Save Me.

prologue.

Did you really think you could run from me?

I stared at the piece of paper, letting it flutter softly from my shaking hands to my the carpeted floor. He found me. I could already feel the salty tears threatening to fall from my cloudy eyes. My whole body was trembling as I reached over, cupping the cell phone in my hand and dialing the familiar number. 

“Carson, hello. Are okay?”

“Abbey, he found me.” I whispered, sinking down to the floor and clutching my racing heart. I could feel my throat beginning to close up, my legs had grown numb and my breathing was ragged. 

“We're on our way.” She hastily replied. Hearing the click on the other end, I tossed the phone to the side, bringing my legs to my chest and burying my face into my knees.

*****

White. So much white. White walls, white furniture, white bed sheets. I could never bring my eyes to adjust to the coloration of the room, no matter how many times I sat within it.

Abbey walked into the room, giving me sympathetic smile and sitting next to me on the bed. She brushed my hair out of my face, shaking her head and pulling me into a hug. She let me cry into her shoulder for a while until finally she pulled away.

“I hate to do this to you, Carse, I really do but I’m afraid this time we're going to have to send you away. I know you don’t want to leave the country but it’s the only way that will keep you safe. I’m sorry.” Abbey explained. I just sat there, nodding my head whenever I felt it was needed.. “You'll be on the first flight out in the morning.” She stood up, kissing the top of my head and leaving the room. I closed my eyes, ready for the sleep to overcome me but it never did.

Sooner than I would've liked, Abbey was shaking me from my sleepless night, her cold fingers dancing along my arm. Without hesitation, I silently got up and followed her into the awaiting car outside. The ride to the airport was full of information. Giving me a new identity, along with my passport, money, and my location.

London.

I was on my way to London fucking England. The furthest away from my family that I've ever been because of this sick psychopath. It's been two years since I last talked to my family. I didn’t even have a clue where they were. Last I heard, they settled down in some small town in California.

“We're here.” She smiled, pulling me into her arms and rubbing my back softly. I took in her smell once more before pulling back.

“Thank you for everything, Abbey, really.” I smiled, stepping out of the car. I pulled on my backpack and grabbed my suitcase from the truck, slowly moving into the airport. 

An hour later, I was on the plane, out of America and probably never coming back. A tear slid down my cheek as the plane took flight. This was it. I closed my eyes and got comfortable, sliding my ear buds into my ear and letting the music of Jack's Mannequin lull me to sleep.