Silly Of Me

Motivation

Chapter 4: Motivation


It’s the day before the auction. The event is semi-formal, so Ryan convinced Elyse that she should get a dress for the special event. Amelia is already set, so she didn’t have to go with the two to shop. Even though she offered, the two friends insisted that she stays home since Aaron was coming over so they could study. As soon as Ryan and Elyse left, Aaron came over and brought some food for him and Amelia so they can study with a happy stomach.

“So, let me get this straight, she’s going to model the final after our mid-terms?” Aaron questions.

“Basically, I’ve had her for another political science class. She basically just gives three questions and out of those three you pick two that you want to answer.” Amelia explains. “It’s basically like the mid-term, but longer and no multiple choice questions.”

“Her essays always kill me,” Aaron groans.

“It’s the easiest part of the test.” Amelia argues. “The multiple choice section is the one that damages me.”

“But that’s the easiest part. She tells you what you have to read.” Aaron counters.

Amelia laughs. “You’re setting yourself up, Aaron. She tells us what our possible essay questions are so we can study it. And besides, if you attend the lectures and you take notes, it’s a breeze.” She pats his back. “To top it off, she has her power points online.”

“Listen here Ms. Smarty Pants, I don’t need the lecture.” He pokes her side causing Amelia to giggle.

“We’re so lame, it’s a Friday and here we are, studying.” Amelia lets out a deep breath. “We should go out.”

“Are you asking me out on a date, Amelia?” Aaron wiggles his eyebrows causing Amelia to laugh and her pinks to turn a light shade of pink.

“No, I’m just saying, we should go hang out outside the confines of this apartment.” Amelia tells him. “I like staying home as much as the next person, but I like watching movies as well or something.” She tries not to stutter, even though her nerves are going wild.

“We can go to the movies if you want, maybe we can wait for Ryan and Elyse to come back and we can all go together?” Aaron suggests. He would love to go with her alone, but he’s not exactly sure how comfortable she might be with that idea. “We can even invite Brendan and Martha.”

“Really?” She asks excitedly. “I would love that! Like we can go have dinner first and then a movie. Or maybe we can go bowling!” The excitement on Amelia’s face brings a smile on Aaron’s.

“Whatever you want to do Amelia,” he answers.

“Okay! I’ll think about it, but for now, we should study so we can reward ourselves with a night out and a swimming event tomorrow.” Amelia hasn’t gone out for quite some time. It’s not like she was busy, but lately she prefer staying at home.

Aaron smiles and returns to his book as Amelia did the same. The two is ecstatic at the fact that they can actually study without being distracted by the other. Though Amelia’s crush continues to grow, she contains her feelings because of some girl code she honors. Even though she shouldn’t, she would feel better if she knew why the two broke up. Maybe then she can tell him how she feels, but she’s never been good with that.

For a complete hour, it was silent between the two, until the front door opens letting Ryan and Elyse in. Elyse goes to the kitchen to grab a water bottle and finds the two intently reading.

“We’re back,” Elyse announces.

Amelia looks up. “Were you able to find a dress?”

Ryan enters, grabbing the water bottle from Elyse and taking a sip of water. She rolls her eyes and snatches her water bottle back.

“No, Ryan wouldn’t let me get anything unless it reaches my ankles.” Elyse bitterly says. “Which is ridiculous by the way, this is semi-formal, I don’t need to come in a gown.”

“You don’t have you don’t need to show your legs either. You should just get some dress pants and a nice shirt,” Ryan suggests.

Aaron bites back a laugh, trying to keep his eyes on his book, while Amelia laughs.

“Wow, Ryan, honestly, are we still trying to dictate what Elyse wears?” Amelia questions.

“I know fashion, she should listen to my advice.” Ryan replies making Amelia laugh harder.

“Yes, fifty shades of green,” Amelia comments.

Aaron tries to hold in his laughter, but after Amelia’s comment he couldn’t hold it in anymore. He laughs out loud, placing his cheek against his book on the table. Ryan rolls his eyes at Amelia’s comment and Aaron’s laughter.

“Have your fun now, when I become a fashion designer, you’ll be begging me for my opinion.” Ryan tells them.

“Green’s not really my color.” Amelia replies.

Elyse joins in the laughter now causing Ryan to shoot her a look. She shrugs, shaking her head as she continues to laugh.

“You deserve this right now, especially since you wouldn’t let me get a dress.” She glares at him, poking his cheek.

