Status: Active

She's Not Afraid

Movie Sunday

"Seems to me you're warming up to the boy." Riana teased me, nudging my arm as we sat on her couch.

I smiled, shaking my head as I looked away to the telly. "I didn't say that."

"You didn't have to. The blush on your cheeks gave you away."

I dropped my jaw as I placed my hands on either side of my face, turning to face her again. "I did not blush! I already told you I don't like him."

Truth was, every time I thought about what happened yesterday, I seemed to blush. It wasn't because I liked him in that way, because I didn't, it was just because a cute boy actually told me I could sing. I've always been insecure about my voice, another reason I don't like to sing aloud to others.

"Well you don't have much of a choice but to get along with him."

"Because I work with him? That's no big deal, it's only one day and I could easily ignore him." I said, dismissing the idea of bothering to become friends with him.

"No, because I invited him for movie night." She quickly mumbled under her breath before getting off the couch.

"What!?" I shrieked, jumping up to follow her into the kitchen.

"Every Sunday night, if we can, Harry and I watch a movie in either his place or mine. This week it's my turn to host." She explained as she began to microwave some popcorn.

"And you're telling me this now? I can't be here when he arrives! That'll be so awkward! It's your thing and I'll just be intruding. I have to go, I'm sorry, Ri."

I quickly turned around to gather my things from the living space when her hand grabbed my arm, turning me to face her. "Stop being silly, we don't mind you joining us. We always talked about adding someone into our little duo, so problem solved."

"I don't think so. I already told the poor kid I practically hated him."

She rolled her eyes before turning away from me. "Harry is a forgiving person. Besides, we all know you don't really believe that."

I raised an eyebrow in suspicion of her words. "How do you know I don't hate him?"

She scoffed, taking out three cups and filling them with the lemonade she retrieved from the fridge. "If you really hated him, you wouldn't blush every time you think about his compliment from yesterday. You wouldn't feel bad about calling him an arrogant twat, and you most certainly wouldn't still be in my house after I told you he was coming over."

"Hey!" I protested. "I was on my way out before you grabbed me!" I pointed out as I crossed my arms.

"Well I didn't put a gun to your head, now did I?" She asked as she turned to me, smirking at the fact that she caught me.

I rolled my eyes before retrieving the popcorn, the microwave beeping continuously. "Fine, maybe I don't hate him as much as I say I do. But I certainly don't like him the way you think."

She shrugged, handing me a bowl to pour the popcorn in. "Maybe not, but you still don't hate him. So I was right."

I shook my head, laughing at her as she pranced around the kitchen. She stopped in her tracks when the door bell rang, causing my heart to race a little. I was nervous, why? He was just a boy! A boy I wasn't even sure how I felt about.

"Lover boy is here." She winked before racing to the door.

I giggled and grabbed the bowl of popcorn out to the living space, placing it on the table. I heard his voice before he even entered and felt a small smile play on my lips, maybe tonight would be fun?

Not wanting to face him just yet, I headed over to Riana's impressive film collection, deciding what we would watch.

"Is that Charlotte? Did she know I'd be coming?" I heard Harry whisper to Riana.

I turned around at the mention of my name, facing him with the nicest expression I could muster up. "Hi."

"Um, hi." He replied, giving me a shy smile as he buried his hands into his pockets.

"I'll go get the drinks." Riana excused herself, leaving me and Harry in the awkward silence.

"Look, I'm sorry I've been such a bitch. It's just you came across as a jerk the first time I met you, but I'm willing to start new if you are." I offered, finally giving up the internal battle of whether or not to give him a chance.

He gave a small nod. "That sounds fair. I'm sorry for giving you that impression, it's not at all who I am."

"Well here's your chance to show me who you really are. And I promise I'm not as bitchy as I have been."

We shared a small laugh before Riana joined us, placing the tray of drinks along side the popcorn. "So, are we all okay in here? I want to start this movie before my parents get home."

"We're just fine." I smiled towards Harry before sitting on the couch.

"That's good to hear. Now a movie! What should we watch? A comedy, horror?"

