Sequel: Like Lint

The HB in Charge

Dibs

Ugh. She hated this.

Everything that was happening at the moment disgusted her. Her so called friends who were giggling and trying on multiple dresses for an event that wouldn't happen until their last year of high school! And her so called boyfriend was currently picking his nose while checking out protein shakes in GNC.

She was lounging on the mall bench, ignoring all the people who were glowering at her for hogging all the space with her legs. Hey, if they wanted to sit, they should have gotten there before her.

A large pear shaped woman came waddling out of the Macy's that her friends were in and sat down on the unoccupied corner of the bench. Her fat, sticky, sweaty legs briefly touched, Henri's and the girl recoiled immediately.

"Disgusting." She muttered under her breath, but loud enough for the woman to hear.

The woman turned to her in surprise and seemed to want to say something, but didn't and simply attempted to get up and leave. However she was much too tired and settled with turning her back to the girl, who was smirking with a mix of disgust and amusement.

She's so fucking huge she can't even roll off in embarrassment. The girl thought.

"Henri! Come on we're going to get smoothies!"

Henri turned to see her 'friend' Marley standing with her lesser friends, Cassie and Yvette. Marley had the audacity to place her hands on her hips and tap her foot as if Henri was the one who had been trying on dresses for an hour and a half. To add fuel to the fire, Cassie and Yvette were even snickering, behind their hands.

This bitch needs to be reminded of where she stands. Henri thought as she sauntered up to the girls.

Cassie and Yvette immediately took their places, somewhat behind yet next to Henri and Marley as they walked to Smooth Sips, to get their drinks. They all ordered and received their drinks. Henri sipped her Pineapple-cherry mix as she paid and watched Marley rifle through her purse, desperately, while chewing on her straw. Henri smirked as the brunette turned to look at her pleadingly and took a long sip from her drink.

"Miss, do you not have money?" The small yet stern looking cashier demanded.

Marley let out a whimper and shook her head. "N-no, I spent it all on this dress," she said holding up her bags. "But my friends will pay for it-

Marley looked up in horror when she saw that Cassie and Yvette had started window shopping and were successfully pretending to not know her. Desperately, she turned to Henri who was leaning against the wall, watching her.

When her friend didn't say anything, Marley placed the cup on the counter and stepped back. "I'm sorry I don't have any money, but-

The cashier smacked her hand on the counter, "You already contaminated the drink with your spit! Do you expect me to take it back? You drank some, so you will pay!" She snapped.

A tear trickled down Marley's face and she looked at Marley pleadingly again, "Henri, c-can you pay please?" she whispered, trying to look strong as other shoppers were starting to stare.

She's finally coming back down to earth. Henri thought with a smirk as she slapped $2.45 on the counter. Marley quickly turned to go but Henri stopped her. She pointed to Marley's forgotten drink and the source of her humiliation.

"Don't forget your drink." She trilled and walked off.

* * *
Henri, and her friends were leaning against their lockers as Riley held out a bouquet of fake roses, while the other hand reached for hers. A month ago she would have thought that was cute, but now she just thought it was tacky.
"Aw, come on baby, give me another chance!" Riley whined trying to hold Henri's hand. She shot him a sharp look and slapped his hand away.

"No. We're over, get lost." She stated, opening her locker and getting her English book. She had just broken up with him in the cafeteria when he had been boasting about how many points he had scored at the last basketball game. The look on his face when she had interrupted his conversation and pulled him to the side had been hilarious. To her of course.

He deserved it though. All he talked about was basketball, protein shakes and working out. It was annoying and he wasn't so cute that she couldn't live without him. Besides, there was a waiting list of guys, begging to be her arm candy. The only hard part was choosing.

Brad Roy was the captain of the football team but he was a complete idiot. At least Riley had had some brains, Brad had none.

Devon Grant was hot, smart and a great singer but he had a tendency to write songs about everything that happened in his life, and it got tiring after the first few.

Gi-

"Oh wow, who is that?" Yvette gasped and Henri turned to see a light skinned boy with curly brown hair, standing in front of the Main office. His eyes were hazel and he had nice pink lips. She had never seen him before in her life, so he must have been new.

"Oh my gosh dibs!" Yvette squealed and Henri sneered at her.

"Seriously? Dibs? What are you five? Who says that?" She snapped and strode away in the direction of the new boy. If anyone was going to have dibs on him, it was going to be her.