‹ Prequel: Changing the Girl
Status: Oh my gosh Im busy! Uh unless I get more encouragement, it'll take me like a week.

Daughter of the Girl

Beginning of the Life Trip

“Like it?” Alex asked, walking up to my side.

“It’s tie-dye…it’s…perfect…” I said in complete awe. Alex grinned proudly.

“I wonder how I got this so perfect?” He wondered teasingly, twirling my hair in his fingers.

“Doesn’t matter…” I trailed off, admiration lacing my words. Alex dropped my hair, that same grin on his face. “I LOVE YOU!” I actually shouted, throwing my arms around his middle. Alex chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

“Go check it out!” He encouraged. I grinned up at him and detached myself to run onto his-our-bus.

Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious.

The inside was shiny and black. The carpets white, wood a medium brown and the place was shiny. I walked pass the shiny kitchen and into the bunk room. All the bunks had red curtains…except one. It was hot pink. I covered my mouth and squealed insanely loud. I heard laughter from my side and looked to see Alex dragging bags. I pointed excitedly at the curtain.

“It’s pink!” I shrieked in happiness.

“I know!” He (attempted to) shrieked back. I giggled one of those deep belly giggles and turned back to jump up and down at the sight of it. “Check out the rest of the place.” Alex told me, amusement playing hard on his aged features, and he then walked away to get more bags. I followed his instructions, my gaze lingering on the curtain as I walked on. I entered the back room and my jaw almost hit the floor.

Alex had set up an entire office space. It was even shinier than the rest of the bus. I went to the chair and sat down, mapping out the surface of the table with my fingers. I smiled faintly at the feeling of it, the grain of the wood running along the pads of my fingers.

I liked to feel things out. It helped me understand better. Sometimes, I didn’t understand things. It took me a while to get things, to figure out they were real. Feeling them helped sometimes. To feel the texture, how solid it was. It all helped.

“It’s real, Babygirl.” I heard Alex say softly from the doorway. I didn’t turn, just paused all movement. “I promise you it’s real.” I heard him whisper.

“I know. I just had to make sure.” I said, somewhat brokenly, back. The ex-rocker’s footsteps thudded closer to me. I felt his arms wrap around my body, and Alex breathed deep. Tears came to my eyes for no real reason. It was just so frustrating that I took this long to grasp things.

“I know it’s hard. You suffered a great loss at such a young age, and your mind dealt with it this way. But…maybe this will help. Figuring things out and all.” Alex reasoned. It gave me some hope.

“Ye-yeah…maybe it will.” I tried out. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and hugged his arms. “I love you Uncle Lexi.”

I never called him “Uncle”. Ever. It just sort of stopped when I was eight. Honestly, it just happened. Alex would tell people I was his daughter and then the people would be all disapproving when I called Alex by his first name. I knew it bothered him, but Alex always seemed uncomfortable with me calling him “Dad”. That was me compromising.

“I love you too, Scare.” He responded, and I could feel him smiling. Then I was being lifted into the air.

“Oh my gosh!” I nervously rushed as he turned on his heal. “I’m too heavy and you’re too old! Put me down!” Alex scoffed at that.

“You’re perfect and I AM NOT OLD!” Alex accentuated. I giggled.

“You’re like fifty!” I joked.

“I’ve got a year!” He whined at me. I then found myself thrown onto the couch. Alex flopped down next to me and shot me a beam. “I got a driver. The fridge is stocked with Monster. We have DVDs and video games. We have three months, a list of bands and two creepy people to visit. Are you ready?” He fought to keep the smile when the two people were mentioned, but Alex still epically yelled the question to me. I laughed at his antics.

“I am ready! Are you?” I prompted goofily.

“Yes, ma’am!”

And my life began with a jerk of a bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
I began High School two days ago. I'M A FRESHMAN!

Welcome aboard my friends!

I have no idea what the was about...

I have a contest going on about: Strange Pairings of Bandoms
Check it out!

Any comments?

I love ALLL of you!