Status: Possible new story!

Made of Plastic, It's Not Fantastic!

"Hello."

BOBBI:

"You chickened out, you little --"

"He was holding me with his actual hands! I panicked, okay?" Tristan never touched me before. His hands were so much bigger and rougher than Molly's. "And then he was staring at me, like he was waiting for me to say something."

"So why didn't you?" I didn't expect Teresa to understand.

I kicked the plastic purse in the Dream House at the plastic purple wall. "I don't know!"

"You two already have something in common. You like to kick crap all over the place."

I gave Teresa a look. I was starting to worry she was mocking me. "Really, because he talks alot like you."

"Look, Molly took Barbie and Ken to her sleepover tonight. That gives you plenty of time to find Tristan again."

Again? I wasn't sure I could do it again. I didn't like the way I froze with fear. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"He heard you, right?"

"I think so."

Teresa made her way over to the pink clothes bin. "Well, talk louder next time so you know so."

I paced the floor while she lost herself in a mass of dresses and blouses and pants. "What are you doing?"

"You are not wearing that...dress." Teresa tried to control herself. "Put these on." She draped a pair of jeans and a Mickey Mouse t-shirt over my shoulder.

I followed her orders and felt alot more like myself. I also felt all tingly inside, and my rubber knees were wobbling like crazy. I had to re-braid my hair three times before I got it right.

Midge was too busy tending to Barbie's fairy horses to notice me sneaking out of Molly's bedroom. Teresa promised she would cover for me.

Since when was the hallway so long?

I judged the distance and decided I should run if I didn't want to get caught. I squeezed through the crack the door allowed open and peered inside.

Tristan was lying on his bed, fast asleep. I took it as an advantage and climbed up the blankets to stand on the mattress beside his head.

It was the closest I'd ever been to him. His face was a mere foot away (well, a human foot) and it was fascinating. His dark eyelashes curled up from his cheeks, and his floppy brown hair imitated a shark's fin on his head. I counted the freckles on his nose.

He let out a sigh and almost knocked me off of my feet. I didn't mind, though. I could have watched him all day. Humans were fascinating.

Suddenly, his hand next to his face swung down and hit me square in the middle when he shifted positions. I fell back on my bottom.

I froze again when his honey colored eyes fluttered open, focused directly on me. 

I moved my knee just a little, but he looked down at it questionably. His head raised a bit to see me upright instead of sideways.

I swallowed my fear and waved my tiny hand. "Hello."

Tristan blinked harshly, his eyes wider the next time. "What..."

"Um," I tucked my legs in like a pretzel and tossed a loose strand of hair behind my back. "I'm...I'm Bobbi."

Tristan rolled onto his back and shoved his fists into his eyes. "How long was I out?" He asked himself, checking the clock. He scrambled and cursed under his breath.

I steadied myself as he leapt out of bed and scurried around his room like a squirrel who forgot where he buried his nuts. Did he even notice me? He heard me, didn't he? I was sure he heard me.

I wasn't going to let him get away that fast. "Hey," My voice was drowned out by the banging of his drawers. "Excuse me? Hey! TRISTAN!"

He perked up then like a dog to a whistle. He looked out his doorway. "Mom?"

"Over here, stupid."

His eyes travelled to meet mine again. I stood up in the smushy blankets so he could see me better. 

"I'm talkin' to you." I said, irritated.

Tristan shook his head. "I must be dreaming."

"It's rude to ignore people when they're talking to you." I informed him.

He slapped the side of his face a few times. "Wake up, wake up..."

"Are you going to apologize or not?" I didn't know where this was coming from.

Tristan flinched nervously when a car horn blared outside. I had a bad feeling he was just going to leave me here.

He approached the side of the bed and snatched me up in his hands. "Hey!"

"Maybe there's some kind of button..." He mumbled, turning my back to face him.

I heard him stripping the Velcro on my shirt. I squealed. "What are you doing! Stop it!"

Tristan dropped me to the bed. I bounced a bit, my hair a knotted mess again.

~oOo~

TRISTAN:

I'm literally losing my mind. I wasn't drinking, and I wasn't drunk, but this doll was speaking to me, moving like a miniature human being.

Danny's car horn shook me again.

The doll folded her arms. "Are those your friends?"

Maybe it was my subconsious mind trying to tell me something. "Uh..."

"You can go with them." The doll gave me permission. "I'll just wait here until you get back."

Great, I wasn't getting rid of her anytime soon.  If I didn't do something now, she'd follow me to the party and embarass the hell out of me when I started talking to myself.

I peered out the blinds of my window at the headlights. Danny would be pissed if I ditched him.

I looked back at the doll, watching me expectantly, and tugged on the string to close the blinds.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks a million readers/commenters/subscribers!! I'm glad you're actually interested in this story :)