Status: pre-pro

Until There Was You

Brittany POV

“Dave!”, I catch him as he’s leaving the studio. “Thank god you’re done with the bass part. I need to talk to you.” Dragging him by the arm, I pull him to my car. Putting the top down when we get in, I start squealing.

“Woah Britt breathe! You said you had to talk to me, not screech at me.”, says Dave with a small smile.

“Well, I talked to Morgan Dorr and he wants me to send him a few songs and he’ll check you guys out and talk to the others about it!”, I say excitedly.

“Wow. Gorgeous and efficient. I have such an awesome friend. How’d you get directly through to Morgan? He’s their new bass player, right?”, replies Dave.

“Oh. Right. That. See…I didn’t tell you guys everything last night. Morgan may have kind of called me and left me a voicemail without *67-ing his phone number. So I put that to use. He was really sweet on the phone, despite my babbling. You know how I babble when I get nervous right? Well, he was really nice about it and didn’t make fun of me. But seriously, he is just too sweet.”

“Babbling? Like what you’re doing right now you mean?”, he teases. “I guess you do that when you’re excited too then. Or maybe when you’re just being…yourself. You don’t ‘babble’, you just enjoy talking more than a normal person.”

“Teasing me Mr. Place?”, I joke back. “Imagine I see him and we hit it off though. How great would that be? Too bad I’d never have a chance.”

Dave’s smile dims a bit. Weird. “So you like him?”, he asks. “And what do you mean by you’d ‘never have a chance’?”

“I mean, I can’t really like him can I? He’s just another guy who plays bass in a band, but I don’t really know him. But I guess I’m kind of interested. I mean, he’s gorgeous, sweet, and talented. And he obviously has great taste in music. But hey, my number one guy has the same exact traits. Maybe he’ll just be another awesome friend.”, I say, ruffling his hair.

“Top guy ehh? Well, thanks. You’re not so bad yourself, you know? But don’t avoid my question! What do you mean by no chance?”, he asks again.

“Well, you know. He’s gorgeous and probably has tens of hundreds of thousands of girls hitting on him. Most of them are probably ten thousand times prettier than me. There’s no point even thinking about it sometimes.”, I say dejectedly.

“Hey. Britt. Look at me.”, Dave says, tilting my head to look into his impossibly blue eyes. “I can honestly say that you’re the most gorgeous girl, inside and out, that I know, and will probably ever meet. You’re smart, funny, and talented. If a guy can’t see that, then he’s stupid and doesn’t deserve you. But I never ever want to hear you putting yourself down again. Ever. Because no other girl can even compare to you. So if you want Morgan, and if he’s not an idiot, he’ll fall for you so hard that he probably won’t be able to get up.” When Dave pulls away, I could almost swear he said, “And he wouldn’t be the first one.” But I’m not quite sure. Were Dave’s eyes always so blue?

“Thanks Dave. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”, I say gratefully. “So where do you want to go for lunch? And should we pick up food for everyone else?”

“Somewhere healthy. And I think they’re fine. We can just enjoy ourselves. And hey, I can track double vocals tomorrow?”, he throws in.

“Healthy?! But I live off of fast food and takeout! And just for you Dave, but hey, I’m not the one who needs to make a deadline.”, I laugh. “Let’s go.”

“How you’re able to stay a stick with junk food and no exercise is something I’ll never understand. At least you have someone to cook for you at night.” He pauses. “They do make healthy food right?”

“I enjoy carbo-loading at night. Lots of potatoes and pastas. Grain group. Does that count?”, I question.

Rolling his eyes, “Let’s just get pizza Britt.”

“Woohoo!”, I yell, letting the top down again.

Dave shakes his head, now laughing. “A hard top convertible, yet sweet to the bone and not spoiled at all. You’re crazy.” After seeing my look, he adds in a, “Not that I’m complaining.”

“Oh but Dave. You forgot my other two cars. Did I mention that I need a specially mixed violet car to make me feel happy again? And Mom wouldn’t let me build another walk in closet to fill with all of the clothes that I just must have.”, I say mockingly while flipping my hair.

“Terrible. Just terrible. And after I compliment you too?”, he chuckles. “Just drive.”

--

Laughing, Dave and I walk into the studio. As soon as we walk in, we see the other three guys waiting for us. “Where’ve you guys been?”, asks Danny. “Doesn’t Dave need to track vocals?”

Putting my bag down on a chair, I tell them, “Nope. We decided that he’d just do double the work tomorrow. Plus, we were kind of celebrating.”

“Oooh. What for?”, asks Zack curiously.

“Well.”, I say slowly, looking at each of them. “I talked to Morgan Dorr of Boys Like Girls and he said he’d check you guys out! And thank god all of you are here. You can each choose a song and we’ll show him five songs. Make sure your selections encompass everything you can do. And I’ll choose one too.”

Half an hour later, all of us finally decided on the five songs I’d tell Morgan to check out. A Reason to Love, Be Your Burden, My Way Out, Don’t Run Away, and Here to Stay. “Alright boys. Let’s put these songs into a playlist on YouTube, and I can text the link to Morgan. I hope he loves you guys as much as I do. Even half as much as I do, and you guys are so in.”, I say excitedly.

“Here they are Morgan! :) http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC5EB4539B1002492 ”
♠ ♠ ♠
TRALALAA. i feel very holiday-y, so here is another chapter. i'm SO CONFLICTED. i don't know who i like britt better with and where i'm writing i need HELP. this is like, a dave moment. and not gonna lie, i have a LOT of dave moments later on. i think i'm gonna write a few morgan ones now. i'm about on chapter...12ish i think? BUT INPUT PLEASE? :DD

and then the usual, read, comment, sub, rec? :D ♥

by the way, that link actually works if you wanna copy and paste and check out the playllist yea ^.^