Status: Possible new story!

Made of Plastic, It's Not Fantastic!

Trusting Tristan

TRISTAN:

Julie came out of her room first. She looked really bored, her arms dangling at her sides and her eyes half-rolling. "I think she has enough to wear for a few days."

I sat up straighter on her sofa, waiting for Bobbi to come out behind her. I had to admit I would slightly miss seeing her in my t-shirts...

Bobbi looked even more bored than Julie, but at least she was wearing clothes that fit. "Nice." I told her.

She looked down at her blue plaid button-down shirt and faded jean shorts and shrugged, not really thrilled but not upset. "I guess."

"I packed her two more shirts and two pairs of shorts." Julie tossed a backpack at me.

I smiled at her. "Thanks, Jules." She liked the nickname I'd given her and smiled back at me.

Bobbi became impatient. "Um, can we leave now? Please?"

I looked at her. "Sure, are you ready?"

She nodded eagerly, her big blue eyes peeking between Julie and I. That plaid shirt matched her eyes almost perfectly, and her shorts might've been a little too short on her long legs. Honestly, she looked hot.

That's what worried me.

~oOo~

BOBBI:

Oh my God.

What if they didn't like me? What if I forgot how to speak like last time? What if they knew I wasn't really human? What if I --

"Bobbi," Tristan soothed my nerves which were nearly shot to hell. I looked down at my knee, his hand covering it as he was driving. I realized it was bouncing up and down like a jumping bean. I stopped bouncing.

"Are we almost there?" I asked.

He looked up through the windshield and I noticed we were already parked by the curb.

"Calm down. It's just a party." He was already getting out of the car.

I got out myself and quickly wondered what Teresa would say to me right now. I bet she would call me a chicken and to get my ass in there to have fun with my new human life.

That's exactly what I was going to do.

Tristan stopped us before we reached the front lawn. "Now, all you have to remember is to ask me before you drink anything and don't go anywhere alone with anyone, unless I say it's okay."

He made it sound like we were going into a radioactive lab. "Um, okay."

"You'll be fine. Trust me." His sideways smile basically slapped me in the face. "And don't forget to have fun."

There was a whole lot going on when we walked in the house. There were lots of people, but hardly any of them noticed us squeezing by them. I was smeared with mixtures of perfume and cologne and sweat as we brushed past so many human bodies.

Tristan found one of his friends holding two plastic red cups. He led me up to the boy when a space between people opened up.

"Hey, this is my friend, Danny." Tristan said. He had to shout a little over the music.

I looked up at Danny, a strange, glazed look in his eye that made me uneasy. "Hi." I said weakly.

"Hi there. Bobbi, right?" He put one of those red cups in my hand. "We met at Tristan's party last week."

I assumed he was one of the boys that let me in the house. "Oh." I said. I sniffed the foamy yellow drink in the cup. It smelled horrible. "What is this?"

Danny laughed a little too hard at me. Tristan nodded. "Try it. It'll help loosen you up."

I trusted him, so I took the smallest sip I could manage. My tongue was burning with an awful aftertaste.

Tristan must've seen the look on my face and took the cup from me. "Why don't you go with Danny? Maybe he can find you something you'll like." Tristan took a sip from my cup and didn't even cringe.

I looked back at Danny, his elbow held out for me to take. Tristan seemed to trust him, and I trusted Tristan, so I went with Danny.

I shouldn't have went with Danny.