“Elyse, honestly, who are you trying to impress in this event? Michael Phelps by any chance?”

“You like Phelps?” Aaron finally speaks up once the laughter finally went away.

Elyse sighs. “Ryan thinks I do, but I actually have no interest in Michael Phelps.”

“He’s a good looking guy,” Amelia says, Aaron turning towards her. “But I wouldn’t date him. You would look good with him, Elyse.”

“Don’t encourage her,” Ryan groans, leaving the kitchen.

Amelia laughs. “I’ll take you shopping in an hour or two. Go rest and we’ll find the perfect dress for you, no Ryan around to say anything.”

“That sounds amazing,” Elyse hugs her cousin from behind before leaving the room.

“You ever think Ryan has feelings for Elyse?” Aaron asks.

Amelia snorts. “Ryan? No, no way, Ryan wouldn’t go for someone like Elyse.”

“Are you calling your own cousin ugly?”

“No, Elyse is one of the most beautiful girls I know. I’m not calling her ugly.” Amelia quickly defends herself. “Elyse is not easy, she actually has a brain, and more importantly, she knows how Ryan is. Ryan wouldn’t exactly try to go for her, because I’m sure he would be afraid for their friendship.”

“Well, do you think Elyse has feelings for Ryan?”

“Nope, she likes Michael though.”

Aaron chuckles. “She does not, Michael is just like Ryan.”

“That may be, but Michael isn’t her best friend.”

“I don’t think Ryan would like that.” Aaron tells her.

Ryan, who was standing at the hallway beside the kitchen, walks in, his eyes locking on Amelia. He was on his way to the kitchen to grab some ice cream, but he overheard Amelia and Aaron talking about Michael and Elyse.

“She likes Phelps?” He questions her.

Aaron knows the look in Ryan’s eyes, he immediately stands up making his way over to the Olympic swimmer. “Hey, Ryan, come on, no need to get aggravated by this.”

“I’m not aggravated, I just don’t see why she couldn’t tell me she has a crush on Michael.” Ryan’s eyes never leave Amelia’s. They were not threatening, more like questioning her.

“Ryan, look, you’re not supposed to find out like this.” Amelia says to him. “She doesn’t love the guy or anything, just a little crush, it’s an attraction if anything.”

“So why can’t she tell me that?”

Amelia rolls her eyes. “Cause it’s you, Ryan. You’ll overreact and then try to hook her up with Phelps.”

“Wrong, I’ll tell her how much of an asshole Michael is,” Ryan scoffs. “It’s just a crush? Nothing more?”

“Nothing more,” Amelia reassures him.

“Fine, I’ll wait till she tells me.”

Amelia and Aaron both laugh. “No you’re not.” They say in unison, knowing somehow someway, he’ll spill it.

“I’m hurt by the lack of faith you both display.” Ryan feigns hurt.

“Ryan, its Elyse, you rarely keep anything from her.” Aaron argues.

“Yes, that may be true, but I’m capable of being an adult.”

“Yeah, okay,” Amelia chuckles, “Isn’t Michael going to be there tomorrow?”

“He will be, why? Going to place a bid on him, Amelia?” Ryan asks, veering the conversation away from Elyse. “Never saw him as your type. Always thought you had a thing for California boys.”

Aaron raises an eyebrow at Ryan’s statement, while Amelia tries her best control her urge to throw her book at Ryan and then beat him senseless with it.

“No, but maybe Elyse will.” Amelia smirks, Ryan chuckles.

“She won’t, we already decided that she’s making a bid on me to keep psycho away.” Ryan smugly tells her.

“We’ll see,” Amelia smiles sweetly at him before returning to her homework.

“Aaron, can we please get out of here? I need some time away from the girls.” Ryan groans.

Aaron laughs at Ryan, patting his back. “I’ll take him away for a bit, Amelia. I’ll text you the details for dinner tonight.” This catches Ryan’s attention, but before he can talk, Aaron roughly pats his back. “Let’s go man,” he pulls Ryan up. “I’ll leave my stuff here. We’ll see you girls later.” He drags Ryan out of the apartment as he calls out to Elyse to say goodbye to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I don’t know how you do it, Peirsol,” Ryan shakes his head as Aaron makes his way towards Brendan’s house. “She’s here with you day after day and what do you do? Nothing.”

“I don’t need you annoying me about this, Ryan. Brendan’s enough, honestly.” Aaron replies.

“Apparently you need more than one person pestering you.” Ryan tells him. “I just, Amelia’s right there, just take a chance.”

