Status: Possible new story!

Made of Plastic, It's Not Fantastic!

"It's me."

TRISTAN:

If she didn't look at me like I was the only face she recognized, I wouldn't have even considered it. But she did, she looked at me like I was her only hope left in the world, the only person she could see in that room full of people. And she was wearing Molly's beach towel.

She looked like her. She was kind of tall, with messy blonde hair that fell to her shoulders and a perfectly proportioned body. Her eyes were too blue to be real. But could it really...

Julie stood up beside me. Her face was a dark shade of red. "Who's she?"

When Julie spoke, it was like a switch was flipped. The girl became suddenly aware of all the people staring at her, specifically Julie. She breathed heavily, and I thought she was going to pass out.

"D-do I know you?" I asked cautiously.

The girl's eyes lit up instantly. "Tristan, it's me." She whispered.

I took a risk. I scraped Julie off of me and grabbed onto the girl's elbow in the same general movement. I didn't say anything, but she still followed my lead up to my room. I ignored the hoots and whistles that were directed at us.

I swung her into the room and closed the door behind us. In the safety of my bedroom, we both exploded. "What the hell! How did this happen?!"

She dropped her jaw. "Oh my God!"

"What did you do? How did you -- what did you do?!"

"Oh my God!"

"Where were you? Why were you outside? Where are your clothes?"

"Oh my God!"

"Why do you keep saying that?!" I realized then that she wasn't looking at me, but behind me, at the mirror on the back of my door.

~oOo~

BOBBI:

Oh my God!

It's one thing to feel human, but to see yourself for the first time in human flesh...

Oh my God.

Tristan finally stepped out of the way so I could see myself completely. My reaction only intensified.

He sighed, wiping his hand over his face. "I really think I'm losing my mind here, Bobbi. This is crazy, you know that, don't you?"

I glared at him for being so selfish. "You're losing your mind, huh? How do you think I feel right now?!"

"You're a doll! You're not supposed to talk, let alone come to life! What does that say about my sanity?"

"I am not a doll! I'm..." I glanced at myself in the mirror again, a slow smile spreading across my face. "Human! Tristan, I'm human!"

I leaped toward him and threw my arms around his neck. For the first time in my whole life, I felt the strength of his shoulders, the heat of his body, and the texture of his skin all at once. I nestled my face in his shoulder, inhaling the smoky but wonderful scent of his t-shirt. It was heavenly.

I felt him catch the towel on my back and tuck it closer around me. "You really need some clothes."

My face went hot and I stepped away from him. "Right."

Stepping away only called for more fascination. Tristan stood only a foot away, and everything about him was so much clearer. The freckles on his nose, the honey in his eyes...all of it made me feel so weak.

"You're kind of dirty," He noticed, grimacing at me. "Maybe you should shower first."

I frowned at the dirty smudges on my skin. "Shower?"

Tristan rolled his eyes. "Right, Molly only takes baths." He placed his hands on my back and guided me down the hall to the bathroom. "All you have to do is stand under the water and wash your hair and body. You can do that, right?"

He turned the handle and a stream of water fell from the ceiling. It was very intimidating. "Will you help me?"

Tristan looked at me like I'd just eaten a squirrel and then he laughed out loud. "Bobbi, that's not something I can help you with."

"Why not?"

I liked the way his eyebrows wrinkled his forehead when I confused him. "Seriously?"

I switched my eyes from him to the water and back to him. "Oh! I'm supposed to be naked in there?"

He slapped his palm to his forehead. "I'll put some clothes on my bed when you're finished."

~oOo~

TRISTAN:

The bathroom was just starting to fog up when I closed the door behind me. I didn't realize she was so freaking clueless. I guess Molly's innocence rubs off on her toys.

I went back to my room to find something for Bobbi to wear, but Julie was sitting on my bed. I held in a complaint.

"Who is that girl?" She demanded.

"She's my cousin." I decided. "She has...trouble with big crowds."

Julie scoffed. "Well she should learn to control herself."

I didn't really know how to respond to that. "Yeah." I plopped down on the bed on my back and covered my face with a pillow.

"What's wrong?" Damn, her voice was so sexy.

My voice was muffled through pillow. "My head is killing me."

I felt her hands on my chest, moving up to my shoulders. "Maybe I can help you with that?"

I wanted to say yes so badly, but I remembered Bobbi in the shower. "I can't, Julie. Not tonight."

She stiffened and stopped touching me. "Fine."

I felt guilty, so I sat up and kissed her. "Go back downstairs and have fun."

She smiled at me. "I'll see you later."

As she was leaving, Bobbi was squeezing past her and back into my room.

I cleared my throat. "Well that was fast."

Bobbi frowned. "Should it have taken longer?"

I shook my head, laughing on the inside at the ridiculous situation. "No, that was perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks a million lovely commenters and subscribers! you guys make me so happy!