Plus Size

plus size

Kelsey dialled a number into her phone and pressed call, bringing it up to her ear and hoping someone would answer the phone and give her someone to talk to. It was the fifth time she had tried phoning someone within the last half hour, and it was safe to say she was slowing twigging onto the fact that they were just ignoring her altogether now.

At first it hadn't been that bad because one or two of them would pick up and have a conversation with her, and if she were lucky one of them might have even agreed to hanging out with her, but slowly as the months had gone on there had been more sorry, can't talk, maybe later comments and less of the friendly of course, let's go to town comments. Pretty soon both of those comments had stopped because the calls were just ignored or cancelled. No one picked up, no one attempted to phone her back, and no one wanted to be seen out in public with her any more.

She didn't get it, really she didn't, but she knew it was about what she wanted. It was one thing they would not stand by her for. If she had wanted an abortion, they would have been there to hold her hand through it. If she had gotten in trouble with the police, they would have bailed her out straight away. If she had decided to go out with a woman, they would have been fine with it, the guys just wanting to see them both kiss at least once. She knew what they were like with lesbians. But the fact that she wanted to become a plus size model didn't sit well with them.

The model part was completely fine with her friends, after all who wouldn't want a friend that was a model? It was the part where she would be plus sized that was the problem. She was skinny and healthy and managed to fit into size six clothing. That was something they all liked about her, but now she wanted to healthy gain weight so that she had very defined curves and reached double figured clothing was not something they liked about her, or even wanted to tolerate.

All in all, Kelsey's want to be something had cost her any and all friendships she'd had with the people she had known for her whole school career and the years she had been out of it.

She stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom, stripped down to her underwear. Her phone lay discarded on the floor after she had gotten nowhere with her call. She didn't care any more because she had reached her desired weight. No longer was she six stone ten pounds and a slim size six, no, now she was a busty fifteen stone and a size eighteen. Her thighs now touched when she stood up and her bra size had increased from a B up to a Double D which Kelsey found herself enjoying. She had always been small chested and it wasn't something that she had enjoyed all throughout her teenage years. It didn't get better when she became an adult, either, so now that she actually had something to show, she was going to enjoy it.

Of course she was going to enjoy her weight because she was also healthy and had done everything healthily to help her gain weight. She hadn't just sat around and eaten unhealthy foods that'd had large amounts of calories in, instead she had exercised and ate healthy foods that were nicely packed with calories. She was physically fit despite being a size eighteen, something that many people believed didn't exist. It's what her old friends thought as well. They thought that just because she wanted to become plus sized, it meant that she was going to become unhealthy and flabby as fuck, but that wasn't the case. She wasn't flabby; she was big. She weighed more but was still dedicated to being healthy. It just meant that she wasn't skinny, something that many didn't think people could be. They believed that the only way someone could be healthy was to be skinny, and that wasn't the case. Being big didn't always mean being unhealthy, much like being skinny didn't always mean being healthy.

A few weeks after she had reached her target weight, she had her first modelling shoot. She'd been asked whether she would be comfortable doing an underwear shoot and she had accepted. It was one thing she didn't think she would have ever done, but she didn't regret it, not even after seeing the pictures. In fact, she found herself admiring just how nice she thought she looked.

She was allowed to take a copy of the good pictures and she made copies herself and sent some off to her mum, anxiously waiting for her reply. It was one thing to have a mother who was okay with the idea of her daughter being a plus sized model, but it was a completely different thing for said mother to actually see her once skinny daughter be bigger than a size eight.

She received the reply a few days later. Kelsey had been sat watching the television when her house phone rang and she answered it after seeing as that it was her mother.

"Hey mum," she greeted as she turned down the volume on the telly.

"Kelsey, these pictures … you look amazing," she told her daughter truthfully.

"Really? You don't think I went a bit too big?"

Her mother shook her head despite being on the phone. "No, never. It was strange, I'll admit, after seeing you for all those years having your ribs able to be counted and that never touching gap between your thighs to now seeing you where you actually have meat on your bones and not afraid to show it."

"I have boobs now," Kelsey boasted which made her mother laugh.

"How big are you now? A D?"

"Double D."

Her mother chuckled. "You're now bigger than your sister."

Kelsey laughed. "I know! That was one of the reasons why I said yes to the underwear shoot, because I was finally bigger than Jen and it feels good," she said.

They both shared some memories for a while before her mother bided her goodbye, but not before giving her one final bit of advice.

"Remember, you saw peoples' true colours when you decided to follow your dream but that didn't stop you from pursuing it. I want you to promise that you'll never back down just because someone doesn't like it," her mother said.

"I promise," she replied before hanging up. And it was one promise that she kept throughout the rest of her life.