Into the Wild...Boyz

Not Your Type

His kisses were divine, a little sloppy but Darcie was sure it was just the alcohol. Whatever it was, she didn’t care because she was enjoying it. She caressed his back as their kissing intensified. She was a little surprised at how soft his skin was. Like a coat, a soft, hairy coat.
Darcie’s eyes popped open and were greeted by the sweet, handsome face of Hamlin, Casey’s Golden Retriever. What a mood killer. She sat straight up and gently pushed the two year old dog off of her. She thought for sure she heard him whimper since she nudged away his advances. She heard giggling coming from the kitchen where Savannah stood, a cup of coffee in her hand.

“You suck”, Darcie croaked. Her voice was still thick with sleep.

“Sorry about that”, replied Savannah with as much sincerity as she could muster without bursting out loud laughing.

“Why didn’t you just take me home?” moaned Darcie as she held her head. Savannah was nice enough to hand her a bottle of water which she graciously took from her.

“Well you were passed out cold after we dropped off Steve-O and I wasn’t about to carry you up to your third floor apartment.”

“What’s with the dog?”

“I have to take Hamlin to the groomer. Casey’s too busy for it today. So hurry up and get ready. I can drop you off at the office after I drop Hamlin at the groomer’s.”

“Dare I ask the time?”

“A quarter after nine”, said Savannah. The smell of brewing coffee tickled Darcie’s senses and made her sort of queasy. “So do what you have to do to get ready. Borrow whatever you need.” Darcie groaned. “Hey don’t worry. A little bird said Jeff won’t be at the office until well after eleven. Time’s on your side. I have bagels if you want one.”

“Ew, food.” Darcie made a face as she got up from the couch and trudged past Savannah to start her day.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Darcie managed to sneak into the office undetected and disappeared straight into her cubicle. She silently vowed never to drink like the previous night ever again as she slowly got herself into her day. Her head pounded with that constant reminder. While she got situated, she could hear movement just outside of her little “office”. Steve-O trudged in with Chris and made a beeline for the couch in the room where he threw himself at it.

“I’m so hung over still, dude”, he rasped.

“Well get un-hungover. We’ve got that interview with MTV2 today.” Steve-O just groaned a response and Chris laughed. “So how was the ride home last night? I saw you leave with Darcie and Savannah.”

Steve-O only smiled. “Well at first I didn’t think we’d get out of the parking lot in Savannah’s car. That thing gives beater a whole new meaning. But other than that it was fun. I was pretty drunk though.” He gave a little laugh.

“Did you get any at least?”

“Chris, I barely know either of them. Although I do remember climbing into the backseat with Darcie.”

“Oh yeah?” Chris grinned. “And then what happened?”

“Well I remember there was cuddling.” Steve-O chuckled.

Darcie’s interest was piqued as Chris and Steve-O continued talking. She felt a bit bad for eavesdropping while she sat there but it really wasn’t her fault that people easily forgot about the non-descript cubicle and who occupied it.

“So there was cuddling”, said Chris.

“I told you I barely know her, dude.”

“Well that’s never stopped you before.”

“Maybe I was too drunk for anything else.”

“And that never stopped you before either.”

“She’s different, I guess. Not really my type.”

“Now I’m disappointed. I’m married now. I have to live vicariously through you or even Knoxville now that he’s practically divorced. Your answers are a big letdown.”

Truth be told, Chris wasn’t the only one in the room that was let down. Darcie had a slight frown on her face as she turned her attention back to work. It could’ve been worse though and she was glad Savannah decided to drop Steve-O off first the night before. She couldn’t help but wonder for the rest of the day what Steve-O’s type was though.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The interview for MTV2 was a little bit of a blur for Steve-O and his thoughts kept drifting towards Darcie for some unknown reason. He had no clue as to why. He said so himself that she wasn’t really his type. As of late, he really didn’t have a type. Ready and willing was the only criteria he needed really. Darcie didn’t seem to fit that description, even if she was drunk the other night.

But the blonde that MTV2 sent over to interview him and Chris definitely seemed to fit the description. She was tall, statuesque, gorgeous big, blue eyes and legs that went on for days. And she was totally flirting with him during the interview. Steve-O didn’t even know her name, he really didn’t care. And as they hooked up in one of the storage closets in the office after the interview, Darcie was the furthest thing from his mind.

“You’ll call me, right?” asked the blonde as she fixed her skirt and slipped back into her high
heels.

“Yeah sure, Babe”, Steve-O replied. It was a half-hearted response. He had no intention of calling her or ever seeing her again as he opened the door for her to let her out. To her credit, she looked up then down the hall and quickly ducked out. She didn’t see Darcie in the hallway as she made a quick exit but Steve-O did as he left the closet. “Uh”, he sort of faltered. “I was giving her a tour. Pretty thorough one.”

“Right”, said Darcie. “Guess she must’ve been your type.” And with that being said, she walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry my updates are going a little slower than anticipated. Thank you to my readers, subscribers and commentors. You guys are awesome :)