Legoland

Lego's

The sun was out, but the air was cool. Tony kept an arm securely around Steve’s waist as they navigated the busy sidewalks going nowhere in particular. After eating a late lunch they’d gone out for a walk against Tony’s will.
“What’s that?” Steve asked stopping in his tracks and turning nearly knocking over three other people and Tony.
“That?” Tony asked following Steve’s gaze. “That’s Legoland.”
“We are in the window,” he said and Tony nodded. Larger-than-life lego people decked out as Ironman, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Thor stood in the window.
“We’re in the windows everywhere haven’t you noticed?”
“Yes, but not like that,” Steve said pulling away to cross the street.
“Really. We’re going there?” he asked but followed as Steve crossed. “Isn’t this a bit, well, childish? I mean it’s all toys in there.” Steve stopped on the sidewalk and turned.
“As if we don’t go home every day and you spend hours playing with your toys,” he retorted and Tony wrapped an arm around his waist again and led Steve inside.
“Those are not toys. We’ve been over this before. Those are machines and gadgets and weapons,” he grumbled and Steve smiled.
“Big boy toys,” he chuckled and Tony dug his fingers into Steve’s hip.
“Toys that save your ass,” he mumbled and Steve smiled.
The store was filled with children and adults alike. Displays of different lego’s were set up all through the store. Some were elaborate and others were simple, but the Avengers display dominated the store.
“I think I should be hurt that they’ve sold more of you then me,” Tony said. “At least Legolas and glorified Ken are still here.” Steve gave him a confused look and Tony rolled his eyes. “Clint and Thor,” he explained.
“Oh. I think I’m going to get one of each,” Steve said and started picking up the small boxes.
“I think you should just get all of mine,” Tony said and Steve smiled.
“Stop being a sore loser. Lots of yours have been sold. Do you want one?”
“No that’s childish,” he said and Steve placed and Ironman box in his hand as well as a Captain America.
“You put them together yourself. Just like all your toys at home,” Steve said and Tony rolled his eyes but didn’t put them back.
“I can put them together in my sleep. That’s how simple it is,” he pointed out and Steve laughed.
“It’s amazing how you go from complaining to bragging in mere seconds.”
“Do not,” Tony said quietly and wrapped an arm around Steve again.
They looked around the store after that. Tony explained most of the displays to Steve as they came from movies he’d never heard of.
They ended back at the Avenger’s display. “Are you sure you don’t want to get all of them?” Steve asked again and Tony shook his head.
“Although I’m considering getting another me,” Steve laughed and Tony gave him a dead serious look. As Steve continued to laugh a kid was reaching for one of Thor. “Hey kid! Don’t get Thor get Ironman!” he snapped. “Because I’m better than that self-proclaimed demi-god. The little boy stared at him open mouthed and then laughed. “What?!” Tony demanded and turned to Steve, “What is making the child laugh?” Steve just shrugged.
“You can’t be Ironman, you don’t have a suit like him!” the kid exclaimed and Tony reached to unzip his coat when Steve stopped him.
“Let it go,” he murmured.
“Alright, alright I’m not Ironman, but if you don’t buy an Ironman then I’m going to turn into Ironman and chase you around the store,” Tony announced and the boy grinned.
“Really?!” he asked.
“No,” Tony said and placed Ironman in the kids’ hand and sent him away giggling.
“Granddad I want these two and they’ve got Captain America left too!” the little kid said as he headed towards his granddad.
“Come on,” Tony said. “I need to get out of here.”
“Wait,” Steve said catching his arm.
“What?” Tony hissed and Steve nodded to the old man who was now staring at Steve open mouthed. He started coming towards them and Tony rolled his eyes.
“My eyes have to be playing tricks,” the old man whispered. “It can’t be,” he said and Steve handed him a Captain America lego figure.
“It can sir,” Steve said with a smile.
“I watched you on the television … as a child and now …” the old man stared in awe and Steve continued to smile. “I never thought you’d be back until you showed up with the others.”
“Someone has to keep the country safe,” Steve said and the old man stared and finally saluted. Steve returned the salute and then took the figure from the old man. He signed his name as Tony pouted next to him. “Here sir,” Steve said returning the figure and the old man nodded. Steve smiled and led Tony to the check out.
“Why do you get to be Mr. Popular?” he complained and Steve laughed and gave him a quick hug.
“Comes with age,” he said glancing back at the old man who was showing the figure to his grandson.
“Don’t start that shit again,” Tony grumbled and kissed Steve’s cheek. “You’re just a stupid army brat to me.”
“And you’re just an arrogant self-obsessed pretty boy,” Steve replied.
“But you love me anyways and I guess you’re not too bad yourself,” he said as they headed back out into the chilly night holding each other close and talking about nothing in particular.