Emotions Like Wonderlandian Lullabies

tip toe down the hole.

Fingers fly across the piano keys. Slam down on the piano keys. Hard. Crack the piano keys, like jagged teeth with a crooked smile twisting itself into the Cheshire cat inviting you through the broken pieces and into the maze of Wonderland. Wonder whether up is down with the music notes pounding around you like elephants in a stampede, arms up to protect from the inevitable crushing crescendo.

Where do you go when you’re alone, twisting words into stories and fairy tales and poetry somewhere inside the spaghetti of your brain. Electricity shoots up your fingertips, hair standing on end as pretty black and white Marilyn dances on the screen while tears stream down your face and gather in the Nile to bring water to the thirsty. Silver ripples dance in a pool to light the cigarette of a ballerina who thinks if she’s a skeleton cancer can’t hurt her anyway.

Don’t make me angry. You won’t like me when I’m angry, teeth like broken piano keys and scream like the Red Queen, calling for the head of John the Baptist next to the traitors of the Republic. Judas leapt through rings of fire before the rope was taut and he was gone. Betrayal can be poetic and beautiful, even when it’s as ugly as the nose on your face.