Fall Like Raindrops

chapter two

five years later

16 year old Stella walked out onto the porch of her beach-side house, a towel wrapped around her waist and a cigarette hanging from her lips. Large windows and tall ceilings made her feel free. Too bad she really wasn't. An ankle monitor sat on her left ankle, keeping the skin there from being tanned.

Stealing a car wasn't really her best decision.

"Stells!"

Humming, she turned her head in the direction of her name. There came a tall and lanky black haired boy, smiling with his blue eyes.

"Hey, Andy. Did I wake you?"

"No, actually. Estrella did. Fuckin' maid, singing when she's supposed to be working."

That made both of them laugh. Stella turned her head back in the direction of the beach. Andy came up behind her and hugged her, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"When is the bracelet coming off?"

"Two weeks."

Andy murmured something, and released her, walking back into the house. Stella finished her cigarette and followed him in, humming a song she had heard from the beach a few nights ago. Andy was spending the last few weeks with her since her father was back in Cincinnati working on .... something. He wouldn't tell her, but he would be gone for close to a month. She assumed having a daughter who stole cars and rode with bad boys wasn't a good image for a mafia member.

Stella found Andy sitting on the couch, flicking through channels. Dropping beside him, she put her legs over his and smiled.

"Rub my feet?"

"Are they tired from sitting on your ass all day?"

Andy leered playfully. Squealing, Stella tossed a pillow at him. He had moved to Burbank only a year ago, and lived only 45 minutes away from Stella and her father. It was good; the first four years up here on her own was dreadful. She graduated from elementary school and moved into high school, where she got involved into the wrong crowd.

Frequently pushing drugs on the street, and using only sometimes, Stella became a household name within the 'badlands' of Burbank California. Andy was her saving grace. Without him, Stella was sure she would have sunk to the lowest of lows.

"Look, Stells. I've got to run. I've got practice in 30 minutes and I don't want to be late."

Andy gently pushed her feet off of his legs and stood, stretching. Stella pouted from her spot on te couch.

"Can't you just be a little late?"

"Nope."

"Andy!"

"What?"

Stella puckered her lips a little, her small yet infectious smile coming through. Andy grinned, and leaned down and lightly pecked her lips.

"Thanks babe."

"Bye!"
♠ ♠ ♠
so i know these chapters arent very long, i honestly need to create the back story for it first. bear with me, lovelies <3