Aaron sighs. “Amelia wouldn’t say yes, she would reject me and that would just ruin the relationship we have now.”

“So what? You’re just going to continue pining for her and hoping, praying she won’t get a boyfriend?” Ryan asks.

“No, Amelia can do whatever she wants, it’s her life.” Aaron knows he doesn’t exactly believe in that statement. He would absolutely hate it if Amelia were to get into a relationship.

“Yeah, okay, this is why I like the fact Elyse is in Gainesville with me, I can watch over her and make sure no asshole breaks her heart.” Ryan proudly tells Aaron.

“And that’s why to this day she’s never had a boyfriend.” Aaron shakes his head.

“Hey, less heartache for her, I’m here for her.” Ryan reasons.

“Ryan, she’s going to need to experience a relationship. Well, maybe she doesn’t need to, but there will be a moment where you’ll be happy in your own relationship, I think you should give Elyse a chance to be happy in her own relationship.” Aaron argues.

"She won't be happy, guys will just break her heart." Ryan knows from experience that getting hurt is inevitable in life, no matter how hard someone tries to avoid it. Heartache always has a way of finding its way back. There are choices on preventing them although there are times something unexpected can happen and hurting is the only option. So if keeping a close eye on Elyse is one of the ways that Ryan can help prevent her from getting her heart broken, then he'd rather be over protective. He couldn't take the idea of seeing Elyse hurt.

“I understand, but come on Ryan, you’re not always going to be there.”

Ryan laughs. “Come on, Aaron, seriously. I’ll always be with Elyse.”

“What happens when you get married?”

“She can come along.”

It’s now Aaron’s turn to laugh. “I’m sure your wife to be will love that.”

“Well, if she’s not okay with it, I guess we’re not getting married.” Ryan shrugs.

“Ryan, do you ever think before you speak?”

“Come on, Aaron, if my wife can’t accept Elyse as part of the family, then maybe she’s not worth all the trouble. I can always sleep with women, that’s the essential part, really.”

“Don’t you want to have kids, Ryan? You always talk about having kids, then now if Elyse can’t be a part of your marriage, you no longer want a wife?”

“Elyse can be my wife. We’re a perfect team.” Ryan replies. “We understand each other better than anyone else does. She’s my support system and I’m hers. We’re practically married, honestly.”

Aaron’s mouth drops at Ryan’s words. The way he says it so casually, Aaron wonders if Ryan ever hears himself speak, just so he can check what he’s saying. If Aaron didn’t know any better, Ryan could possibly have feelings for Elyse. The way he talks about the future, it’s like he’s set for life. He’s not going to marry anyone else unless it’s Elyse.

“Ryan, did you just hear what you said? It’s like, you’re practically saying you’re going to marry Elyse.” Aaron points out to him.

“I’m not going to marry Elyse, but it’s a possibility. We made a pact when we were kids, by the time I’m twenty-eight years old and we’re both unattached, we get married.” Ryan replies.

“You’re turning twenty-eight in two months.”

“Well I guess we better start planning.” Ryan smiles.

Aaron shakes his head, pulling up to Brendan’s driveway. He couldn’t wait to tell his best friend about Ryan’s wise plans. The two men slides out of Aaron’s car, locking the car before making their way to Brendan’s front door. Before Ryan could ring the doorbell, Brendan opens the door, welcoming them in.

“Couldn’t take the girls anymore?” Brendan questions.

“You have no idea,” Ryan mumbles, stepping in making his way towards the backyard where Jason Lezak and Ian Crocker are lounging around, talking.

He greets the two veteran swimmers, before sitting on an empty seat between Ian and Brendan.

“What took you two so long?” Jason questions.

“I was studying with Amelia,” Jason and Ian eyes Aaron, giving each other knowing smiles. Aaron rolls his eyes as he settles on a seat beside Brendan, who’s sitting beside Ryan. “And Ryan went shopping with Elyse.”

“Will she be wearing a green dress and Nike’s?” Ian asks, poking fun of Ryan’s lovely fashion style.

“No,” Ryan rolls his eyes, annoyed by the constant ridiculing he gets from his teammates. As much as he hates to admit it, it’s actually quite funny. He knows they mean well. “She’s so hard to shop for, she wants to wear short dresses and it’s just ridiculous.”

Brendan laughs. “You’re complaining about short dresses? You usually have no problem with girls wearing short dresses. If I remember correctly, the shorter the better.”

“Elyse is different.”

