A Lasting Impression

A Lasting Impression

My day has been wonderful! I met the prime minister of Canada and he signed my journal! My mom bought me a thousand dollar dress, so that I could look my very best. And my older sister, Maria who always picks on me, even did my hair and make up. This day couldn't get any better. the 75% chance that UMC would accept me has just shot up to 100%. I am set for life! And plus, the whole event is being filmed by over 20 news stations, international and national.

I gracefully walked over to the fruit table to get some more strawberries. The hotel that we were at has a huge chocolate fountain with three levels of three different chocolates! I've never even tasted milk chocolate coconut with a hint of pineapple, before! If mom was here, she would most certainly stop me from having more than two strawberries. But she's not so I can have as much as I want. Besides the prime minister even, encouraged me to eat more!

"You know as a child, I had so many strawberry bushes around my house! My neighbors called me the strawberry fairy," the prime minister said to me, smiling. "I was so upset that I refused to take part in the picking of strawberries for a week. But then I realized how much I missed tasting them, and just ignored those kids."

I laughed politely and he smiled at me. "How about you? Do you have any bullies who bother you?"

Wow, the prime minister who has so many important duties and responsibilities, is asking me about my personal life! He is such a charming man!

"Well, there are some girls at my school who call me nerd girl or soulless ginger," I sucked in a breath as I realize that the last insult was from South Park, and I'd probably have to explain that to him. But what if he already knew? South Park disrespects Canadians in nearly every episode! What if he gets mad at me for watching it!

I was so nervous that I let out a loud and strange giggle. A couple of people turned to stare at me, including the prime minister who just cocked an eyebrow. Thank fully he didn't say anything about the soulless ginger insult though.

"Why don't we go sit down, and talk about these mean girls. I may be old, but I know a few tricks to get them to leave you alone," he suggested

I nodded mutely, as my face began to heat up. We sat down at one of the beautifully decorated tables, and the prime minister waited for me to start talking again.

PPPPppppffffttt!

Oh. My. God.

Was that me? I can't believe I just let one rip, right next to the prime minister! I am so embarrassed! And everyone's laughing too! Even the prime minister!

I'm never going to show my face in public ever again!