Status: Active

The Sutton Show

Episode 5: Americana

“Sutton?” Glancing around confused, I smiled when I saw the boy standing a few feet away from me, waving at me with a big, goofy grin plastered on his face.

“Max! What a surprise! What are you doing here?” I questioned, once I stood in front of him.

“Oh, dropping a friend off at school. I take it you had class, then?”

I pulled on the strings at the end of my backpack, nodding. “That I did.”

“Hey, have you had lunch, yet? There’s this really great place that has burgers that are almost as good as the ones at Maggie’s Diner.”

I glanced at him shocked. “First off, you’ve been to Maggie’s Diner?! Is that place like heaven on earth or what?” Max chuckled as I continued. “But, yes. I would love to go get a burger.”

“Well, alright then. I parked over here,if you wanna take my car?” I nodded, following him silently down the smooth path that leads to the parking lot.

As we walked, I couldn’t help but take glances of the boy next to me. In some ways, him and Harry were similar - both had brown hair, though Max’s was a bit darker, and both were tall. But there were other features about Max that Harry didn’t have - like his blue eyes that always seemed to dance about in a playful manner or his height. Either way the two boys were both handsome.

“So what are you studying, Sutton Taylor?” Max asked, as we made it to his car. He walked to drivers’ side as I opened the passenger, the smell of pine needles instantly hitting my nose.

“Psychology,” I said, glancing around the inside of the car. The car was nice, and the inside was even nicer. I supressed a laugh as I noticed how clean his car actually was; he must be one of those people who can’t stand anything inside their car.

“Ah, psychology. I love that stuff. What made you decide to do that?” he asked, pulling out of the parking lot.

“I don’t know. I guess, I’m fascinated by the way people think and act, and why the act certain ways, you know? Do you study psychology?”

“No, I’m actually an actor.” he flashed a smile at me, as I felt my eyebrows rise.

“An actor, huh? Anything I may recognize?”

“Unless you’re familiar with British television probably not. I have a role in this one show, called The Liar.”
I chuckled, “Sounds dramatic.”

“Oh, it definitely is.” I looked out the window as I realized Max had parked the car outside a building, hosting a large sign with red letters reading: Americana.

“This place is the best to go when you’re feeling homesick. They serve only American type food, not to mention a bunch people visiting from home are here.” I grinned. I love England, but the thought having a place that not only served food I was accustomed to but also had people with the same home country as me, was a relief.

The two of us walked into the restaurant, taking a seat in a booth in the far right corner. Almost as soon as we sat down, the waiter came by, and before I could say a word, Max beat me to it, ordering us both a cheeseburger and french fries.

I bit my lip, trying not to let the fact that Max just ordered for me without even asking me what I wanted, get to me. He was just being a gentleman. I reminded myself.

“So, what do you think of Grand ol’ England?” Max asked, grinning.

I laughed. “England is wonderful. It’s weird because in some ways it’s just like the States, but in others it’s just completely different.”

He nodded. Max opened his mouth to reply before shutting it tightly and looking behind me. “Sutton? What a surprise!”

I felt myself grinning at the sight of the curly haired boy in front of me. “Harry!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey look, this story still exists!

Okay, an apology is needed. I am very sorry for forgetting about this story and abandoning it! The lovely littlemisslonely was kind enough to remind me that this story still exists.

If there still out there wanting to read this, I am going to try and update this thing, though I may need some reminders every now and then. This is going to happen, okay? Okay.

Hope you enjoyed! Let me know what you think!
comments, recommendations, and subscriptions are always appreciated!