“Unless Elyse has something else inside her pants, I’m sure she’s a woman.” Brendan retorts, making the rest of the boys laugh, besides Ryan.

“You guys suck, I’m sure you wouldn’t want your wives, girlfriends,” he turns to Aaron. “Whatever Amelia is to you, wearing short dresses.” Aaron ignores Ryan’s comment, waiting for him to go on.

“I actually don’t mind, Martha looks fantastic in a dress.” Brendan shrugs.

Ryan turns to Jason and Ian, they shrug, siding with Brendan. Aaron just chuckles and shakes his head.

“Amelia can wear whatever she wants. I don’t have a say in that.” Aaron replies.

“I wonder why that is,” Brendan rolls his eyes.

Aaron gives him a look making Brendan laugh, turning back to Ryan.

“Besides, Elyse isn’t your girlfriend, you shouldn’t dictate what she can or cannot wear.” Ian reasons with Ryan.

“Apparently, Elyse and Ryan have a pact that by the time he turns twenty-eight and he’s still single, they’re going to get married.” Aaron announces, turning to Ryan. “Guess you have a fiancé then?”

The other three swimmers look over at Ryan, unsure of what to say. To most of Team USA, Ryan and Elyse are best friends, that’s common knowledge, but at times, they doubt that’s all they are.

“You know that you and Elyse have the weirdest best friend type of relationship I’ve ever heard of.” Brendan speaks out first, of course. “I understand the dynamics of friendship, but you both really go above and beyond for one another.”

“I agree, you don’t let other guys talk to her. Even though we’re your friends, you know we’re attached to other people, you still watch her like she’s the most fragile thing in this world.” Ian adds. “Do you have feelings for her?”

Ryan laughs. “Me? For Elyse? What? No. No way, Elyse is like my sister.”

“Yet you say you’ll marry her if you don’t have anyone by the time your twenty-eight?” Brendan gives him an odd look. “Never thought incest was your thing, Ryan.”

“A pact’s a pact,” Ryan shrugs. “Shut up, Brendan, Elyse isn’t my blood sister.”

“How old were you when you made this pact?” Jason questions.

“She was five and I was eight.”

The rest of the guys laugh, shaking their head at Ryan’s ridiculousness.

“You should definitely honor a pact you made at that age, definitely.” Brendan nods his head earnestly. “Because she barely even know what the hell marriage was at that point and you were being a pedophile asking her hand for marriage.” Brendan smacks Ryan up the head, since he’s sitting right beside him.

“Hey!” Ryan rubs the back of his head. “She was the one who initiated that pact, alright. I’m not a pedophile, Elyse is of age.”

“That’s not the point, Ryan. Don’t hold on to a pact that you two made when you were kids. Besides that, isn’t she into Michael?” Jason asks.

Ryan rolls his eyes. “She is not interested in him. It’s just one of those little fangirl crushes.”

“You know what happens to fangirl crushes? Especially if they can actually talk to their crush?” Brendan says to him. “You act like they don’t have the same circle of friends.”

“Wait, how do you guys even know about this?” Ryan looks over at Aaron.

“Hey, I just found out today, don’t accuse me of telling people. I’m not you.” Aaron replies, holding his hands up in front of him.

“My wife told me,” Brendan answers.

“Brendan told me.” Jason replies.

“The gossip of the swimming world, Brendan Hansen told me. Amelia mentioned it as well.” Ian adds.

“Great, everyone knows but her own best friend.” Ryan scoffs. “Like I said, little crush. Michael’s a douche when it comes to girls, I wouldn’t let her go through that.”

“You’re calling Michael a douche?” Brendan laughs loudly. “What does that make you then?”

“Hey! Honestly, I do not treat women horribly.” Ryan defends himself.

“We never said you did, but you dispose of them in rather a quick pace.” Jason replies.

“They don’t interest me.” Ryan shrugs.

“That is such a douchebag thing to say.” Ian shakes his head, chuckling.

“But you’ve had serious girlfriends before Ryan, why don’t they last?” Brendan questions.

Ryan purses his lips. “They don’t like my relationship with Elyse.”

It’s the truth he’s never told Elyse. But some of his girlfriends broke up with him because of her. Well at times, he did the breaking up. Some of his exes hated that Ryan put Elyse first, but what can he say? Bros over hoes, besides that how can some girl who barely came into his life expect him to put them over Elyse. Are they insane? Elyse is one of the most important people in his life. Given, his girlfriend is rather important as well, but compared to her, well there’s no comparison. At times they would even make him pick, which usually means the end of their relationship.

