Status: Possible new story!

Made of Plastic, It's Not Fantastic!

Traumatic Event

BOBBI:

I stayed sprawled across the floor, staring at the silvery metal blades with the bright pink handles as they taunted me from a short distance away.

"Bobbi?" Teresa was cautious. My reaction to such a traumatic event wasn't exactly what they expected. 

"Oh, my!" Barbie covered her eyes. "What a nightmare!"

A nightmare, indeed. Molly cut my hair.

It wouldn't have bothered me if I saw it coming. Heck, I probably would have laughed about it. But Molly's little mischevious ways caught me off guard, and now a huge clump of hair was missing on my left side.

"It's actually sort of stylish." Midge went along trying to comfort me. "Alot of humans have asymmetrical hairstyles these days."

I bent myself at the middle and sat up, feeling over my left shoulder for hair that was completely and eternally gone. 

"Molly's a freaking beast. Whoever decided to give her scissors deserves to be arrested." Teresa stated. "You look hot anyway, Bobbi."

I still wasn't sure what to think. Yes, the old me would be making jokes like the rest of them. But now I had reasons to look decent, reasons to actually care.

"Molly, where did you put the scissors?...Oh, crap."

Barbie, Teresa, and Midge dropped dead on the floor at Tristan's booming voice. They all weren't entirely aware of my...aquaintance.

Tristan snatched me up off the floor along with the pink scissors. The rapid elevation made my head spin.

"Who the hell gave Molly scissors? She could have cut your head off!" He yelled in my face, like it was my fault.

I clenched my teeth and shushed him through them. I jerked my thumb over my shoulder to encourage him to leave the room.

Tristan's large and adorable eyes peeked down at my plastic friends. He rolled his lips and casually exited with me and Molly's weapon of choice.

In the safety of Tristan's room, I exploded. "I look like I got run over by the Corvette!"

Tristan just snickered at me.

"It isn't funny!"

"It kind of is. Relax, Molly's only five." He leaned back in a chair and propped his feet up beside me on a desk. "She didn't know what she was doing." 

I huffed in the dramatic way Barbie would. "What happened to almost getting my head cut off?"

Tristan shrugged his shoulders. "They're only kid scissors. They can't do that kind of damage."

I gathered the only long clump of hair I had left. "It's all gone!"

Tristan was well over the crisis. "It's just hair. Besides, it'll grow back."

I gave him the greatest 'really, Tristan?' look I'd ever given.

He managed to look guilty. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize --"

"Yeah, whatever." I didn't let him know how much it hurt me. I lifted the scissors in the air and held them out to him. "Here."

"I'll hide them from her." 

"No." I gathered up my hair again and stared down at it. "I want you to cut the rest of it."

Tristan set the scissors down again. "No way. Molly will know that I did it and she'll blame the whole thing on me."

"Well I'm not going to walk around looking like I got in a fight with a vacuum cleaner!"

"What do you want me to do, then?"

"Cut it off!"

"No!"

"Why?"

"Molly will get me in trouble!"

"She's only five, like you said! Afraid of a little five year old?"

"Never!"

"Then cut my hair!"

"Bobbi, honestly --"

"Dammit, Tristan cut it off!"

He finally gave in. "Fine." Tristan clipped the rest off in one snip. I now had a decent looking haircut that fell to my shoulders. It was different, but not as bad as I thought.

"See?" I snarled at him. "Wasn't so hard, now was it?"

Tristan wiped his face with his hands, looking emotionally exhausted. "I can't believe I just argued with a doll."

I looked down and kicked around my yellow hair. "I wish you wouldn't remind me so often."

"Remind you what?"

I picked up a handful of hair to examine it. "That I'm just a doll."

Tristan stared at me, and I wondered what he was thinking. I couldn't guess what my expression was, probably something grumpy. I was too chicken to look at myself in the mirror with the new haircut. So why was he staring at me?

"You look cute." He muttered.

I almost barfed. "What?"

He caught himself early, before the mess. "You hair. It's a good look for you."

I played with the frayed ends some more. "Thank you." 

"It's different from Barbie." He added. "I saw her in Molly's room."

I tried not to roll my eyes. "Barbie," I snorted. "Gorgeous, right?"

Tristan shrugged one shoulder, pursing his lips. Then he said something I'd never heard from a man's mouth: "She's alright."
♠ ♠ ♠
hello! sorry the update took soooooo long. i'm definitely going to update more often now :) thanks for reading!!