You Found Me

Meeting

My eyes flicked over to the digital clock on my dashboard as I gripped the steering wheel in anticipation. It seemed like the longer I drove, the slower time went by. Looking back at the road, I sighed softly, trying to relax. I laid my head back against the head rest, driving at a steady pace.
I had been waiting for this moment for 3 years, and it still felt like it was never going to happen. The fact that this was happening, that I’m driving to the house of my soul mate, about to meet him face to face for the first time, is absolutely surreal . How was it even possible that he still loved me and wanted me? Am I that wanted? That lovable? Me? I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. Nope, he’s just crazy. I giggled to myself quietly as I turned where my GPS told me to. “Shit, only 2 miles to go till I get there..” I said to myself, staring at the GPS in front of me. This wasn’t happening, this couldn’t be happening. I’m finally going to meet the man of my dreams, the man I have waited for my entire life. I would finally be able to hug him and tell him I love him as I look into his deep brown eyes that just melt my heart every time he looks at me. He would finally be able to hold me tight in his arms, something we’ve both longed for since the day we met. I would finally be his forever.
I made one last turn as my GPS told me to do so, ending up on a long driveway with a couple of trees on either side. Down the drive I could see a house, probably 2 stories tall, and a chocolate lab running around in the front yard. I smiled to myself, watching him, “That must be Zeus”
As I continued driving very slowly down the drive way, I scanned the house with my eyes, taking in all the details. There was a cute little sidewalk that led to a small flight of cement stairs leading up into the house. Attached to the sidewalk on the other side was what looked to be a two-car garage, or possibly only for one car with room to work. That makes more sense, seeing how he always works on his little nerdy planes in there. I snickered slightly, thinking about how cute he was when he toyed around with those things.
I sighed heavy, pulling up in front of the garage. Looking over at the porch, I noticed he wasn’t out there like he said he would be. “Oh well, gives me time to prepare..” I leaned my head down on the steering wheel, breathing slowly before pushing open my door. I stepped out, straightened my shirt, and grabbed my purse. “Here goes nothing”, I said to myself as I made my way to the house. As I reached the stairs, I saw an orange cat run past me up them and through a flap in the door. Smiling, I continued making my way up the stairs slowly, “And that must be Stewie”
I finally approached the front door, shaking ever so slightly. I straightened my shirt once again before knocking gently on the door. I took a huge breath in and let it out slowly as I heard the lock on the other side of the door click. Chewing on my lip, I saw the door open slowly, revealing the man of my dreams. When the door was fully open I let out a shaky breath. Was I really standing in front of the man I love more than life itself? Was this actually happening to me?
I saw him smile warmly and reach out to take my hand in his. I felt his coarse fingers run down my knuckles before interlocking our fingers and abruptly pulling me into him, hugging me tighter than I’ve ever been hugged before. I was taken by surprise at first, then instantly hugged him back as tight as I could. I could feel his heart beating against my chest and his fingers combing through my hair gently, a slight shake in his hand. After a couple minutes of hugging in complete silence, he pulled away from me and just smiled down at me, his eyes practically dancing. I returned his smile as I felt my cheeks flush and I swear they invented a new shade of red. Instinctually I reached up to cover my face, only to have him grab my hands and hold them in his.
I bit my lip gently, forgetting it drove him insane. I saw his eyes light up even more as he smirked softly and pulled me closer to him. I closed my eyes, letting out a slow breath as I felt his lips press against mine tenderly. He let go off my hands and cupped my face softly, deepening the kiss slowly. My hands latched to his sides, gripping them a tad bit. I was so engulfed in the kiss, it was nothing like I’d ever felt before. The softness of it was remarkable, but the deepness of it completely overshadowed how soft and gentle it was. It was so powerful, I felt butterflies rising in my stomach as if they were just going to carry me away.
He finally broke the kiss and stared into my eyes, smiling like a little boy on Christmas, and simply said “Hey Heaven.”, I giggled lightly and smiled up at him, “Hi Blair.”