He understands where there worries were coming from, but honestly, Elyse is his best friend. How can they expect him not to put her first? She’s been there since the beginning. Some of the girls he’s dated got along with Elyse, they made an effort, it was like Elyse was the sister they had to impress. Because everyone knows, if Elyse says no or even hints that she doesn’t like a girl, Ryan would end it.

“Can’t blame them, I would be pretty jealous as well.” Brendan agrees.

“What? Elyse is my best friend, I think some girls need to learn that she comes first. It’s like bros over hoes.” Ryan explains.

The four swimmers laugh at Ryan’s reply, confusing him.

“Ryan, honestly, Elyse is not even a bro. Don’t you find it peculiar that you put her before everyone?” Jason questions. “As soon as you even think she’s in need, without her even calling you, you immediately come to her rescue. You baby her, she’s not your child.”

“I do not baby her.” Ryan argues.

“Then you should let her make her own mistake.” Aaron speaks out.

Ryan’s eyes lock on Aaron.

“Look, Lochte, I understand you want to keep her from getting hurt. We have siblings, younger cousins, girls who we consider our younger sister. Believe me, I understand.” Aaron begins. “But we need to let them make their own mistakes. You should trust Elyse. She’ll eventually catch on to what you’re doing. She deserves some love too.”

“I think she should finish school first.” Ryan retorts.

“Lochte, damn it, honestly, what is this self righteous bullshit you’re preaching? We’re not saying Elyse has a guy waiting on her or something, you just need to keep an open mind.” Brendan scolds him. “Jesus Christ, Lochte, you have an excuse for everything when it comes to Elyse. You didn’t even like school.”

“School was never my thing, it’s hers. She likes to learn or something,” Ryan shrugs. “Look, I appreciate the advice, but Elyse is fine, she’ll find the love of her life when the right time comes.”

“When will that be? When you’re in another planet?” Ian asks.

“No, when she finishes school. Maybe she’s already talking to someone, you never know.” Ryan replies.

“And you expect us to believe that you don’t know she’s talking to someone?” Jason raises an eyebrow.

“My sources tell me there’s no one.” Ryan smirks. “Shame, such a shame.”

“You’re horrible, Lochte.” Brendan shakes his head.

“Is there anything you don’t know about Elyse?” Jason’s not sure why he’s even asking, but there are some things best friends don’t tell one another.

Ryan thinks for a moment before shrugging. “I’m sure there are things I don’t know about her, but I know the important details.”

“Has she ever been in a relationship?” Aaron questions.

“Not that I know of, but honestly, no one in Gainesville is even going to try.” Ryan leans back on his chair, the smirk never leaving his face.

“What if she’s had one outside of Gainesville?” Aaron points out.

Ryan laughs. “Please, she’s rarely out of Gainesville. The only time she leaves is when she goes with me to my meets or when she goes to California to visit her parents.” It’s a possibility, he knows that, but he feels that her parents or even Jake would let him know some details. They wouldn’t leave him in the dark. He’s family. “Her family would have mentioned something by now.”

“But what if they didn’t know?” Aaron’s persistence on the idea of Elyse dating someone outside of Florida is starting to bug Ryan. He feels like there’s something there, but at the same time, Peirsol would have told him, he knows he would have. They may not be the closest friends in the world, but he would tell him.

“Do you know something, Aaron?” Ryan questions his fellow swimmer and former rival.

Ian, Brendan, and Jason watch the situation carefully. They know there wouldn’t be any hits or harsh words, but Ryan can get a bit unreasonable when it comes to her.

“No, I’m just simply asking. Because you can’t exactly keep tabs on her when she leaves Florida, more importantly, there are times you go to meets and she doesn’t go with you.” Aaron tells him. He’s not quite familiar of Elyse’s love life, besides the things Amelia tells him or Chris would tell him from time to time. But he knows there has been someone in her life, someone besides Ryan.

“I can’t, but like I said, she usually tells Jake everything, he would have mentioned something by now.” Ryan eyes Aaron wearily, a gut feeling telling him that Aaron knows something, but he decides not to push it. There’s a time and place for that conversation.

“So, let’s move on from Elyse to, what we’re going to eat. I’m starving.” Brendan states.

“Hey, wait, where’s your wife?” Ryan looks around.

“With her girl friends,” Brendan shrugs. “So what boys? Shall we buy some BBQ and fire up the grill?”

