Messy Buns & Ponytails

That Didn't Last Long

It was three in the morning when I heard my phone to begin to buzz. I ignored it the first five times and then I thought it might be something important if this person has to call me at three in the morning like five times. I answered it and it was Mackenzie asking me if it was okay if she talked about what Luke did today. Sure it would have been fine if she asked sooner. I was awake all day, but no she wanted to call me at three in the morning I feel like their family mission is to destroy my sleeping pattern.

I wasn’t going to talk to her, but she said something about hospital, Luke, and accident. So I decided to listen and apparently Luke was in a motorcycle accident. I didn’t even know he drove a motorcycle. I feel so heartless right now because I am worrying about what the motorcycle looks rather than if Luke is okay.

I found out it wasn’t that bad of an accident because Luke only got a couple bruised ribs and he was the one who crashed into something because his new found friends were teaching him a new trick. Then she went on about how Luke’s new friends are going to kill him and I need to bring back the old Luke because this is all my fault according to her.

Then I was getting sick of her talking about how perfect we were for each other and so I decided to put my phone on mute letting Mackenzie talk and letting me get some sleep. I know it’s harsh, but if getting up at three to talk about Luke is all our “friendship” is going to be then I honestly don’t think it is going to work out.

I was awaken again at six, but this time it was Jessica who decided to torture me. She was still dressed in the outfit she was wearing yesterday. Usually it’s either because she fell asleep in it and was too lazy to change or she has been out all night. “I know you hate being woken up, but I think I am in love with Wes.” Jessica said with excitement.

“No you’re not. Goodnight.” I said and pulled the covers over my head and tried to fall back asleep. Jessica always thinks she is in love with certain guys, but she just wants sex with them. She doesn’t exactly know what love is yet.

“I am serious this time.” Jessica said as she pulled the covers off from over my head.

“You say that every time and it is never true.” I have no idea why I was arguing when if I just let it be I would get my sleep.

“I know, but I actually mean it this time.” She smiled and I gave her a thumbs up and fell back asleep. Since I didn’t wake up until one I am assuming she thought I was serious or just ignored my sarcastic gesture.

I walked downstairs to find all my friends playing Just Dance on the Kinect. Right now it was Jessica and she is way too white to be able to dance, so it was kind of funny watching her try to master the moves. I was actually kind of surprise that she was already awake and then I thought maybe she never went to sleep. Jessica is able to stay up for three days without needing some sleep, but when she does sleep she needs a lot of it. Jessica is just weird, so I can’t even begin to explain why she is like that.

When they all saw me it was my turn to try, but I have never played this game and I am almost just as bad as a dancer as Jessica. When I walked in front of the TV screen I realized that Nora was over. I was glad that my new friends and old friends got along so easily. I guess I am just good at making the right friends!

Suddenly I heard the front door slam close. I looked around the room to see who was missing, but everybody was there. Then I thought maybe it was Chris, but then I remembered Chris was on vacation for the rest of June. Then I was thinking it could have been Wes, but he works so who was it? I looked at the threshold to see Mackenzie with an angry look on her face. “Uh-oh this can’t be good.” I mumbled to myself.

“What the hell kind of friend are you?” Mackenzie yelled and the room fell silent. I pointed to myself making sure she was talking to me and she was.

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” I decided to play the dumb game.

“My brother is in the hospital because of you and you decide to sleep when I needed you the most. And don’t say you weren’t sleeping because I heard you snore.” Well now I officially know that I snore.

“Well if you were a good friend then you wouldn’t blame every stupid thing Luke does on me because it isn’t my fault. If you really wanted to talk you could have done when it wasn’t three in the morning and you are such a whiner.” She needed to stop blaming crap on me. Not everything bad that happens in her family is my fault.

“We are no longer friends.” Mackenzie said and left the house. Our friendship lasted about three days I would say that is a record, but one time I became friends with this Lesbian girl and she kissed me by the end of the day, so we stopped talking.

“When did you two become friends and why?” Nora asked looking at me like I was a psycho.

“Well she was blaming me for her messed up family even though she pretended like she didn’t blame me before, but anyways I was feeling guilty, so on my first day back here I told her I would try to be her friend.” I explained.

“Wow being friends with someone for like only three days must be a record for you.” Nora stated.

“Actually no this one time she befriended this lesbian and by the end of the day the lesbian kissed her and they never talked to each other again.” Jessica explained and I hit her on the arm, but she just smiled.

Let’s face it Mackenzie and I weren’t meant to be friends. I even think I was attractive to Luke a little bit more last year because I knew it would piss Mackenzie off if I dated him. I am just realized I am sort of a messed up person. I actually wonder if there was something I like so much about Luke that I forgot about. I wonder if I talked to the old Luke and we didn’t bring up last year would I rediscover what made me fall in love with him in the first place.