Messy Buns & Ponytails

I'm Back Bitches

I promised myself a couple of things at the end of last summer. I promised myself that I would try my hardest to get into college. I promised myself that I would go to every social event at school. I promised myself that I would never go back to Ocean City.

Let’s see how many of those promises I kept. I totally forgot to take my SAT’s so I am going to community college which meant I didn’t give a shit about my academics. The only social event I went to was Prom and then ditched to go to my friends anti-prom party, which was way more fun. Last but not least my dad is going away for the summer and he is letting me and seven other of my friends stay at his place for a summer of fun. So as you can tell I am very talented at breaking promises.

Anyways I am finally out of High School and get the chance to do whatever the hell I want. My first act of responsibility is some-what house sitting for my dad. I was taking my first step into adulthood. Oh my god I sound like in a stupid cheesy TV show like Gilmore Girls. That show was beyond cheesy and horrible.

I have decided to bring six close friends with me and one of my friend’s girlfriend because I am that nice. Of course Steven and Jessica will be coming with me. Also joining me is Jack, Frankie, Chad, Mikey and his girlfriend Tanya. Now I don’t really like Tanya, but some of the shit she says or does is hilarious. She’s one of those people that don’t mean to be funny, which means that she is basically stupid. Mikey is only with her because along with being stupid she is easy.

We arrive to at my dad’s house and all my friends stand there in awe. I don’t think they expected the house to be this big. I laugh before walking by them and opening up the door. It looked exactly the same as it did last summer except nobody was there. “I feel like I am in the white house except a tiny version of the white house.” Tanya says and we all look over at her. She ignores us and starts to walk up stairs.

Once everyone found a room we started to unpack, well we basically threw are stuff in our rooms and then got ready to go to the beach. It was an extremely hot day and it was a long car ride, so it was a perfect day for the beach.

We walked down to the beach and set our stuff up. The guys go running into the water as us girls decide to get a tan. Suddenly something was blocking the sun and I was upset, so I turned to yell at this bitch, but it turn out to be Nora and Chris. I smiled and shot up out of my chair to give them hugs.

“Oh my god it’s been like a whole year. I’ve missed both of you and I am happy to see that you two are still together.” I said proud that I hooked them up together.

“Yeah I know, but I was surprised to hear you were back in town especially with all that drama that happened last year.” Nora said and I just shrugged.

“How did you hear I was back in town?” I asked since I literally arrived like an hour ago.

“I overheard Mackenzie complaining about you and how you were going to ruin her summer again.” Nora said with enthusiasm. It made me smile because of how much more fun it will be with Jessica by my side.

“Well, I guess I am…” Jessica rested her arm on my shoulder and made me lose my train of thought.

“Nora, right?” Jessica asked and Nora nodded, “I am her best friend and her only friend that is a girl that she likes, so you better beat it or I will beat you up.” Jessica tried to sound threatening because ever since I told her about Nora she has disliked her.

“Don’t listen to her she can’t through a punch if her life depended on it. This one time she was going to start this fight with this one girl, so Jessica punched her arm and the girl didn’t react at all and she ran away like a baby.” I said and Jessica gave me her ‘I’m going to kill you’ look.

“That was so long ago then.” She said to me then faces Nora to say, “Now I am a black belt in karate.” I burst out laughing.

“That was like two weeks ago and she may own a lot of black belts, but none of them are karate belts.” Jessica squinted her eyes at me and then looked beyond Nora and Chris towards the lifeguard tower.

“So either of you groupies knows who the sexy lifeguard is?” She asked and after we got over the fact that she called Nora and Chris groupies we looked at the life guard who was leaning against the lifeguard tower thingy. When the lifeguard took off his sunglasses I knew who it was. It was Luke.

“That is Luke.” I said still in shock.

We all stood there in an awkward silence for a while because no one really knew what to say at that moment. All I was thinking was that Luke must have completely changed since the Luke I knew last year would have never wanted to be a lifeguard. Jessica knew exactly what to say to break the awkward silence and put a smile on my face at the same time. “I know you had a thing with him, but I think I am going to go in the ocean and pretend to drown, so he can save me and I can feel those sexy abs of his.”

I didn’t care what she did and if she wanted to flirt with him or go out with him I didn’t mind. He was last year’s news and I don’t want him to ruin my summer, so I think it would be best if Jessica did scare him off for me. As I watched Luke running into the ocean to help Jessica who was “drowning” I laughed and just thought that being around my friends from back home will make this summer ten times better than last year especially since there won’t be any dramatic lovey-dovey shit since I had Steven. Honestly I didn’t think I would be, but I am excited for summer this year!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the first chapter is kind of lame but I promise you it will get better!
So enjoy and feel free to comment and subscribe