Save Me.

one.

Beep Beep Beep.

I groaned, slamming my hand down on the alarm clock and yanking the covers back over my head. I slipped my eyes closed only for a moment before my alarm was blaring in my ear again. Groaning once more, I threw my blanket off, reaching over and pulling the plug from the wall. I pushed my covers off, stretching my arms above my head and letting a yawn escape from my lips. Hearing the vibration of my phone on the bedside table, I snatched it up, ignoring the name and mumbling a muffled, “Hello.”

“You’re so fucked.” Elijah whispered. “Mary just got here.”

“Shit shit shit, alright. I’m on my way now.” Immediately dropping the phone, I jumped from the bed, searching drastically through my closet for a pair of suitable clothes. I found a pair of simple jean capris, an army green tank top with a black cross and a pair of beige platform boots.

I shuffled together as many of my writing folders as I could before darting from my apartment. “I’m fired, I just know it.” I sighed, pulling my fingers through my knotty hair and desperately pressing the down button to the lift. Just as the door rolled open, I stepped forward, fingering through the folders in my arms and hitting the warm body of another person. The papers flew from my hands, scattering all throughout the lift and the surrounding area.

In frustration, I fell to floor, pulling the free papers into my arms. “Just my luck.” I groaned, seeing a pair of hands drop down and begin picking up the papers.

“Sorry love, I should probably start watching where I’m going.” The man said, handing me some of my papers. “Let me help you.”

“No, don’t bother.” I seethed, swatting his hands away and grabbing the papers from him. He sighed, pushing himself upwards and backing away. Rushing past him, I scrambled into the lift and continuously jabbed my finger into the lobby button until the doors closed in front of me.

-----

“Okay, okay. I’m here.” I breathed, smiling over at Elijah.

“Just in time. The bitch is on the move.” He smiled, nodding his head behind me.

“Rachel.” Sticking out my tongue at Elijah, I slapped a smile on my face before turning around and walking over to my boss.

“It’s Mason.” I replied, holding the folders to my chest and walking along with her.

“Whatever. Do you have your topic yet?”

“About that, I was thinking that maybe I could do something a little different this time.” I began, nervously pulling at my tank top. “I was reading this article on the polar ice caps and how…”

“No.” Mary interrupted me, holding her hand up. I bit my lip, watching as she turned and sat in her rather large desk chair. “Molly, how many times have I told you, we are a fashion magazine. We write fashion, we wear fashion, we live fashion. We’re not some environment based tabloid, that supports animal right and protests global warming.” I nodded.

“My name is Mason.” I mumbled, closing the door and walking back over to Elijah. “I hate her so much.” I groan dropping my files onto my desk and slamming down into my seat. “Elijah, we write fashion, wear fashion, live fashion.” I mocked, rolling my eyes and beginning to type on my computer.

“Mase, quick, hottie at 2 o’ clock.” Elijah whispered, poking his finger into my side. I barely had time to turn before a voice was drifting into my ears.

“Excuse me, do you know where Ms. Williams office?” I stopped, looking up and sending a smile his way.

“Oh, um, right there.” Elijah stuttered, pointing at the door I had exited through only minutes before. The man smiled, thanking Eli before disappearing into the office. “Okay, what the hell? Where did the she-dragon find that hot piece of ass? He is gorgeous.”

“You got that right, E. Damn. I’d tap it.” I winked, turning back to my computer.

“Mmm. Let’s go get lunch. I don’t think we want to be around here during one of her ‘meetings’.” He laughed.

“Alright, let me just check my email.” I smiled, clicking a few buttons before scanning through the messages. Seeing an anonymous message, I excitedly clicked it, assuming automatically that it was from Abbey.

See you soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

:)