Status: This Story is ACTIVE! ^-^ Enjoy~

It's Time for Us to Take a Chance

Chapter Fifteen: I Never Intended for This to Happen PRT 2

He hops in front of me, blocking my path yet again. "I know you love Nutella with a side of Teddy Grahms. I know that thunder has the power to scare the shit out of you. I know that when you sleep, you curl up to keep warm even with a blanket. I know your eyes light up when you smile. I know that the reason you didn't let me hold you that night of the thunder storm was because you didn't trust me. You didn't know what I would have done. I know that the reason you didn't want anyone to know about Jeffery was because you were afraid of what could have happened. Knowledge is power in a case like that... I know that you don't want protection because having someone protect you makes you feel vulnerable; so you put on this hard shell even though you know that on the inside you're fragile and innocent. I know that you can't do everything on your own! I know...it's time for us to take a chance."

"Why..? Why do you even care? I'm not your responsibility. You don't have to protect me, that's not your job!" But I wish it was. After that lecuture, after all that talk, I know now. I want him... "Brendon, I can protect myelf," I stomp my foot. He backs me up against the nearest wall and places his hands on the walls at the side of my face. "You can't do everything alone, Paige!" he says sternly. "Some things, you're gonna need to accept the help that's offered. Like at the beach, for example. Without me, you could have been stuck with just another Jeffery: someone ussing you for what you're not meant to be used for."

"I know now how to defend myself," I say. Brendon lowers his head and kisses my spot. I clech my teeth to hide the moan that threatened to shoot from my throat. My knees almost turn to nothing but mushed bananas. "And what if he kissed you there?" he asks, his lips still rubbing softly against my neck. "I-I know how to say no," I say through my clenched teeth. I place my hands on his warm chest, attepmting to push him away - getting a few pumps from his racing heart - before he takes my hands and pins them above my head with only one hand.

"And if he's stronger?" he kisses my neck again. "Brendon..." I let it slip. He smirks again and lets me go, but his cool breath still whifs on my neck. "Why do you care? I'm not your responsibility," I breath more than talk. "I care...becauause, shit, I want you. Plain as day," he looks into my eyes. I miss the gentle breathing on my neck, but without it, it gives me the cabability to talk without nearly dropping to my knees. "Have you ever thought that maybe it's not fear that's keeping me from wanting you. Maybe I just don't like you," I grin.

And without warning, he kisses me. Gently, sweetly. I fight the urge to return the favor, but my resistance dosn't last long. I find myself kissing back, no, more like drifiting off into the passion. My eye-lids fall, but by that time, he'd already stopped. Leaving only enough space between our lips to slip a playing card through.

"Then why are you still here? With me? Why'd you let me kiss you? You can take care of yourself, remember? Why didn't you take care of that?" he smirks on my lips. I rattle my brain to think up some kind of reasonable explination, but my mind goes dry. I bite my lip. He pulls me by the hip and into his chest. My hands place themselves on his shoulders. I feel every outline of his body. His breath begins to make it's way down my neck, sending shivers through every fiber of my being. I grasp his shirt and give myself a boost on my tip-toes so my lips reach his ear so I can whisper...

"Because I want you."