Save Me.

two.

Liam’s POV

"Abbey, she hasn’t been out of her apartment in days." I panicked, my voice squeaking slighly. I rested my hand against my throat, drumming my fingers against it and sighing to myself.

"Liam, listen to me, you have to calm down." Abbey was quite calm about the whole thing; part of me thought, though I know it's not true, that I cared more about the safety of this girl more than she did. "Find a reason to knock on her door and then call me back, okay."

"Like what, Abbey? Huh? She’ll probably freak out. She has a bloody stalker after her." At this point, I was becoming completely and totally frustrated at my cousin on the other end of the line. She didn't understand the pressure I felt to keep this girl safe for her.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Hearing Harry's voice behind me, I painted a fake smile across my face and turned around. With his hands pulling at his curly locks, Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, everything is fine, Hazza. Don't worry."

He stared at me for a moment, "Well, the lads and I are going to the diner across the street. You coming along?"

"Yeah, I’ll be right down. I have to do something first." He nodded, sending me a little wave before walking out of the room. Once he was gone, I pressed the phone back to my face, groaning when I could hear Abbey yelling on the other end.

"You know you can't tell anyone about her, right?"

"I'm not an idiot, Abs. I wouldn't risk your career like that." I chuckled.

"Okay, well go now. Call me later." Before I could even get another word in, Abbey hung up as quick as she could. Sighing, I looked around the kitchen before grabbing a cup and dashing out of the apartment to the room across the hall.

Mason’s POV

Flipping through the the novel that currently occupied my hands, I continued chewing on my bottom lip. Hearing a soft knock at the door, I dropped the book into my lap and looked to the door, hoping the visitor would just go away. When another sounded through my apartment, I sighed and pushed myself from the couch. Looking through the peep hole, I recognized the boy from across the hall and unlocked the dead bolt.

"Um, hi. Can I help you?"

"Ah, yeah. My name is Liam. I live across the hall." He pointed his thumb over his shoulder at the door behind him before smiling. "May I borrow a cup of sugar? I seem to have ran out."

"Oh, of course. " I smiled and pushed the door open further, waving for him to come in. After locking the dead bolt again, I walked toward the kitchen and motioned for him to follow. I grabbed the cup from him, filling it to the brim before shuffling it back into his hand. "There you go." I smiled. Liam nodded but still stood in the same place, hand gripping the cup as if was about to jump from his hand. "Is-is everything okay?" I stuttered and subconsciously stepped away from him, my back hitting the corner of the counter.

"Oh, yeah. I’m very sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. I was just going to ask if you want to go to the diner across the street with me and my mates."

"Uh, I don't know." I whispered, looking down to the floor and playing with edge of my shirt.

"It'll be fine. I promise." He smiled and suddenly, I was smiling back. I don’t know what it was but something told me that I could trust him and that scared me. My past doesn’t help with getting friends, at all. I rolled my eyes and nodded, walking over to slip on my white converses.

"Okay. Let’s go." I grabbed my keys, letting Liam out first before locking up. We headed to the diner, Liam's hands shoved into the pockets of his biege chinos.

"I’m just going to warn you now," Liam stated when he pulled his hand from his trousers and placed it on the door of the small diner, "My friends are quite an abnormal bunch."

I giggled, "I’m sure I can handle it." He smiled weakly but opened the door and motioned for me to go first.

"Li Li, over here!" A blond boy yelled from the other side of the room. I followed behind him until we reached the table that was occupied by 4 boys and 2 girls. One of the girls walked up to Liam, brushing her hand across his cheek before pressing a soft kiss to his lips. He smiled down at her and it was like the sun was shining in his eyes. I could tell he was completely in love with her.

"Who's your friend, Li?" The curly haired boy spoke up causing me to turn my attention towards him.

"Oh guys, this is Mason. She lives across the hall from me." Liam said, turning and beginning to point out each one, "This is my girlfriend, Danielle, that’s Niall, Zayn, Harry, Louis and Eleanor." I waved at each of them, only to be grabbed up into a hug by Niall.

"Welcome to the group, Mason!" He laughed, pulling me down to sit next to him.

"Thanks, I guess." I laughed, resting my hands on my lap.

"How come we’ve never seen you around before?" Louis asked, sipping down some of his soda and looking over at me.

Eleanor hit him lightly, shaking her head before mumbling, "That was rude, Lou."

I smiled, "Um, its fine. I just work a lot." I asnwered.

"Oh, where do you work?"

"Vogue." I replied with a smile.

"Well, that’s bloody fantastic." Louis replied, sarcastically. I started at him, confused at to why he was giving me so much attitude.

"Do you not recognize us?" Niall asked from beside me. I shook my head, still confused. "Well, that’s refreshing." He said with a little excitement, jumping up and down slightly in his seat.

"I don’t understand." I said slowly.

"Have you heard of One Direction?" Liam asked. I shook my head again, looking around at the group. "Oh dear." He laughed loudly, making everyone else join.

"Excuse me miss?" A waitress asked, tapping me on the shoulder and holding out a small piece of paper. "A man asked me to give this to you." Giving me the note, she shrugged before walking away and continuing her job. Knitting my eyebrows, I unfolded the note and read over it.

It’s good to see you again.

My heartbeat quickened and my breathing started to race. It seemed that time stood still for a moment. My grip on the note tightened as I turned around and looked nervously around the diner. Wiping a stray tear from my eye, I dropped the note and raced out of the diner, rushing back to my apartment.

Liam’s POV

As Mason ran out of the door, I swiped up the note and quickly read it. My eyes widened and I jumped from the seat, stuffing the paper into my pocket.
"What did it say, Liam?" Zayn asked.
"Uh, nothing." I looked out the window for a moment before fishing my phone from my pocket. "I need to make a call." As I left the diner, I dialed Abbey's number and leaned up against the wall.

"What took you so long?" Abbey spat out and I just knew that she was pacing the floor in her apartment.

"I'm sorry. I invited her to come along to lunch with the lads and I," I stopped, gripping the note in my pocket and letting a small growl escape from my throat. "Abbey, he found her." I whispered, looking around to make sure no one could hear me
.
"What?!" She screamed.

"He found her. He made a waitress give her a note that said, it’s good to see you again. Abs, what am I going to do? I can’t be around her all the time." By this time I was pacing the sidewalk, my hand ripping through my brown hair.

Abbey sniffled, "I’m on my way. I’m not going to let that bitch hurt her again." She spat into the phone before hanging up.

I sighed and stuffed my phone in my pocket, leaning up against the diner and putting my head between my knees. I just officially met this girl and I already feel like a protective older brother. I’m not going to let anyone hurt her or it’ll be the last thing that anyone ever does.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit