Fall Like Raindrops

chapter three

one year later

"I'm moving after Christmas, Andy."

Stella's voice was flat. Emotionless; it was taking on the tone it needed to help her keep secrets and lies hidden. Her hands were shaking. Andy held her hands in his. He had sprouted up a little more, towering over the now 5'5" Stella. He looked devastated. They were supposed to graduate high school together, be each other's prom dates. Now .... now what? He tightened his hands over hers, bringing her in close for a hug. Stella stiffly walked into his arms, fighting the emotions she was battling inside.

"We can run away before you have to move, Stella."

"I can't, Andy."

Stella murmured into his chest. God, she wanted to. She would pick up and run with him where ever he wanted to go. She had the money to support them; hell, even if her Dad cancelled her credit cards she could pull out enough cash and disappear for the rest of her life with Andy.

"Why not?"

"Because my father will send the police after me."

"I can fight them."

"No."

Stella lifted her head, and found that the emotions she had been fighting were winning. Her eyes were misty and Andy's were too. He reached to her face and used his thumb to wipe a single trailing tear away. Andy's heart felt like it was shattering.

"I have to go, Andy.. My dad... I'm being... I'm meeting my future husband."

"...Oh."

The silence that was between them grew to an uncomfortable level. Stella pulled away and turned her back to him, biting the inside of her lip in hopes of controlling herself.

Stella Waters knew she would regret leaving Andrew Biersack behind. There was nothing more she could do, though. Her father worked for the mob, and when things got tough, they moved states to keep themselves safe. Andy was her only friend that didn't shun her because of who she was; the daughter to a wealthy man. Arriving to elementary school in a limo, looking pretty and as perfect as money spent could get, most of the Cincinnati school kids turned their noses up at her. Except for Andy.

Andy saw her for her.

"Stells..."

"I have to go, Andy. I have to pack."

"Stella..."

"Bye, Andrew."
♠ ♠ ♠
/sniffle.
sorry for not updating! real life and all that shit.
going away for two days! D: be patient with me <3