Into the Wild...Boyz

A Job's A Job

Darcie Miller kept one eye on the phone in her hand and kept her other eye on pedestrians as she coasted down the sidewalk on her skateboard. She quickly pocketed her phone to jump a curb and continued on her way, past a couple rundown buildings and businesses that were boarded up. This was definitely a sketchy part of town, she noted and she wondered just what kind of company she was interviewing with as she rounded a corner. She came to a slow stop in front of a building that matched the address on her phone. She picked up her skateboard and quickly ducked inside.

The lobby was filled with other potential interviewees but that didn’t deter her at all. She was amused though by all the different people that were there with her. Surely they weren’t all there to interview for the same company. There were prissy looking secretary types, drop dead gorgeous actress types, and a couple of guys that sat there in suits. She was the only one that dressed casual in khakis and a plain, white v-neck shirt. She confidently strode to the desk to sign in, her skateboard tucked under her arm. She felt all eyes in the waiting area on her and sizing her up but she didn’t care. Just as she was about to sign the sign in sheet, a tall man walked into the lobby from the hallway and took a look around at the people in the waiting area as if he was choosing who to call next. He promptly swiped the clipboard as she was in mid-signature. She looked up at him with a slight scowl on her face and noticed he had really nice blue eyes. He was too busy looking at the clipboard to notice her scowl but he felt her eyes on him. His finger traced down the paper then tapped the board. Finally he looked up at Darcie, well; he looked down at her rather because he was definitely taller than she was.

“Darcie Mill?” he said and looked over her head at the people in the waiting area.

“Miller”, she said. “I’m Darcie Miller.”

“But the clipboard says Mill”, he said and shrugged. “Follow me.” He took off down the short hallway and Darcie followed, doing her best to keep up since he had a longer stride than she did. They walked into an office and he shut the door behind her. “Take a seat, Miss Mill. Oh, I mean, Miller. Sorry. So you skate?”

“Yeah”, she said as she sat down in front of the desk and he took a seat behind it. He kicked back in his chair and put his feet up on the desk.

“That’s cool. A lot of us around the office skate. So, got a résumé?”

“Sure”, she replied and dug into her messenger bag. She leaned over to hand him the folder and he snatched it away from her. He tapped his index finger against his chin thoughtfully as he read it over and flipped a couple pages. A few “hmms” escaped his lips and an “oh wow” came out of his mouth. He nodded his head at a few things as well. His feet came down from the desk with a thud.

“You have Casey Brisby as one of your references?” he asked her.

“Yes. She told me about the job”, replied Darcie.

“That chick is such a bitch”, he said as he closed the folder and slid it across the desk to her.

“She’s not so bad”, said Darcie as she returned the folder to her messenger bag. “Her sister is my best friend.”

“Why didn’t you put her sister down as a reference then?”

“Because Casey has a bigger name? Um, is that really relevant to the interview?”

“Probably not.” He got up from the desk and decided to look out the expansive window of his office, his hands clasped behind his back as he tried to act all business-like. “Miss Miller, this job you’re interviewing for is a very strenuous job. It’s a very delicate working environment and takes someone with courage and heart to deal with said delicate working environment. Do you think you’re capable of handling that, Miss Miller?”

“I’m capable of handling anything, sir.”

“Don’t call me sir. My name is Jeff. Did I not say that when we got in here?”

“No, you never introduced yourself to me.”

“You don’t know who I am?”

“Can’t say that I do.”

“Fresh meat”, he muttered as he returned to his desk. “You’re familiar with Jackass, right?”

“Sure, I’ve seen it a couple of times.”

“And the movie? What’d you think of the movie?”

“Just seemed like an hour and a half episode of the show to me. I mean that with no disrespect.”

“None taken. Well, Miss Miller, Darcie”, he smiled. “I think you have yourself a job. I like your work history, I like the fact that you dabbled in graphic arts. I’m not too happy with the fact that you know Casey Brisby but not all of us are perfect.” He got up from his chair and extended his hand to her. She got up and took it and he shook it vigorously. “Welcome aboard. You start tomorrow at 8 am sharp.”

“Thank you, Jeff.”

“You’re very welcome. Could you do me a favor and tell the rest of the people in the waiting room to get the hell out?”

Darcie shrugged, “sure no problem.” She grabbed her messenger bag and skateboard and walked out of Jeff’s office. A couple minutes rolled by and he could audibly hear her tell everyone in the waiting room to get the hell out and he smiled. This young lady was definitely going to be fun to work with.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I noticed there weren't many stories on Mibba about WildBoyz so I'm taking a stab at it. Plus we get to see how Darcie came into the company and met Steve-O. Should be a very interesting ride. Hope you guys enjoy this. There will be many, many cameos and this might even go into the second movie as well.