“Can never say no to your cooking, Bren,” Ian stands up, the other boys following after him. He makes his way inside, Ryan and Jason following before him

Brendan looks over at Aaron who’s the last to stand up. “Lochte’s in love with her.”

“You don’t say,” sarcasm’s dripping down Aaron’s voice.

“Shut up, Peirsol,” Brendan playfully punches his arm. “I have a plan.”

Aaron groans. “Can you stop trying to meddle with other people’s relationships?”

“I’m not meddling, I’m merely pushing them to the right direction.” Brendan replies, a smile appearing on his face, mischief seen in his blue eyes. “Good thing Michael is coming for the BBQ huh?”

Aaron chuckles. “You’re going to get Michael killed or Ryan might have a heart attack, whichever comes first.”

“Ryan needs some tough love. Besides, Michael has a girlfriend, giving Lochte an extra push is harmless.” Brendan reasons with his best friend.

“Let’s hope it is.”

"Well if people weren't so scared, I wouldn't have to do it."

“Trying to say something Hansen?”

“Oh no, of course not Peirsol, just stating facts.” Brendan shrugs. “It’s okay, you’re next.”

“Brendan, honestly, I don’t need your help. I still need to beat you for the stunt you pulled the other day.” Aaron narrows his eyes at his best friend.

“Aaron, look, I’m trying to help you out man. You’ve been single for almost three years. You’re not getting any younger, it’s obvious you’re waiting for her to give you a hint or something, but we both know, that’s not going to happen.” Brendan loves the two, but they can get frustrating. It’s like they’re playing tag, waiting for who will make the next hint about their feelings. Brendan wants to tie the two up, lock them in a room and not let them out till they confess. He’s been tempted, but has been stopped numerous of times. Eddie Reese, their coach, even tried helping out, but to no avail. Who knew Aaron Peirsol would be so hardheaded?

“You need to take a risk, make a move. I’m sure you would hate it if you let this chance to go. Do you want to live your life with this kind of regret?” Brendan continues. “I know you don’t want to risk your friendship or whatever, but you’re worst than Ryan at times.”

“Hey, hey, hey, Ryan is on a different level, different problem.” Aaron replies.

“Doesn’t matter, you two are both stubborn.” Brendan shakes his head. “You know what, fine, don’t go after her. But do yourself a favor and at least find someone else because someone’s going to make a move on her soon. Don’t ask how I know, I just do.”

“Is it Nathan?” Aaron questions. The Cal Berkeley swimmer has made his intentions for Amelia clear. As far as Aaron knows, Nathan and Amelia have a mutual friend and that’s how their friendship began, which slightly bloomed during Beijing. Even though Nathan hasn’t made a move since then, he knows Nathan is interested. Only reason he hasn’t made a move is because he didn’t want to step on Aaron’s foot.

“Doesn’t matter who it is, what are you going to do about it?”

Aaron purses his lips, shoving his pockets in his jeans. His hands slightly turning into a fist, but he tries to keep it open, to show he’s not aggravated. But that’s hard to hide from his best friend.

“Nathan’s not going to make a move if you ask him not to.”

“That’s a bit selfish.”

“Well then you might as well hand Amelia to him with a bow on her head.” Brendan chuckles bitterly. “You know what, maybe you should let Nathan date Amelia. Least he has the balls to approach her. I understand that you know where she stands, but that doesn’t mean she’ll reject you.”

"How about you go to hell Hansen. I'll let Nathan to have Amelia when hell freezes over." Aaron could only take so much. He doesn’t mean to be rude to Brendan, but his best friend is definitely pushing the right buttons to piss him off. Brendan’s right, how can he not do anything about this? He understands the girl code or whatnot, he respects guy code too, but Eva has moved on, he’s certain that Eva wouldn’t care if Amelia were to date him.

“That’s the Peirsol I know! Don’t let Adrian take your girl! He’s a good guy, but like I said, Amelia’s your girl.” Brendan encourages him. “Heads up, Nathan is going to be here tonight.”

“I know that.”

“Good, then you should know as well that he’s planning on convincing Amelia to bid on him for the event.” Brendan whistles. “Just a heads up.”

"We'll just see about that."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said it might take me longer, but when inspiration hits, it hits! Anyways, thank you for the continuous support you all give me. Without it, this story would just not continue. The comments, the subscriptions and everything. Thank you for taking the time to read this story, I greatly appreciate it. Hopefully I get to update quickly like this all the time. Thank you once again!