Status: Active

The Sutton Show

Episode 4: The Phone Call

"Doesn't he just sound amazing? I just, I can't believe I found someone so quickly that I actually really like." I said, falling back on my bed as my sister responded.

"That's pretty awesome. If he has any friends, I would very much like you to just send them over my way! Oh, here. Dad wants to talk to you. I'll hopefully talk to you soon, okay? Love you!" I smiled, thankful that I actually got to talk to my sister and fill her in on the last couple days and vice versa. I really had missed her.

"Love you too, Sare!" I laughed as I heard my sister and my dad yelling at each other about our family dog as the phone was handed off.

"Hi, pumpkin! How are you? How is that god awful British town?" he questioned.

"I'll have you know, London is absolutely fantastic thank you very much! I have no idea why you hate it so much." I spoke.

"Because that damn queen was able to take my little girl from me," I could practically see that little fake pout he always did as I chuckled.

"The queen says sorry."

"Well, at least she has manners. So, really, how is everything going? You doing okay? Don't miss me too much, right?"

"I think I miss you an appropriate amount. But it's good, Dad. It's really good." I couldn't help the stupid grin from crossing my face as I thought about everything that's happened in the days I've spent over here.

"I'm glad to here it. Hey, what's this your sister said about a boy, hmm? Didn't I say you weren't allowed to like those traitors?"

"Aren't we sorta the traitors since we went to war with ourselves just to start our own country?" I asked, trying my best to avoid the question and not to mention recall what I learned in grade school about the American revolution.

"That is true. Hey! Don't go off subject, here Missy! Tell me about this boy? Safe sex, right?"

"Oh my god, Dad! You did not just say that! But yes, I did meet a guy. His name is Harry and Dad, you would really like him. He's nice, and quirky, and cute, and I really like him." I gushed, waiting for my Dad's remark.

But after waiting a good two minutes I began to grow worried. What had I said that would make him not want to respond? "Dad? You still there?"

I heard him take a deep breath as he answered, "Look, Sudmuffin. I'm happy you found someone, really I am."

"But?" I asked, dreading his response.

"But, sweetheart, I don't want you to get hurt, okay? I just please be careful. Don't wear your heart on your sleeve here, I just-"

"I don't understand, Dad. You're always saying that it's okay if you jump into things. And it's okay to, like you just said, wear your heart on your sleeve! Why are you now contradicting yourself here?" I demanded.

"Sutton, it's not that I don't want you to wear your heart on your sleeve, that wasn't what I wanted to say. I just- honey I need to know you're going to be careful here. Can you please just promise me you'll be careful and have some sort of guard for this guy?"

"Why?"

"Because sometimes people aren't who you they seem. Look, I-I got to go. I love you, sweetheart. Please promise me?" he begged.

I frowned at the worried tone in his voice, nodding though he couldn't see me. "Okay. I-I promise. Love you too, Dad."

I heard the dial tone and sat up, more confused than ever. My dad never was the one for advice or warning me on things. So why did he feel the need to advise me to be careful for a guy I had just met and more importantly a guy he didn't even know?
♠ ♠ ♠
That took awhile, sorry!

So what do you think about the Dad? is he just being a typical dad or do you think there's something more to his words? Things are about to get crazy, though. I'll tell you that!

Big thanks to these wonderful people. You never cease to amaze me with your wonderful comments!
Shout outs:
valleydream
GoodGirl;
Clara.
teenage hearts


Let me know what what you think! Comment and subscribe, and of course thanks for reading!