Messy Buns & Ponytails

I Hate Mornings

I was wearing a white dress where it was short in the front, but long in the back and my hair was done with a rose clipped to the side of my head. I was walking on the beach while panicking and I was yelling for help, but no one could hear me. It was like I was invisible or a ghost. I finally reached Steven, but he was with another girl. Tears started to run down my face and… the doorbell went off.

My eyes shot open and it was just a dream, a very weird dream, but I have those often. I ignored the doorbell and tried to fall back asleep, but they just had to keep ringing the stupid doorbell. I get up, look in the mirror and notice that I looked scary, but since I don’t care I didn’t do anything about it. I went down stairs, opened the door and there was Lucas the one person I really did not want to see this early in the morning. “You know I don’t like to be woken up before 10.” I said in a grouchy tone.

“It is 9:58.” He said like I sounded crazy or stupid.

“Yeah, so next time come two minutes later and we won’t have a problem.” I smiled and began to shut the door on him, but he stopped it with his foot. “What do you want?” I whined.

“I want to talk to you about Mackenzie.” He invited himself in and because I was too tired to complain I just decided to listen to what he had to say. “I also want to talk about us.” I gave him the evil eye because we were ancient history and I didn’t want to start digging up our fossils.

“We could have so done this later in the day and Mackenzie and us aren’t my favorite topics to talk about right now.” I whined once again.

“I heard that you and Mackenzie are sort of friends right now and I don’t want you to hurt her because we know you are very capable of hurting people and destroying their…” I was awake now and decided to cut him short because what he just said pissed me off.

“Well let’s see your mom is a psycho who tore my family apart and let’s see oh that’s right you hurt me and just because I didn’t take you back you’re going to be a crybaby about. That’s all your fault.” I admit I blew up, but some on can you really blame me.

I am good at hurting people? Who the hell does he know that I hurt? Besides himself, but technically I didn’t really hurt him he hurt me I just decided to do something about it. I honestly don’t know what is preventing me form picking up the butter knife that is on the table and stabbing him with it.

“You know that I don’t like to be woken up any earlier than eleven and it is ten o’clock, so you two better sleep with one eye open tonight. Oh, hi Luke!” Jessica said rubbing her eyes as she walked down the stairs.

“Wow, you too really are alike. Hi Jessica, well I have to go. Bye.” Luke practically bolted out of the house. Thank you so much Jessica because it got rid of him a lot simpler then I was going to. I was either going to stab him with the butter knife until he left or get the guys to beat him up. People say violence is never the answer, but it usually is.

“So why was that loser here?” That was a good question. I should have really tried harder to get rid of him, but he knew that my weakness is mornings.

“He wanted to talk about something.” I said as if it was no big deal at all.

“Well it must have been something that pissed you off because I never seen you so angry before actually I don’t think I have ever seen you anger. Is there something wrong with you?” Jessica looked me in the eyes to make sure nothing was wrong with me I am assuming.

“Wow you two are up pretty early.” Steven said as he walked down the stairs and when he reached me he gave me a peck on the lips.

“Yeah I know, but I kept hearing groans and so I decided to check out what was going on downstairs. And you know what I saw? Kris was having sex with her ex Luke.” Jessica said and I slapped her hard on the arm. Steven began to laugh because he already knew she was joking.

“As you know that was a little fib because we didn’t go any further than making out.” I decided to go along with the joke anyways.

“Ha-ha very funny.” Steven said before kissing me on the forehead and leaving to go to the bathroom.

Everybody was awake by the time it was eleven and we all decided to learn how to windsurf. I already sort of knew how because of the lessons from Wes last summer, but it was fun and I wanted to do it with my friends. When we arrived at the surf shack there was Wes still working there. I guess Wes had two jobs now. When he saw me he smiled and ran up to hug me. Jessica glared at him until he decided to hug her too. Then I introduced everybody to him. After that the fun began.

It’s been awhile since I have laughed so hard. Every time someone fell I couldn’t help, but laugh. Every time Jessica stepped on to the board and then jumped right off because she was scared, made me laugh too. Then when she asked Wes to ride with her I knew she was pretending to be scared. I admit I was kind of nervous coming back here this summer, but we would have never done this kind of stuff back home.

After a long day of windsurfing we all decided to go to Hal’s so the rest of my friends could try their amazing food and yes we invited Wes along because they guys really liked him. It was mainly because he gave us discounts on our lessons.

After we all basically finished our food we just began to talk about random things. We were so loud and stupid sounding I bet everyone in the diner thought we were high or drunk. Anyways in the middle of all this chaos Steven leans over and whispers in my ear asking if I want to join him on a walk on the beach. I couldn’t refuse, so we left with only Jessica really noticing, but ignoring it.

On our way down the beach we stopped for some ice cream. We both went with a simple flavor, vanilla. I haven’t had vanilla ice cream since I was eight years old because every time I went to Baskin Robbins, Ben & Jerry’s, and other ice cream shops I would try something new.

I felt like I was in a romantic comedy walking down the beach eating ice cream. I look over at Steven and he looks back at me. Then I looked at my almost gone ice cream and scooped a little bit up with my finger and whipped it on his nose. He was done with his ice cream, so he began to chase me down the beach. When he finally caught up to me he tumble me to the ground, dropped my ice cream on the sand, and he began to kiss me.

“You know what is going to make this summer so great?” I asked him once we stopped kissing.

“What?” He was smiling and I loved when he smiled.

“You’re here with me.” After that we went back to kissing.