Messy Buns & Ponytails

Long Time No See

I woke up in the morning to a kiss from Steven. Trust me that is the best way and nicest way I have ever been waken up before. I know I am not the lovey dovey kind of person but sometimes I can be a hopeless romantic. I mean I am still a girl right? Anyways this kiss became more passionate by the second, but I don’t really want to get into details. Let’s just say we used protection, so I won’t have to be one of those teen moms.

After a lovely beginning to my day I went down stairs and my good mood immediately changed when I saw the mess in the kitchen. I looked at Jessica who was making pancakes I think and she turned towards me and there was pancake batter all over her face. “How is this even possible?” I asked her. Jessica just shrugged and continued cooking her pancakes.

“It’s Jessica what do you expect.” Steven came up from behind me and then went to grabbed one of Jessica’s pancakes that were already made. He took a bite from it and then spit out. “You realize you have to actually cook these.” I laughed and Steven’s statement.

“Well I like them doughy, so they are perfection to me.” Jessica said grabbing one and taking a bit. I could tell she was forcing it down and she didn’t like it at all either. “It’s so weird my mom always told me I made the best pancakes.” She pouted.

“That’s what mom’s do they lie to you because they don’t want to hurt you.” I stated and Steven nodded his head.

Jessica was one of those people who didn’t let the truth hurt her. She would usually make a joke out of it. Even if it was a rumor around school she would still act as if it was true not giving a crap about what others thought of her. Like sophomore year someone spread a rumor about her having anger management classes and boy did she have fun with that one. As long as she and her close friends knew the truth she was glad to act on the rumor. I believe she actually needed anger management after her performance she put on for a week or two, but soon the rumor faded and a new one started.

I guess that’s why I like Jessica so much because she didn’t care about what others had to say. She just cared of what we thought of her. That is why she is different than all the other really annoying bitches I have met. “Since making breakfast for my greatest friend ever didn’t work out let’s go to that diner place that you hung out all last summer. I want to see if their food really is as good as you say.” Jessica said with a smile.

“Oh yeah me too.” Steven said and Jessica shook her head.

“No I do not want to be the third wheel so you can with her to dinner while I spend some alone time with my bff. Plus aren’t you two sick of each other yet.” Jessica stated and we just laughed.

We arrived at Hal’s Beach Shack and Jessica smiled in joy. She loves to eat at cute little diners, but then I read the sign and they were having a breakfast buffet and I now know that was what she was smiling at. I smiled too because they have never had a buffet here before and I loved their hash browns, so I can get as much as I want!

After Jessica and I filled our plates with as much food as possible we sat down at a booth and began to pig out. I took a little break and looked up at Jessica who was staring at someone else. I thought she was just people watching, but then I realized she had her analyzing face on, so she must think a guy is cute. I was right because Jessica got up to sit with the two guys. Then she waved me over to join. “This is the girl you were staring at. Now does a girl this pretty look like she is single?” Jessica was acting all serious and I tried so hard not to laugh.

“Well a girl as pretty as you is single, so you never know.” The guy to Jessica’s left said and Jessica couldn’t help, but smile to that.

“You have a good point.” She said twirling her hair to be all flirty.

“Don’t do that it makes you look like a bimbo.” Jessica’s smile went away and quickly stopped twirling her hair.

“Thanks for waiting for me guys.” I looked up to see who said that and it was Wes. I shot up from my seat and gave him a hug. “Kris, how are you?” I am glad he remembered me and didn’t think I was a creepy girl hugging him because that would have been extremely embarrassing.

“I am awesome how are you?” I don’t know why I was over excited to see him, but I guess it was because he was probably the only guy friend I really made last summer that I didn’t have drama with.

“Just working in construction and my buddies ditch me to hit on some girls apparently.” I laughed and he pulled up a chair to sit at the head of the table. He moved on from his little surf shack which actually is kind of shocking to me because it seemed like he really enjoyed working there.

I pictured Wes with his shirt off and in his hard hat hammering a nail into something. It was a nice picture, but something I am not really going to bring up to Steven or anyone else. I don’t even know why I was picturing it, but I am thinking it’s because I am a girl and that what we do. Just like I am pretty sure guys picture girls in swimsuits or naked to distract them. “So you and Luke are dating again?” Wes asked and hearing Luke’s name made me come back to reality.

“You’re really funny, but no I am dating the greatest guy ever and his name is Steven. You should come over and meet him and the rest of the guys.” I suggested with a smile.

“I would love to, but I have to get back to work.” I hated that people my age now work it’s no fun, but I guess I should probably get a summer job because even though my dad left me a shit load of money I wanted the working experience.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long wait, but just warning you during the holiday season i will probably be really busy, so you may not get another chapter until after Christmas.