Status: This Story is ACTIVE! ^-^ Enjoy~

It's Time for Us to Take a Chance

Chapter Thirteen: Summer Flings with a Side of Fake Boyfriends

After a while of moping around the beach, the guys made me perk up and change into my swimming suit. The top was sky blue with white and blue bottoms to match. Joey made me pin up my hair with the matching flower even after I told her I wasn't a flower person. Brendon and Ryan changed into their sun glasses and swimming trunks. We all prayed that no one would notice their true identities and bumbard them with questions or signatures. So far so good.

People tend to laugh when they see a bunch of 20-year-olds laughing and jumping around in the water. Kids were watching and laughing as they splashed in the cooling San Diego waters alongside my immature friends. Ryan splashes water in my face and I jump on his back, laughing away. We caught Spencer and Cassidie kissing under water. It was so sweet. Apperanly, Spencer asked her out the night of our sleepover. Who knew! I guess secrets are being spilled all over the place, hu?

"Hey, guys, I'm gonna go and get me a smoothie! I'll be right back!" I wave at the gang before getting out of the water and drying myself off. I grab my walet from the swim bag and head over to the cute little smoothie bar with the straw roof and the flower on top. "One Strawberry Mango Blast, please." I smile kindly at the lady behind the counter.

"Hey, beautiful, mind if I pay for that?" a boy with chestnut hair and hazle eyes takes out 5 bucks and hands it to the smoothie chick. She hands me my smoothie and smiles. "Enjoy," she says. Was she talking about the smoothie or the stranger? "So, you live around here?" he asks. "No. I live in Anaheim. You?"

"Orlando. I'm here for vacation. I just need a break from the world. And I though, what better place than here. The wonderful breeze, the refreshing waters, the beautiful view," he eyes me. I turn away and sip my smoothie. "Hey, babe." someone wraps their arms around me and kisses my neck. I nearly panic until I recognize the voice. "Hey, Bren." I play along. "Whos your friend?" he breathes down my neck and I hold back a giggle. "This is..." "Troy. I was just saying hi," he says before walking off, probably upset at the fact that Brendon is now my "boyfriend".

I turn and face Brendon. "And what was that about?" I smile. He takes my hands and kisses them, eyeing Troy who was still watching from afar. "You don't know that guy. He could be a, uh, um..." "A nice guy trying to find a summer fling? Yeah," I laugh. "You never know," Brendon shrugs. "I don't need you to protect me. It's not your job, alright? I'm a big girl. I'll do fine on my own." I smile. "I just want to be there for you. I don't want you getting hurt again," he kisses my neck and automatically hits a sweet spot. I bite my lip to hold a moan. I can feel people staring at us from behind. "Brendon," I push him off. "He's gone." I say. Brendon looks around before planting his eyes down on me. "Good. Now, lets go," he smiles and takes my hand, leading me back to our area on the beach.