into school the next day, planning on keeping the Way safe today. He took Gerard’s threats seriously, but he really hated seeing Mikey getting hurt. Today he was going to lose his “popularity” for the younger boy and he didn’t mind too much.

He bit his lip, walking to his “friends,” nervous as fuck. He had been wanting to stop hanging out with them for a while now, but he’s lacked the confidence to actually do it. Gerard’s threat might help him, though…

“Hey, Iero, ‘bout time you got here,” Mark said, grinning. “Fag Way’s already here, we’re gonna go show him what we can do, you in?”

Frank licked over his lips, shaking his head. “We should leave the poor kid alone,” He told Mark, through gritted teeth. He hated the word fag, especially since he was gay and it was offensive the way Mark said it.

Mark snorted and looked to his friends before looking back at Frank. “And why’s that?” He asked, wanting to hear the answer.

Frank raised an eyebrow. “Because he hasn’t done shit to you? Are you scared that cause he’s gay he’s gonna jump you, Mark? It’s doubtful you’re even his type, dumbass.”

Mark glared. “Excuse you?” He grabbed the front of Frank’s shirt. “Want to explain yourself?!” Mark took a moment before shaking his head. “Nevermind. Let’s go get Fag Way.” He let go of Frank and walked away, expecting to be followed - as he was.

Mikey was sitting on a bench outside, reading a book, in the sun. The sun wasn’t too harsh today, so he was enjoying it. At least, he would’ve been, if not for the crowd who blocked it out. He looked up at his bullies and flinched before they did anything - or could do anything.

“Didn’t you hear me, asshole? Leave him alone.” Frank walked in front of Mark, glaring.

Mikey furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Sure, Frank never hurt him, but he never stood up for him either. Before anyone knew it, Frank and Mark were going at each other, hitting wherever they could. “Stop,” Mikey yelled, his voice being raised further than it had been in a while. Mark’s “friends” left when the fight started, so it was only the three of them.

Mark wiped blood from his lip, glaring at Frank. Frank licked his lips, panting. Mikey could see that Mark was the one less injured and so could Mark. He laughed and walked away. Mikey got up and pulled Frank to the bench, carefully.

“Thank you,” Mikey muttered. He shook his head. “Let’s get you to the nurse.”

Frank shook his head. “I- I’m fine.”

Mikey scoffed. “Right.” He poked Frank’s ribs, not too hard, making the older wince. “Come on.” He helped Frank limp to the nurse’s office, making people look. “Don’t think I love you or anything, but I don’t hate you…”

Frank laughed. “I don’t hate you either.”

They smiled at each other and continued to the nurse’s office, planning to be friends, or maybe more.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end. *Bows*