Status: Possible new story!

Made of Plastic, It's Not Fantastic!

Pancakes

BOBBI:

gurglygurglygoopygloop

Ugh, what is that noise?

I squeezed my stomach to get it to stop talking to me. It was so loud, I wondered how Tristan could still be sleeping. I peeked over at him and decided that he was probably the most beautiful sleeper in the whole wide world. His shoulder was just inches from mine and I could feel his warmth bouncing off of me. It was such a wonderful feeling.

gurglygurglygoopygloop

I huffed, frustrated with that scary noise coming from inside me. I assumed it was another human thing, but I couldn't be certain until Tristan woke up. I was ready to get up and going and enjoy the human world, but Tristan took his human life for granted. I thought he would sleep forever.

I was about to groan again over my stomach when I suddenly experienced a glorious scent that filled my nostrils to the brim. It was sweet and comforting and lovely and delicious...

Of course, I was hungry!

The scent was so inviting I could barely take it. I carefully climbed over Tristan without disturbing him and curiously followed my nose into a human world unknown to me.

~oOo~

TRISTAN:

When she wasn't lying there next to me, I thought it was all a dream. I almost laughed at myself for believing it was real, but I saw Molly's beach towel hanging over my door and realized it was the farthest thing from a dream.

I shot up from the bed and scanned my eyes over the room. "Bobbi?"

Why the hell would she just walk out on her own? I'm sure she knew her way around the house, but she was still so vulnerable. Why didn't I feel her get out of bed?

I smelled pancakes and stopped breathing.

"Shit!" I jumped out of the bed and barreled down the staircase. "Mom!"

My mother was sitting at the kitchen table with her arms folded across her chest. On her left, Molly was adding some pancakes to her overload of syrup. You can guess who was on her right, pausing mid-chew to stare at me.

"Good morning. You didn't mention you had a friend staying over?" Mom looked for me to explain immediately.

I grabbed a fistful of hair on top of my head. "Yeah, Bobbi stayed really late last night, too late to go home alone..." I didn't know how much longer I could lie and get away with it.

"Where did she sleep?" Molly asked me.

I glanced at Bobbi briefly, but she took it as a call for help. "Tristan shared his bed with me. It was very kind of him." She said it with a proud smile.

I dropped my face in my hands.

"Okay, well I need to run some errands and you need to take care of Molly while I'm gone, understand?" Mom stood up from the table and grabbed her keys on the counter. "I'll see you later." She kissed Molly's head and smiled at Bobbi before she rubbed my arm on her way out. I knew that was nowhere near the end of it.

"Are you one of Tristan's new friends? Because Mommy doesn't like them very much..." Molly nearly missed her mouth while eating.

"Bobbi isn't friends with them. Mind your own business." I bent over in the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

"Do you like Tristan's friends, Molly?" Bobbi asked her.

"Not his new ones. I like Steve. Why don't you play with Steve anymore?"

"I don't know." I lied.

"Who's Steve?"

"Tristan's old friend. He's funny. One time he drew on Tristan's face when he was sleeping and then he --"

"Molly," I cut her off. "Why don't you go play upstairs?"

"But--"

"Go on."

I waited until she was done whining and was well up the staircase to start taking to Bobbi. She stacked her plate on top of Molly's. "Tristan,"

"We need to establish some ground rules." I sat in the chair across from her.

"You were still sleeping, and I was so hungry. Your mother is very nice, she offered me these pancakes and they were delicious!"

"Bobbi, you can't just go wandering around without me. You still have a lot to learn before you can talk to people."

"It's not rocket science. I know how to talk to people."

I laughed. "Oh yeah? And mentioning to my mom that we shared a bed last night seems okay to you?"

She shrugged. "It's the truth."

I stared at her, looked right into her sparkly little eyes, and wondered if I should explain to her how half of the world depended on lies. "Well you can't stay here again tonight. Mom will freak out."

Her face twisted in fear. "Where will I sleep?"

"I have no idea, Bobbi. I have school tomorrow, and you can't come with me. I have no idea what I'm going to do with you."

Our eyes connected again as we both realized there was too much to handle in one day. She would have to be able to take care of herself by tomorrow, there was no other choice.

She started looking uncomfortable, drawing her eyes away and chewing her lip. "I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

I sighed, leaning back in the chair and rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "You don't have to apologize." She still looked so guilty. "I'll take you to find some clothes to wear that aren't mine."

"You mean go shopping?" She spit out the word like sour milk. "No thank you."

"Where else are you going to find clothes?"

She frowned. "Can't I just wear yours?"

It would be one less task to worry about. "Okay, fine. For now, anyway." I caught the smile on her face and matched it with mine. "But what will you do while I'm at school?"

"I'll figure it out. I'm smarter than you think." She winked at me like there was some kind of underlying meaning.

I just laughed again. "If you say so."