"Horror." Harry and I both answered in unison as he sat on the couch beside me. We glanced at each other, smiling at the coincidence.

"Horror it is." Riana announced, hiding a smirk as she popped in the movie. She turned off the lights before taking her seat with us, raising her eyebrows slightly when she noticed the seating arrangements.

I nudged her side, knowing fully well what was running through her mind. "I didn't say anything." She whispered to me.

"But you're thinking it, now stop." I whispered back, keeping my whisper low so Harry couldn't hear.

When I faced the telly, I glanced at him through the corner of my eye, his sly smirk telling me he overheard. I shifted in my seat, embarrassed at what he now probably thought himself.

Through the whole movie I'd catch his smile whenever I covered my eyes during a suspenseful part or accidentally used his shoulder for protection from something that wasn't even real. And yes, it was accidental. I'd cuddle against anyone who sat next to me during horror films, always afraid of something popping up on screen.

When the movie ended, I apologised for using him as my shield, making him laugh aloud. "It's no problem, since I'm the man here, it's my duty to protect you girls."

He answered, imitating buff arms and a tough guy's facial expression. His lips pursing out, making him look anything but tough.

I burst out laughing at how ridiculous he looked, considering he was slim and not at all muscular. "Oh I feel protected. Don't you?" I teased, turning to Riana who laughed along.

"Well macho man, why don't you come along and protect us? I have to walk Charlotte back home, it's dark out."

"It's only a few houses down, I'll be fine." I dismissed them with my hand, grabbing my jumper from the couch.

"No we'll walk you, it's no problem." Riana insisted.

"I'll walk her, it's on my way. If you walk her, then you'll end up alone coming back." Harry pointed out to Ri, making her think about it.

"That's true." She nodded.

I sighed. "You guys are ridiculous, my house is not a minute away."

"Enough with the protesting! Harry, walk her. Thank you for the lovely night, goodbye." She hugged us, giving me a little squeeze.

"Bye!" I stuck my tongue out at her, heading for the door with Harry right behind me.

"So tonight was interesting." He finally said as we stepped off the porch and headed to my house.

"Sure was."

"I'm glad we're on cool terms now. Do you know how awkward it would be for us at work?"

I giggled. "I believe we had a little taste of how that was yesterday. I'm definitely glad we started new, you're not so bad." I smiled, looking up at him.

"Neither are you. You fooled the crap out of me that first day."

I made another burst of laughter, something I seemed to be doing all night around him. "I did, didn't I? I could say the same about you."

He chuckled, his gaze focused on the ground. "I meant what I said yesterday. You really can sing." He said, his tone more serious.

"Um, thanks. It means a lot to hear." I replied, feeling that blush creep up on my cheeks. I realised we were on my property and stopped at the foot of the parkway.

"I was wondering if you'd liked to come to my band's rehearsal this week. We have a wedding to play at next month and since you sing, I thought you'd like to watch and maybe give us your opinion." He offered, his hands in his pockets as he continued to stare at the ground.

"That would be wicked, yeah I'd love to. I didn't know you sang." I smiled, appreciating the fact that we had something in common.

"Yeah, always liked it."

"What are you guys called?"

"White Eskimo. We formed last year and I'm not trying to impress you, but we won battle of the bands at school."

I dropped my jaw, exaggerating an impressed reaction. "No way! And I have the honor of attending your private rehearsal?"

He looked up into my eyes from under his long eyelashes, chuckling at my expression. "Why yes you do, you should feel honoured."

I placed a hand on my chest. "Well of course I am! I shall boast to everyone of this invitation."

He hushed me, looking around before leaning in closer to murmur. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. They might get jealous."

I playfully shoved him away, sharing a laugh at our banter. "Who would of guessed you're actually funny." I shook my head in amazement at how wrong I was of him. "Just tell me when and where, and I'll be there."
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry these updates have been taking long, I've been having major writers block plus school drains me of energy. I would appreciate it SO much if you guys would help motivate me and comment on the story. I would really like to know your feedback and what you'd like to happen.

ALSO check out my other Zayn/Harry story I co-write? Another World