Status: pre-pro

Until There Was You

Brittany POV

I call Susan. Please pick up. Please pick up. I sigh in relief when I hear her pick up the phone. “Susan. I need to tell you something. But three-way Michelle first. Normally, I would just text you guys, but this is insanely important.”, I say rushedly. I hear Susan dial, and pray that Michelle picks up her phone too. Luckily, she does.

“Michelle! Britt has something important to tell us!”, she says excitedly. “Alright. Let’s hear it.”

“Did one of you give my number to Morgan. Like, actually give it? How?! Every other band member just does it using a friend’s phone. That is INSANE!”, I say.

“Ohmygosh!”, gushes Michelle. “So he actually called you?!”

“So you guys DID give him my number? And he did! That’s crazy. I really do wish I got to meet him. But now I don’t know what to do! Should I just leave it, or call him back, or text him, or what?!”, I freak out.

“Wait. He didn’t *67 his call? You actually have his number?”, asks Susan.

“Yea. Weird right? I actually have his number!”, I squeal.

“Maybe you can text him back?”, suggests Michelle.

“And wait until morning so you don’t seem too eager.”, adds Susan.

“Great idea! Thanks girls. You are seriously the best. What would I do without my two best friends?”, I say. “But I also can’t believe that my two best friends are staying and going to Boston College while I’m going to be on the other side of the country in less than two months!”

“Not everyone can be a genius like you Britt.”, says Susan. “But don’t worry. There’s Skype and we’ll visit each other whenever we can. And by we I mean you, since you’re the only one with enough dough to take multiple planes a year.”

Laughing, “Of course we’ll Skype! And I will come as often as possible. Just not too often because you know…my mom.”

“Of course.”, says Michelle. “And why are we talking about this. We still have more than month left together. We’ll wreak even more havoc on this town than we did in our four years of high school. You know, “Watch it burn, let it die, because we are finally free tonight”? Right?”

“Well, if you put it that way…”, I say grinning. “And it can’t be that hard, considering we were freaking ANGELS in high school.”

I hear someone yawn. “Well, I have work tomorrow morning and it’s now past one in the morning. I need my beauty rest ladies. We’ll meet tomorrow after work. Who’s getting off the latest?”, asks Susan. “I’m done at four, since I’m going in an eight.”

“I only get five hours tomorrow. But I’ll be done at three.”, says Michelle.

“Well, I come and go as I please. Thank god for stepdad number three. And the fact that he’s best friends with the owner of Red Blue Records. I’ll probably just go in early though. I’ll pick you guys up after work then. Which car shall we take?”, I offer.

“Don’t care. Just pick me up in one of your fancy cars. So all of my coworkers can be jealous.”, laughs Susan. “But I really do need to sleep now. See you girls tomorrow.”

“Night!”, we chorus. “Car preference?”, I ask Michelle.

“Yea! The black one. Or the red. Or the blue.”, giggles Michelle.

“Alright. So I guess you mean no preference.”, I say. “See you tomorrow too then. I’m feeling exhausted too.”

--

“Alright. So, Danny is tracking drums first. After that, Dave, you will track bass. Then Jason and Zack on guitars. And then Dave ends with the vocals. Got it?”, I ask, staring at the four boys in front of me.

"Yupp!", says Danny excitedly. Danny's alwas excited. "How was the BLG concert last night?" They're going on tour soon right? I know we're recording, but we've talked about it, and thought it'd be really cool if we can get on their second leg. With Parachute?"

"That would be WAY cool. Except how do you plan on doing that? Unless you have connections...?", I trail off as I see them all stare expectantly at me.

"What!", I screech. "Me?! How can I do that? Plus, they're going to Nashville now. I couldn't even stay for the whole thing anyways. My mom-"

Danny cuts me off. "Your mom called you and you left?! Again?! What did we tell you to do last time? You need to start living your own life! Family is family, but they shouldn't be ruining your life like that. Stand up to her, and stand up for yourself!"

I smile at him. I was pretty close with all four of the boys. It used to be just Dave and Zack, but their old drummer left, and they brought in Danny and Jason. And now Danny, and Dave, are probably two of my best friends, along with Susan and Michelle. I glance at Dave, but he only frowns at me with a reproachful look in his eyes. I sigh. "Sorry guys. I just can't say no to her. She's my mom!"

"Britt. Look at me. You know how much family means to me. But only when they act like it. Do you think your mom will drop a boyfriend if you needed her?', asks Dave gently.

"Let's just drop this ok? You guys need to get recording.", I say, waving them away with my hands.

“Fine. But we still want to play on the second leg of the tour!”, Zack reminds me as he leaves.

“True. And we’d just be giving you a great excuse to do something you’ve always wanted anyways.”, includes Jason as he files out of the room.

“Do it for yourself for once.”, Dave says sagely as he follows the other too.

Before Danny can open his mouth, I warn, “Say one more thing on this subject and you’re dead meat. Go band your drums now.”

“Fine.”, he acquiesces. “I’ll just go “bang my drums” while you…think things through.” With a final wink, he disappears out the door like the others.

Pulling out my phone, I stare at the number that called me last night. That’s Morgan Dorr’s number. And those boys seriously deserves it. And I love them beyond reason. Maybe I should talk to him for them. It can’t hurt, can it?

Before I could change my mind, I dial the number.
♠ ♠ ♠
PCFH makes an appearance! :D

tell me what you think? :D ♥ xoxo