Save Me.

three.

The next morning came way to fast for my liking. My head was spinning, my mouth was dry and my stomach was aching with cramps. I groaned, wrapping my arms around myself and burying my face as far into my comforter as possible. After laying there for a few more minutes, I finally sat up, moaning softly.

Wonderful, I thought to myself as I pushed up out of bed. I trailed to the bathroom, yanking my hands through my knotted hair and yawning. Stripping of my clothes, I ran the water in the shower, letting it warm up to the temperature I want it before stepping in. I let the water run over me, cleaning myself thoroughly and stepping out. After doing all the girly things that needed to be done, I wrapped a towel around my underwear clad body and left the bathroom.

Hearing a knock at my front door, I groaned, throwing my head back in frustration. I just wanted to go back to sleep. “No one's home.” I mumbled, assuming it to be Liam wanting to talk about what happened yesterday. I dropped down onto the couch, not bothering to put any clothes on and curling into myself.

I didn't want to talk, I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to do anything that required me to actually put forth effort to move. I ignored the knocks for as long as I could before I was absolutely pissed at the person on the other side of the door.

“Jesus, Liam.” I whispered, pulling the towel tighter around my body. I unlatched the door, swinging it open and brushing my hand over my face. “Bitches can't get any sleep around here, can they?” I asked, dropping my hand. “What do you--” I looked up, stopping mid-sentence to stare at the blue-haired girl in front of me.“Abbey?” I stepped forward, reaching out to touch her face. “Why are you--? How did you--? What is--?”

“Well, spit it out.” She smirked, reaching forward and capturing my shaking body in a hug. Still in shock, I slowly wrapped my arms around her in a daze. “Look at you.” She smiled, holding me out at arms length. “You look good. Naked, but good.”

“What are you doing here?” I whispered, pulling her into the apartment and locking the door behind me. Abbey shrugged, looking around and probably noting everything she wanted to change. That's how she was; if she didn't like something, she was going to fix or at least tell you how to make it better.

“Can't a girl visit her best friend without having her motives questioned?” She asked, turning back to look at me. I knitted my eyebrows and began chewing on my bottom lip hard enough to feel the skin tear.

“Not when her best friend is in the WPP.” I stated. Abbey shrugged again, dropping onto the ouch and patting the empty space next to her. “Abbey, did something happen? Is someone hurt?” Abbey shook her head, patting my arm softly. “The note?” Abbey nodded. “But how did you know?”

“I have my connections, you know that.” I nodded, standing awkwardly to the side. “Well, go get dressed. We're going for lunch. My treat.”

Image

Abbey sucked down her cocktail, smiling at me from across the table. Her blue hair blew lightly in the London breeze, resting across her face and tangling into her eyelashes. I smiled back, sipping down my own drink.

“Is this your first time in London?” I asked, setting down the half empty glass and beginning to pick at my pasta. Abbey raised her eyebrow, drinking down the rest of her cocktail and shaking her head.

“Not really. I used to live here.” I dropped my mouth, staring at the girl across the table. “Well, not London actually. I'm from a place called Wolverhampton.”

“And you never thought to tell me this?” I questioned, shoving a forkful into my mouth. Abbey shrugged, reaching over and picking off my plate. “So, are we leaving again? Am I going to be taken somewhere else?”

Abbey shook her head, straightening out her shirt. “Nope. You're staying here. You'll be safe, I know it. And honestly, I’m sick of having to uproot you once you get settled in.”

Silently thanking Abbey, we finished off our lunch and headed back to my apartment, non stop chatter between us. Once there we both settled onto the couch with a film turned on and a bowl of popcorn between, for the first time in two years, I finally felt safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
2 months since my last update?! Holy shit, i suck. i've been so busy with school, i just completely forgot. but here's an update just for you all! Hope you enjoy.