Status: pre-pro

Until There Was You

Morgan POV

My first hometown show with the band. I was so excited. I hoped to see old faces and make new friends, but I never expected to practically fall in love. She was beautiful, with dark hair that shone auburn under the lights. Of course, I don't know her personality or her story, but I know I have to meet her. But she left early, in the middle of Five Minutes to Midnight. I look at the two girls she was with, and hope that I can talk to them. If not, I pray that I'll see her at another show.
"Hey Morgan!", I hear a girl shout from behind me. When I turn around, it's the two girls that were with the unknown beautiful one.

Slightly shocked that I was this lucky, I ask, "Hi girls. What's up?"

"Sorry to bother you.", says one of them. "I'm Susan. The other guys seem to have disappeared, and I just happened to see you heading out. My friend Brittany had to leave early. I told her I would try to get a voicemail for her. I can call her and you can say something? Anything?"

"And she has a card for you.", says the other girl.

"Oh! Right!", says Susan, digging in her bag. "Uhh...here it is! And that's Michelle."

"Hi.", the other girl says quietly. "Brittany would have loved to be here tonight. And meet you."

Thinking quickly, I say, "Well, thank you for this. But we have a band meeting. Maybe if you give me her number, I'll call her as soon as I can."

Giving each other looks, they shrug. "Sure, I don't see why not.", says Michelle.

Pulling out my own phone, I type in the number they repeat to me. "Well, I have to go now. Hope you had a fun time, and see you soon!", hurrying back to the other guys. Turning the corner, I nearly run over John. "Woah. Hey man.", I say. "Shouldn't we be getting back to the van?"

"Who were those girls?", he asks. "They were smokin'. Getting their numbers?"

"Oh. Them? Were they? I was kind of distracted. Didn't notice.", I say quickly.

John raises his eyebrows at me. "Oh? Then who's number were you getting?", he questions.

"They had a friend, and I had to go. She had to leave early. I said I'd give her a call.", I tried to say off-handedly. "And John...they're barely legal. Remember that."

"I know man. As long as you do.", he says, giving me a knowing look. "Let's get back before Martin starts whining."

Following John, I couldn’t help but to think about Brittany. Now she has a name. But what am I supposed to do? I was right. They were probably barely legal, if even legal at all. And I’m turning 21 in late October. Which means I’m at least 2 years older than any of those girls. This is ridiculous. What am I supposed to do with that number? The girl hasn’t even met me. At least this was a hometown show. I’ll probably see her again and soon. Walking onto the van, I say, “Hey guys. I need to make a quick call. Be back in a sec.”

Quickly ducking outside again, I ignore Martin’s protests and call the number Susan and Michelle gave me. When her voicemail beeps, I say, “Hi Brittany. This is Morgan. Uhh, Morgan Dorr from Boys Like Girls. It’s a shame you had to leave early. Your friends Susan and Michelle seemed quite nice. They gave me this number. I thought it’d be difficult to hear me if we used her phone in the middle of the crowd. Well, I hope you’re able to make it out to another show. Good night. Hope to see you soon.”

When I hang up, I wonder what she’s doing, and why she had to leave early. Or how she’d react to the voicemail. And if I’d ever see her again. As I’m thinking about this, I hear Paul call for me. Oh. Right. Band meeting for our drive to Nashville. But I hope we’re back to play a show in Boston soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
these are the two "introductory" chapters. it'll involve dave place from PCFH in a bit but it'll only be from morgan and brittany's POVs.

read. subscribe. comment. recommend? :D xoxo ♥