‹ Prequel: Changing the Girl
Status: Oh my gosh Im busy! Uh unless I get more encouragement, it'll take me like a week.

Daughter of the Girl

Mood-Swinging-Uncle

“Go.” I heard Alex command of the bus driver. I suddenly got nervous. I didn’t want to be in trouble, let alone with Alex. He walked into the back room with me, and paced back and forth in anger. The bus rumbled ahead, and I sat waiting for the anger to explode in volcanic proportions. “THE NERVE OF THAT MOTHER FUCKING JACK ASS BITCHY ASS FUCKER!” He yelled to the air. I jumped and cowered back into my seat. He wasn’t mad at me… “HOW FUCKING DARE HE!” He yelled again. Alex picked up a book and whipped it across the room. He started to hit the wall and throw various objects, all the while screaming obscenities.

“Alex! Alex, please! Calm down!” I stressed, getting up and hurrying to him. Avoiding his powerful arms, I wrapped my own around his mid section. The man fought to push me off for a few seconds, but stopped fighting to go slightly limp. He leaned his body against mine, hugging me tightly as if he was afraid I’d disappear. His body lightly shook, but it wasn’t with sadness nor anguish. It was with the anger he was fighting to suppress.

“I. hate. Him.” He forced out through gritted teeth.

“I know that now. I’m so sorry, Alex.” I just held on. It was all I knew how to do.

“Don’t be.” Alex pulled back to look directly in my face. “Don’t ever be. Not for when someone-an adult-gets too close. Not when they touch you like that. Don’t be sorry.” He pulled me into his chest again, holding me as tightly as he could. Still shaking, Alex pressed a kiss to the top of my head. He pulled away and stood with his hands on my shoulders. “Now not only do I have to worry about creepy teenage boys getting you drunk, I have to worry about creepy guys getting you drunk as well. You girls will be the death of me…” He mumbled, searching my face. “Are you okay?” He suddenly asked, walking out of the room. I followed his retreating back to the ‘living room’ and sat on the couch. Alex grabbed an energy drink, and stared at me with an unreadable expression.

“I’m fine! I actually found out a lot, and they’re not that bad. Plus, I met Dakota’s kid, Trevor.” I
said offhandedly. A smile spread across Alex’s face.

“He’s a good kid. In a band too. I’m sort of contemplating signing him to Scare Records.” He spoke
aloud.

Alex created Scare Records when I was nine. He had came to visit, and saw Damien’s signs. Saw how he was starting to crumble. But he also saw how I loved music. I remember watching him sit there for hours, just watching his fingers flitter over the strings as he sung me songs from his past. He saw how I was slowly becoming sad. How depressed I was. Alex wanted a record label and all he needed was a name. He thought about Scar, but figured it would be to unoriginal. Too many people called me that. So, he added an “e”.

“Do you know how they sound?” Alex could seriously do things without thinking. So yeah, I had to help a lot of the time.

“Um…”

“To the YouTube!” I announced, turning on his laptop. I smiled at the picture of Taylor, Alex and I. I got the computer all set up, and Alex flopped down next to me. He lazily sipped the drink, and squinted at the screen. “Old man…” I mumbled.

“Bitchy teen…” He mumbled back.

Oh how I love my uncle…

I typed “Groveling” and Girl In The Picture came in the drop down. I clicked on that, and it played.

“Blonde hair you made shine,
Brown eyes made me cry.
I never even met you,
But Baby I just need you.
Don’t hold my breath,
You’re never coming back to where you never were.
Sit there and cry, my darling,
No one’s hearing you yet.
But I want to be near you!”

Alex and I slowly turned our faces to each other. Eyes wide, jaws dropped, and shock slapped on our faces.

“Oh.”

“My.”

“GAWD.” We finished.

“It’s totally about you!” Alex laughed, pointing at me. The song kept playing, and I just turned to the screen with the same face.

“I saw you one day,
Walkin’ by with a beautiful sway.
You’ve got me groveling for your attention,
Who says I have to stop staring?
When I don’t even get a second glance!” The bridge sounded.

“When in the hell did I walk by this kid?” I wondered aloud. Alex had a hand over his mouth.

“I’m signing him.” Alex announced. Still. Laughing.

“What? He was, like, watching me.” I stared at him, motioning about with my hands.

“I know!” Alex burst into more laughter. I closed the top, put it on the table, crossed my arms, and gave him an overzealous glare. He just laughed harder.

“You suck!” I whined. He just grinned at me, and playfully shoved me. We got into a slight play fight which resulted in me being tickled to the floor. “I give up!”

“VICTORY!” Alex chanted, throwing his arms up. He reached out a hand and pulled me to my feet, smiling in triumph. “Goodnight.” He kissed my forehead, skipping (I know right?) to the bunks.

My eyes roamed the bus once again, taking it all in. It was only around ten at night, so I figured “What the hell?” and went back to the computer to invade Twitter.

I had a crazy amount of followers. Insane really. I had my mom’s old ones. Damien’s old and new ones. The rest of ILCK’s followers and the member’s followers. All the ATL associated followers. GSA kids and the organization’s followers. And a few friends. Not to mention hopeful bands.

I followed ATL, ILCK, friends, and other random bands. Maybe one hundred or so? I had over fourteen million. Yeah. Woa. I made a different, “fake”, account as well, which had like twenty followers. It was nice.

“Hey there! How’s it going? Personally, I’ve been embarking on a life journey! :D” and hit tweet. Within seconds I had people asking questions. ‘Cause, ya know, I was just THAT interesting!

“Damn, people! Anyways, who else finds waffles awesome?” wow. I tweeted some stupid stuff.

Well, I got board easy. So, I went to my bunk, hopped in (after putting on my pajamas) and sat awake.

How…uneventful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler much? I think yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ug. High school's buzy! Yes, I spelt busy wrong...

Love you!